Millionaire Replacement??

BeachClubVillas

Original Poster
Hi all...

I just found this on the Screamscape website. Keep in mind how "reliable" they tend to be.

2005/2006 - New Action Show - Rumor - (8/20/04) Screamscape sources tell us that there are a couple of really odd concepts floating around out there for a possible new live action show to replace Who Wants to be a Millionare when they are ready to close it down. Millionare may close sooner than later due to the fact that the California version of Millionare is set to close forever today. The overall theme for the new shows I’ve heard about seem to involve action but with a family friendly atmopshere... so I guess they are looking to make a mini-stunt show for the Tweens. The first concept up is a possible live show based on the seemingly endless Power Ranger series, while the other would involve an extended union between Diseny and SquareEnix to bring the Kingdom Hearts universe out of the Playstation and into the Millionaire sound stage.

Testtrack321

Power Rangers?

Oh. Dear. God. No.

I have a good feeling this is one of those wild Screamscape rumors that pop up even once in a while.

BeachClubVillas

Original Poster
Testtrack321 said:
Power Rangers?

Oh. Dear. God. No.

I have a good feeling this is one of those wild Screamscape rumors that pop up even once in a while.

I really hope you're right. I know the Millionaire show in California wasn't popular, but the Florida one seems to still pull in good numbers. And another show/attraction geared towards tweens would be awful IMO. Besides, what tween wants to go see Power Rangers?????

sum41914

BeachClubVillas said:
I really hope you're right. I know the Millionaire show in California wasn't popular, but the Florida one seems to still pull in good numbers. And another show/attraction geared towards tweens would be awful IMO. Besides, what tween wants to go see Power Rangers?????

I Do I Do, um not really (im 16, not quite a tween tho :lol: ), really like why Power Rangers, they dont even do their own stunts on TV, that show is just so funny to watch. I really enjoy playing Millionare every trip, only thing is that I havent madde it to the Hot Seat but I came in in 2nd place 2wice my last trip only off by like 20 points. I didnt even know Cali had Millionare, I guess its true you learn something every day.

wannab@dis

I hope this is not true since Millionaire still brings in a lot of guests. It seems to be a really popular show. Even during times when the parks are not busy, the show is usually packed with people. I don't mind seeing change, but this doesn't hit me as the best change to make at this time.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I don't see this happening with the car stunt show right down the road from Millionaire.

Every time I go, it's the very slow season, yet Millionaire is always full.

BeachClubVillas

Original Poster
I agree that there really isn't a need to change this show when it is still popular just because it wasn't popular in California.

BTW, my dad made it into the hot seat on our trip in June! He made it all the way to the 125,000 point question and ran out of time! It was a lot of fun though. He wore his hat and pins the rest of the trip and people kept coming up to him and talking to him about it. We think he had good luck because we all managed to sit in the exact same seats on both of our trips to the show, and on the second time, he won the first fastest finger question.

Shaman

BeachClubVillas said:
'....while the other would involve an extended union between Diseny and SquareEnix to bring the Kingdom Hearts universe out of the Playstation and into the Millionaire sound stage.'
hmm...thats interesting....

But now...do we really need another show at the Studios? I think a nice lil dark ride would go nicely there....

That being said....Go, Go, Power Rangers....:lookaroun

:lol:

imagineer boy

Dear lord, please no power rangers! They're not even popular anymore. Kingdom Hearts would be interestin though. Oh well, its Scream Scape after all, so don't count on it. I have some wild guesses that they might replace it with an Armageddon show, or perhaps a movie set type version of alien encounter, but I can't get my hopes up. :( Of corse, they could always replace it with a meet 'n greet. :lol:

dxwwf3

Well I certainly hope that something replaces "Play It!" pretty soon. The television show is not nearly as popular as it was and the theme park attraction has a "been there, done that" feel to it. Unless you actually get to sit in the hot seat, the novelty wears off pretty quick. But to it's credit it can be a neat experience if you are lucky enough to get there.

I would love to see the Armageddon attraction from Paris placed in this area. Then they could finally use the space of the old Backstage Pass show. The videos I've have seen from that show look really good. It looks like a better version of Twister from USF. This could be a great addition to that side of the park.

CrackerJack

Before trashing Millionaire to put something new in, shouldn't something new go in the building where "Doug" used to be? It's ridiculous to take out a perfectly good attraction (one of my absolute faves -- just because I'm 1 for 1 in getting to the hotseat :sohappy: ) when there is prime real estate lying dormant.

And if you are going to get rid of anything at MGM, my vote goes for "Sound's Dangerous" and the Indy stunt show. The Indy stunt show definitely loses replay value and SD just stinks.

dxwwf3

CrackerJack said:
Before trashing Millionaire to put something new in, shouldn't something new go in the building where "Doug" used to be? It's ridiculous to take out a perfectly good attraction (one of my absolute faves -- just because I'm 1 for 1 in getting to the hotseat :sohappy: ) when there is prime real estate lying dormant.

Well I have to say I agree with you there. There's no need to have buildings sitting there empty.

And even though I like Sounds Dangerous alot more than Who Wants To Be A Millionare: Play It!, I can see how some people would want a replacement there as well. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing both of those shows replaced.

You can also take "It's ridiculous to take out a perfectly good attraction when there is prime real estate lying dormant." and apply it to my favorite attraction as well ;) I couldn't resist.

PeeplMoovr

Is this "Armageddon" attraction based on the film?
Armageddon the film ranks at #1 on my "Worst Films of All Time" list.
Will the attraction be better than the movie? (I hope) :lookaroun

Jeff D

I always have to have a laugh about the power rangers. I don't know how many of you are old enough but when the power rangers first came to teh US they were not for kids. It was a dubbed japanese show that was shown late night on the USA network in a show called night ranger or night tracks (this was during the 80's). They usually showed several kung foo movies and occansionally showed the power rangers. Very adult with older (mid twenties) actors and very funny stuff. W

When I first saw the kiddie version I was amazed that it looked very similar but very toned down to a kiddie level.

It was bummed (so were my friends) because it so soo darn funny but I guess they had other plans.

BTW, no I don't want to see a show based on it at the studios.

Want to make me, and probably others, happy? Disney should return the studios to a functioning studio since they have enough various production properties they own to make use of it. Disney Channel comes to mind to make use of it. Miramax could offer cheaper production costs there for independant movies, etc.

disnyfan89

I hope Millionaire will be around a long time!! I was there on Monday and RnRC had a 20 min wait and ToT was no wait but Millionair had a full show even when the whole park (and I do mean the whole park) started to line up for Fantasmic!

dxwwf3

PeeplMoovr said:
Is this "Armageddon" attraction based on the film?
Armageddon the film ranks at #1 on my "Worst Films of All Time" list.
Will the attraction be better than the movie? (I hope) :lookaroun

Well from what I hear the attraction seems to be a love it or hate it type of show. Steve, the webmaster, wrote a wonderful review of the show and here is the link:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=42780

I really like the idea for this show and hopefully I will get to see it in person one day.

jrriddle

If they want a stunt show that appeals to "tweens" wouldn't Kim Possible be a better choice?
I'd prefer a darkride myself -Great Muppet Movie Ride or a Roger Rabbit Car-toon-spin (or something Roger Rabbit).
3 stunt shows seem a little much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom