Mine Train and Overweight People...

ZaneB

Original Poster
I was thinking this morning, what if an overweight person is on the mine train alone or with a small child. Won't there cart stay tipping on their side on all the straights?

rsoxguy

This is perhaps one of the strangest threads that I have read in a while, and this is coming from a guy who posts about zombies with regularity. :)
I would assume that a ride such as this is engineered properly well in advance for most factors. As with the need to turn back pregnant women on certain rides, I assume that any weight restrictions will be enforced on this ride.

rsoxguy

So you're saying this ride will feature obese dwarf zombies in swinging carts?

I take back all the bad things I said about TDO.

I want to party with you...

ghostbusters-3-left-covered-in-sticky-ectoplasm-as-bill-murray-pulls-out-2432200.png

wilkeliza

This is perhaps one of the strangest threads that I have read in a while, and this is coming from a guy who posts about zombies with regularity. :)
I would assume that a ride such as this is engineered properly well in advance for most factors. As with the need to turn back pregnant women on certain rides, I assume that any weight restrictions will be enforced on this ride.

Turning back pregnant women has nothing to do with weight. It is has everything to do with the fact that any ride could be harmful to a pregnancy.

I hope they don't have to start turning guests for weight. If that is the case a large portion of Disney guests are going to be upset and be at guest services since they come to Disney simply because it is "big" friendly. If they wanted the humiliation of being turned away from a ride the would go to Universal or Six Flags (where the big boy seats are used which is so offensive if you ask me to call their seats big boy (or guy) seats.)

The Incredible Schmulk

If anything, the more weight, the better. Matterhorn at Disneyland runs on friction so the more heavier people on the ride, the faster it goes. Maybe this ride will be the same.

So, kids, the lesson here is: if you're in line for the Matterhorn with a team of Samoan sumo wrestling competitive eaters, as uncomfortable as it may seem, squeezing into their bobsled with them would probably make for the greatest Disney ride experience you could ever imagine.

The_more_you_know.gif

ZaneB

Original Poster
how do I post on zombies regularly?

stevehousse

This is hysterical and I didn't even think of it till I read your post! ROFL neways, there is video of imagineers testing out the ride vehicle in the back of a pick up truck driving around a parking lot. It looks like the vehicle is very heavy and there for would not have an effect on a persons weight.

BCVTalsJam

Um I just think this is one of the dumbest threads at the moment...I am sure Disney has figures out what to do about weight even before the started building the ride.

rsoxguy

Turning back pregnant women has nothing to do with weight. It is has everything to do with the fact that any ride could be harmful to a pregnancy.

I hope they don't have to start turning guests for weight. If that is the case a large portion of Disney guests are going to be upset and be at guest services since they come to Disney simply because it is "big" friendly. If they wanted the humiliation of being turned away from a ride the would go to Universal or Six Flags (where the big boy seats are used which is so offensive if you ask me to call their seats big boy (or guy) seats.)

I do have an understanding as to why it is that pregnant women are restricted from riding on certain attractions. The analogy was used to highlight the handling of ride restrictions in general, rather than equating the one condition with the other. I am in agreement with you that attractions should be designed with weight classes as a consideration. Although I am not an "overweight" person, whatever that means, I would hate to see someone embarrassed on their vacation.

ZaneB

Original Poster
Um I just think this is one of the dumbest threads at the moment...I am sure Disney has figures out what to do about weight even before the started building the ride.

It's a good question and I never said Disney were not going to do anything about it, read the posts before you get smart next time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom