Mini-Golf: on property vs off property

sbkline

For those of you who have played at the Disney places as well as the off property ones in Orlando and/or Kissimmee, which do you like better? With me, it is tradition to play at Pirates Island in Kissimmee every time I go to Florida, so we must do that one on our next trip. However, I would also like to try Pirates Cove just off of I-4 and Hwy 535 (if I remember correctly) and possibly that Hawaiian Volcano one. But we also have a mini-golf voucher as part of our WDW vacation package and I would kind of like to try out the Disney mini-golf sites as well. As I said, Pirates Island is the one "must", but I would like to do at least one other, but I know we surely won't get around to playing at 5 or 6 different places. For those of you who have done both, how do the WDW ones compare to the ones I listed? Which would you recommend?

jjgoo

Looks fun. Now I just have to decide between that one, Winter SummerLand and Pirates Cove. If I do all three of them, plus Pirates Island, that would be 4 mini-golf courses and I'm not sure we'll find time to do all 4. So I'm gonna have to narrow it down a bit. LOL

If you don't have time for all four then all the more reason to say that you have to go back sooner rather than later!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

hokielutz

So for those of you who have played on the Disney courses, do you walk up hills and go through caves and such things? Or is it pretty much flat with cool scenery?

There isn't much in the way of mountains or caves that you go into like you would find at Pirate's Cove. Disney does have some really neat designs and theming for its three mini-golf courses.

The fourth course... Fantasia Fairways... really is challenging. You have to whack the ball on average a 100 ft or more per hole. This course is probably not great for the young ones.
How about this for a story.... My first round on the "Fairways" resulted in a score that was far worse than some of my better games at the Palm or Osprey Ridge course.

Upvote 0

reptar77

My husband and I play at a mini golf place on International Drive. I think the name is Congo River and it's close to the Universal entrance. The cool thing about it is that you can feed the alligators, ducks and koi there. They also have two courses (easy and hard) and a scavenger hunt game as you're playing golf. It's usually not too busy and the holes are really interesting. I would definately recommend it.

This mini golf is great but once we are at Disney we do not like to leave property. Our vote is Fantasia gardens.

Upvote 0

sandman50

My first round on the "Fairways" resulted in a score that was far worse than some of my better games at the Palm or Osprey Ridge course.

:lol: No joke.I can easily have to pick up on many holes.
I have to say that if anyone hasn't played the Fairways course yet and is an avid golfer you are missing out.
It's a riot trying to guess the breaks correctly.
One tip from me would be to play it in the a.m. when you can see all the undulations.The shadows at night can make the course more difficult than it already is.Our family enjoys the Gardens course also.Nice to have such different courses together.

rich

Upvote 0

CatLady

Review in Citysearch of Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf at Crossroads: http://orlando.citysearch.com/profile/2404791

The review comments that there are three.

The last time I was at Pirate's Cove in Kissimmee, they had termites swarming everywhere, and it really freaked me out. I was afraid to let my shoes or my husband's shoes anywhere near our house for fear that we might have brought some home!

I like playing Fantasia Mini Golf (gardens course) in the evening. You can see Mickey Mouse atop the mountain at the end of Fantasmic, if you are looking over the treeline at the right time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom