Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I applaud Disney for going as far as they are with the detailed loading and having the appearance of only “one” Falcon cockpit.

They could have had a conveyor loading system, where you can see the other guests load. The fact that they even attempting to convince guests they are loading into the Falcon, is great. If they pull off it’s the ONLY Falcon, that will be incredible.

With all the effort they are putting into this attraction I’m willing to forgive some minor layout changes. Even most people that have seen all the movies wouldn’t notice that, not to mention the folks who have only seen the recent ones.

Robbiem

I applaud Disney for going as far as they are with the detailed loading and having the appearance of only “one” Falcon cockpit.

They could have had a conveyor loading system, where you can see the other guests load. The fact that they even attempting to convince guests they are loading into the Falcon, is great. If they pull off it’s the ONLY Falcon, that will be incredible.

With all the effort they are putting into this attraction I’m willing to forgive some minor layout changes. Even most people that have seen all the movies wouldn’t notice that, not to mention the folks who have only seen the recent ones.

I agree the biggest disappointment when i first went to universal studios was back to the future- you have a great set up and preshow which falls apart on the ride when you can see rows of cars spoiling the illusion

kelknight84

I agree the biggest disappointment when i first went to universal studios was back to the future- you have a great set up and preshow which falls apart on the ride when you can see rows of cars spoiling the illusion
To each their own. I live for that kind of thing. I love knowing how things work. After riding something once I spend my rerides looking all around at the mechanics. My 2nd ride of FOP I spent the entire ride turned backwards so I could see how it worked.

Speaking of which you can see how it works and tons of other people riding FOP as well, so it's not just universal with "immersion" issues.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Here's a great representation of the Falcon's interior. Curious to see what liberties they'll take with it to accommodate the two turntables being fed with one interior. Hopefully it's something decently disguised.

qvhg6oqfv7uywdmpd5j0.jpg
Anyone notice that for being a "freighter," there's not much room for freight...

drod1985

Anyone notice that for being a "freighter," there's not much room for freight...

In legends the forward mandibles were multi-purpose. Similarly, in Solo you see that Lando has an escape pod in the forward mandibles. In legends there were different cargo containers and such you could swap in modularly. So you could expand the room for cargo that way.

Rogue1138

Since most people have never been in a Millennium Falcon :), I think it will be fine. If someone studies all the specs and diagrams before they go to Galaxy's Edge, it will be like a more extreme version of reading the book right before going to see the movie adaptation... you're probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

Speaking as a life long fan of Star Wars, for a good chunk of us, the ability to walk on the Falcon itself and seeing familiar sights will be enough. I think most won't care about specific accuracy as long as the look and feel is right.

sedati

In legends the forward mandibles were multi-purpose. Similarly, in Solo you see that Lando has an escape pod in the forward mandibles. In legends there were different cargo containers and such you could swap in modularly. So you could expand the room for cargo that way.

lifeguard1020

Forgive me for being selfish and not doing it myself, but has anyone pulled up any of the older Bioreconstruct photos where we can see the foundations for the turntables?

drod1985

Forgive me for being selfish and not doing it myself, but has anyone pulled up any of the older Bioreconstruct photos where we can see the foundations for the turntables?

Bioreconstruct's photos are great, but Twitter is awful for searching for past images. Much easier to look at all the GE content right here on wdwmagic. Here's a link to the full photoset, and here's the most relevant photo.

Star-Wars-Land_Full_31242.jpg

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Announced at Star Wars Celebration Galaxy's Edge panel:

The appearance of the exit hallway for MF:SR will change according to how you did piloting the ship. Do a great job, the hallway will be pristine. Do a bad job and the hallway will show the damage that happened during your MR:SR adventure. Alarms will be going off, lights will be out and the hallway's appearance will change while audio of crew scrambling to deal with the damage will be overheard.

Does anyone think Disney will use some projection mapping to create part of the effects?

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Announced at Star Wars Celebration Galaxy's Edge panel:

The appearance of the exit hallway for MF:SR will change according to how you did piloting the ship. Do a great job, the hallway will be pristine. Do a bad job and the hallway will show the damage that happened during your MR:SR adventure. Alarms will be going off, lights will be out and the hallway's appearance will change while audio of crew scrambling to deal with the damage will be overheard.

Does anyone think Disney will use some projection mapping to create part of the effects?
This is from a recent Slash films article that outlays how the exit effects might work. The short answer: 2 different exit paths???

EDIT: The 2-exit seems to be based on their misinterpretation of the below diagram. This will likely NOT be how the effect is achieved.

https://www.slashfilm.com/millennium-falcon-smugglers-run-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

The article suggests that there are 2 exits and supplies the diagram below as proof. Although when I look at it I see 1 entrance path and 1 exit path. So if anyone sees this differently I would love to hear your take on it. I not saying there will not be 2 exit paths, just that the diagram below doesn't show them. Regardless, the diagram does provide a nice overview of how the entrance and exit paths will work on the turntable.

From the article:
"Two different routes have been made based on the quality of flight, as can be seen by the graph below". Really?
"And more so than walking through a damaged hallway, guests who fly badly will face the wrath of Hondo Onaka, who is a “phenomenal boss but he doesn’t take too kindly to people bringing back his ship in rough shape.”

Image-from-iOS-4-e1555176419658-700x488.jpg

EDITED for clarity.

Last edited:

britain

This is from a recent Slash films article that outlays how the exit effects might work. The short answer: 2 different exit paths.

https://www.slashfilm.com/millennium-falcon-smugglers-run-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

The article suggests that there are 2 exits and supplies the diagram below as proof. Although when I look at it I see 1 entrance path and 1 exit path. So if anyone sees this differently I would love to hear your take on it. I not saying there will not be 2 exit paths, just that the diagram below doesn't show them. Regardless, the diagram does provide a nice overview of how the entrance and exit paths will work on the turntable.

From the article:
"Two different routes have been made based on the quality of flight, as can be seen by the graph below". Really?
"And more so than walking through a damaged hallway, guests who fly badly will face the wrath of Hondo Onaka, who is a “phenomenal boss but he doesn’t take too kindly to people bringing back his ship in rough shape.”

Image-from-iOS-4-e1555176419658-700x488.jpg

Ha, yeah, they don’t quite know what they’re talking about.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I would interpret this as the one exit corridor will adapt before you walk out of the cockpit. i.e. if you did badly the lights will be flickering or burnt out, there could be a small smoke effect etc. This can all reset quickly for the next group to exit.
Yeah that was my thought too. I think they were basing the “2 exits” on their misinterpretation of the diagram.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom