Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

YodaMan

Does anyone know exactly how to best use the harpoon in the engineering position? I hit the lit button, but then Hondo complained, and I saw it was still lit. Hit it again, but it still stayed lit. I wound up hitting it over and over. We got the second coaxium, but my reeling score was terrible.

That’s... how it works?? I’m not sure what I’m missing. Once the harpoons are fired you have to reel the ship in closer. Hitting the button pulls you closer. The faster you hit, the closer you get and the higher your score.

TimeTrip

That’s... how it works?? I’m not sure what I’m missing. Once the harpoons are fired you have to reel the ship in closer. Hitting the button pulls you closer. The faster you hit, the closer you get and the higher your score.
Ok, now I know for next time. Thanks :). I didn't know the reeling mechanic was to mash the button.

Tom Morrow

Ah so that's what it is. Twice now I've been behind the train, harpooned it successfully, but didn't snag the container fast enough and Hondo said we had to get out of there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ah so that's what it is. Twice now I've been behind the train, harpooned it successfully, but didn't snag the container fast enough and Hondo said we had to get out of there.

You got to mash that button. It sends energy pulses along the cable to the train. If the engineers and gunners are all mashing their buttons, you get the second coaxium.

Tom Morrow

This is kind of cool, though some of it might be based on non-canon information. Based on this video, it's assumed that we board the ship through the port side airlock rather than the ramp which is under the Starboard airlock.

wishiwere@wdw

Was that really the plan? I'd be interesting in hearing more about this version.
Unfortunately, I’m not really at liberty to dive too deep into this (mostly due to other unrelated projects/potential projects) but yes, there was another proposal that at least from my perspective, had a much better ride system. Ironically, it would appear they actually took the more expensive route as Interaction with the ride and playing a role within was paramount vs just being a ride with a story. For what it’s worth, they did try to take risks and build something truly unique!

edit: Just wanted to point out that it still would have been simulator based had they gone with a different proposal.

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

... it’s so annoying when people come here to dangle inside knowledge, then pull out the “I’m not at liberty to discuss” card.

Tell us or don’t tell us.

“It was going to a simulator but it’s still a simulator.” Why even tell us anything if you’re going to tell us nothing?

peter11435

... it’s so annoying when people come here to dangle inside knowledge, then pull out the “I’m not at liberty to discuss” card.

“It was going to a simulator but it’s still a simulator.” Why even tell us anything if you’re going to tell us nothing?
Pick up the pieces, connect the dotes, and appreciate the information people are able to provide you.

Mickeyboof

Pick up the pieces, connect the dotes, and appreciate the information people are able to provide you.

It’s tiresome to come here and say there were previous iterations of a ride, and leave it at that. There are hundreds of iterations of each ride ever made. For every single choice there are hundreds and hundreds of branching ideas.

To tell us something basic like “there was another proposal” is exhausting. There were many many many proposals. Tell us what was SPECIAL about the propsal, that’s what is interesting.

I’m not going to appreciate someone saying “the red barn is red, but someone wanted to paint the red barn another color but I’m not going to tell you what color because ....”

Parker in NYC

It’s tiresomely to come here and say there were previous iterations of a ride, and leave it at that. There are hundreds of iterations of each ride ever made. For every single choice there are hundreds and hundreds of branching ideas.

To tell us something basic like “there was another proposal” is exhausting. There were many many many proposals. Tell us what was SPECIAL about the propsal, that’s what is interesting.

Betty Buckley was supposed to be the Witch in Into the Woods. But things changed. Stay tuned.

Kamikaze

It’s tiresome to come here and say there were previous iterations of a ride, and leave it at that. There are hundreds of iterations of each ride ever made. For every single choice there are hundreds and hundreds of branching ideas.

I’m not going to appreciate someone saying “the red barn is red, but someone wanted to paint the red barn another color but I’m not going to tell you what color because ....”

Because saying certain things can endanger their sources. Its how it works, broski.

Parker in NYC

But the person said nothing that isn’t common knowledge. So why say anything at all?

To create confusion.

1284-2.jpg

Joesixtoe

Very ungrateful.. appreciate what the person says, get them comfortable and maybe they'll trust us enough to say something more... its called being nice to people..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom