Mini Trip Report

So yesterday I went over to the World in the evening to catch Candlelight before Christmas, and I checked out some of the new attractions while I was there. Here's what I noticed.

At Epcot, I rode Test Track, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. Getting to design my own car was a blast, and my brother (who went over with me) and I had a grand ole' time comparing our scores and creating commercials. He was particularly keen on the Tron-esque visuals, and then we lamented about how old we were getting (it's a long story). On a less positive note, many of the lights in the queue's fixtures were out, which was disappointing to see as the attraction is less than a month old.

The Odyssey building is depressingly empty.

Candlelight was fantastic.

Via Napoli remains my favorite place in the world to get pizza.

The new canopy at the Osbourne Family Lights is really neat, and the new song is one of my favorites after just one showing.

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow has some really cool technology, but it was a little awkward having to roar and stomp my feet at the behest of an inexplicably floating head in the sky. Those mermaids are creepy, and the rising water and the lightning were the coolest projection effects I've seen in a long time. When Davy Jones fired and missed Jack's ship, "dents" appeared in the walls, which was really cool. Again, if they applied some of the tech from here to the actual ride, I would be one happy fanboy.

Space Mountain is looking better than ever. All the games were in great order, no noticeable trash, fresh coats of paint, and the whirring sound on the final helix tickles my fancy every time. Also, my party still gives me weird looks for knowing the music to the ride and humming along.

New Fantasyland is a jaw-dropper. Really, it's just stunning, especially at night. Ariel's Adventure was closed though. Bummer. Lefou's Brew is fantastic, and beats butterbeer in mine (and my brother's) books. Also, the sneak peek between the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train was really neat, and it gives a really good view of the outdoor lift hill.

The monorails were nice and clean as well.

That's all I could squeeze in with just a couple of hours to do everything. Thanks for reading!

DisneyPrincess5

Sounds like you had a great Epcot day! Who narrated your Candelight Processional?
I agree about Odyssey. Not to be negative because I absolutely love Epcot, but its sad to look around and see some things that aren't kept up or used anymore, or even not used wisely. It's kind of like a graveyard of what was and what was awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom