Mine train cars have started run throughs

Sped2424

mhm..December still seems too soon. While they have upped the rate of construction I feel they still have so much to do, enclosing the front of the mountain in rockwork is going to take forever if the back proved to be anything. and then they gotta paint it and build the cottage and do everything that we don't know they are doing.

Animaniac93-98

December will probably be for Cast testing, not public soft openings. My guess is that those will start sometime between the two holiday weekends in January and February.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No, but as I said and offered a pre-emeptive apology, it happened quickly and I just hit record as the train came up the top. I waited probably 20 minutes to get another better shot, but didn't see it happen again. I'm sure a better video will come soon from someone. :)

Forget them, it's a good video that was spur of the moment and I don't care which direction it's facing.

aladdin2007

Saw them running along the track today, looking good. But talk about mass crowds, I dont see how this park can handle even more once this is open. The place was mayhem. Its insane and to the point where its becoming not even doable.

doctornick

Saw them running along the track today, looking good. But talk about mass crowds, I dont see how this park can handle even more once this is open. The place was mayhem. Its insane and to the point where its becoming not even doable.

Yes, they need to significantly improve and increase the number of attractions in the other three parks to disperse crowds.

WDWFan_Boston

Any thoughts if those cars in the video are going at the full speed they will when the ride is up and running? It may be my imagination but they seemed a tad slow.

MerlinTheGoat

Any thoughts if those cars in the video are going at the full speed they will when the ride is up and running? It may be my imagination but they seemed a tad slow.
That's likely how fast they will go when open. The ride isn't going to be allowed to go very fast when the cars themselves are going to sway back and forth. Plus it's geared towards younger kids and has a rather low height limit. There's not very many slopes in the track to allow the cars to build up much speed either.

WDWFan_Boston

That's likely how fast they will go when open. The ride isn't going to be allowed to go very fast when the cars themselves are going to sway back and forth. Plus it's geared towards younger kids and has a rather low height limit. There's not very many slopes in the track to allow the cars to build up much speed either.

That's what I suspected. I understand that this isn't the Rock n Roller Coaster or even Space Mountain, but I was curious. Even though it's being labeled as a "kiddie ride" by some, I think that the swaying cars will add an interesting element to the ride.

MerlinTheGoat

What will define this ride as being a regular kiddie coaster or something above that is the level of theming they pull off. From the beginning, the thrill factor was never going to be anything more than a kiddie coaster with a swinging element implemented, and I wouldn't call that anything really special. But that would have been fine if they go through with a really impressive Disney level of thematic elements. The original concept art of the Fantasyland Expansion had a lot of visual treats to the outside such as a track that would weave in and out of the inside of the mountain several times, sparkling gemstones scattered around the outside, some nice water features and the iconic scene with the dwarfs marching home from work on top of a fallen tree as a bridge. I'm worried that some or all of those elements may not be present in the final version and we'll not get the rich outside portions (the majority of the ride) portrayed in the art. Instead leaving that just to the inside parts. We'll see what happens when they begin to put more details on the outside (looks like the basic rockwork is still far from done).

doctornick

I'm guessing it is more "accessible to younger kids" than "geared" towards them. Think Matterhorn before the recent ride vehicle change (where the height limit was only 38").

MerlinTheGoat

I'm guessing it is more "accessible to younger kids" than "geared" towards them. Think Matterhorn before the recent ride vehicle change (where the height limit was only 38").
Perhaps, but the height limit for this may be more of a safety concern than the level of thrills. I can't see this being as thrilling as the Matterhorn. I see this more geared towards kids but easily enjoyable by adults. And I see the Matterhorn geared towards both types of guests equally when it was designed.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Having a bad day there scout?

Nah, just a pet peeve.

Here, I'm going to fix that for you:
Thank you for reacting as quickly as you did, to this unexpected event, and capturing it on video for the rest of us to enjoy.

Rotating a small object 90* clockwise or counter clockwise is a simple quick motion.

Wow! And Scout is a "premium member"! I guess being premium is no guarantee that someone will stay classy!

Ironic Boston is the Avatar here. How bout that game tonight?

Last edited:

Sped2424

I have a feeling this ride will be both fun and pretty, it will be the must thing to do in fantasyland when you get there. It won't be an eticket. But it sure as heck will be a welcomed adventure for both young and old.

alissafalco

Thanks for the video! Great to see even in low quality. Looks like we can put to rest the speculation that the swinging effect had been eliminated. I am getting more optimistic that this will open very early next year.

I don't know, I watched the video 2x and I didn't notice any swinging effect at all. Am I missing something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom