Minature Golf

abug'saunt

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I have a really quick question for y'all. My DH and I will be arriving "home" 2 weeks from today for a 10 day stay. Part of the package we bought included 1 free round of mini golf at either course. We are using DME and other Disney transportation, so no rental car, and we noticed during last trip there was no buses going to just the minigolf courses. So here's my question, we're staying at POR - how do we get to either course using just Disney transport?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

NiarrNDisney

If you plan on going to Winter Summerland you can just take a bus to Blizzard Beach
As for Fantasia Gardens it will be a bit more complicated, you will have to get transportation
to DTD and then take a bus to either the Swan or Dolphin Resorts and then from there it just a
quick walk to the courses.
Quick sidenote: I like Fantasia Gardens better it has a more Disney feel and the course + the surrounding views are beautiful

Captain Hank

Fantasia Gardens is easily accessed from the Epcot resort area, particularly from the Swan and Dolphin. You can hop on transportation from any theme park or DTD to the Swan/Dolphin and ask for directions from there.

Disneyson 1

Fantasia gardens is AMAZING (as long as you ignore the parking lot next to some holes!) and Winter Summerland is nice, too. Happy golfing!

beyondyou

Fantasia golf is amazing!!!

we typically go to epcot for a day then end with some putt putt, it's a nice little walk from epcot, through boardwalk, past swan and dolphin, to it but kinda relaxing after a long day at the park :). it's such a fun time

abug'saunt

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your quick responses. We have a day in the middle of our trip where we want to have a kinda lazy, no rush day and thought we'd try the minigolf. Fantasia must be really good with everyone (so far :lol:) singing its praises.

Captain Hank

I really enjoy both Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens (haven't ever tried Fantasia Fairways). I think out of all of them, I like the sand course of Winter Summerland the best--it's the most clever of the courses.

NiarrNDisney

Thank you everyone for your quick responses. We have a day in the middle of our trip where we want to have a kinda lazy, no rush day and thought we'd try the minigolf. Fantasia must be really good with everyone (so far :lol:) singing its praises.

Oh Fantasia Gardens is such a great place, and if you were going to do a lazy no rush day it would be such a great choice with the Boardwalk and the other Epcot Resorts near by. You could play a game of mini golf, then wander around Cresent Lake, have dinner at one of the many restaurants then find a great spot to watch the fireworks at Epcot. I hope you have a wonderful day...

Jim B

Just a quick piece of advice. I remember two courses at Fantasia and one of them (I think it was the Fairways but I'm not sure) is rather difficult and was not much fun for me. Be sure to check it out before playing one of the courses. I'm sure it's a matter of opinion, but it might cut out a surprise.

Matt and Kelly

We played the Winter course near Blizzard Beach when we were there in March. We had a great time but I found the course very Disney-Friendly. Our group were sinking aces like nobody's business!

I think I had 9 hole-in-one's at the end of the round and set the day's low score of 32.

Love to play Fantasia next time we are there...it looked really cool!

worldfanatic

I really enjoy both Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens (haven't ever tried Fantasia Fairways). I think out of all of them, I like the sand course of Winter Summerland the best--it's the most clever of the courses.

Thanks Hank!

Wife & I are playing Winter Summerland this september and weren't sure whether we should prioritize the sand or snow course(although we may squeeze in both). I'll notch your vote for sand.

Pioneer Hall

I think that in terms of imagination WinterSummerland offers you some more surprises (mainly because it is newer). Fantasia definitely has more of the Disney feel because it is based on the Disney movie. Both courses are fantastic though and are without question the most fun mini golf courses I have ever been to.

As others have said, when you go to Fantasia, make sure you play on the Gardens course. The fairways is more like a professional putting green without the fun and whimsy. The decorated and themed side is the gardens. There are signs there to make sure you get what you are looking for.

PhilharMagician

Games are 1/2 price with an AP.

Both courses are equally fun. I do like playing a game at the fairways, but it is a fast and tough course to play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom