Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

The Grand Inquisitor

Is Hondo going to be on some type of screen telling you the safety instructions before you enter the cockpit? Also has it been confirmed Hondo will be telling us what to do throughout the ride like "gunners shoot that tie fighter!"?

Absurd2k2

Does anyone have any info about the seating inside the ADA pod? My disabled daughter loves SW but there is no way she could ride this without someone sitting with her. The concept art I've seen of the cockpit with the individual seating has so far lead me to rule this one out for our family.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Does anyone have any info about the seating inside the ADA pod? My disabled daughter loves SW but there is no way she could ride this without someone sitting with her. The concept art I've seen of the cockpit with the individual seating has so far lead me to rule this one out for our family.
The concept art only show the main cockpit not the ADA cockpit. So I wouldn’t judge anything concerning ADA from that.

Other than that I haven’t heard much on the internal ADA cockpits layout.

SWGalaxysEdge

The concept art only show the main cockpit not the ADA cockpit. So I wouldn’t judge anything concerning ADA from that.

Other than that I haven’t heard much on the internal ADA cockpits layout.

...the ADA pod is exactly the same as the non-ADA pods, just not attached to the turntable.
Riders still need to xfr to the seats to ride. The seats are set up exactly the same.
Source: Someone working on the project who installed the pods

Surferboy567

Random question but do we know how “thrilling” this experience will be. Or are we talking just same range of thrill that Star Tours offers (which admittedly is basically a mild attraction not a “thrilling” experience).

Side Note: Not saying this needs to be thrilling to be enjoyable. Piloting the falcon is good enough for me. Just curious on this though.

Last edited:

SWGalaxysEdge

Random question but do we know how “thrilling” this experience will be. Or are we talking just same range of thrill that Star Tours offers (which admittedly is basically a mild attraction not a “thrilling” experience).

Side Note: Not saying this needs to be thrilling to be enjoyable. Piloting the falcon is good enough for me. Just curious on this though.

...the one mission I saw (not that I saw a mission - wink wink) involved a 'Solo' type of mission, Chasing a train to get coaxium. You had to catch up to the train while TIE fighters were shooting at you (guarding the train) and then the Falcon bumped the train and a certain point. The train boarded an elevator type device and was lowering down, the Falcon goes after it, bumps it again and everything crashes to the bottom, Hondo says : "oh good you got some coaxium" - that's as far as I saw/not saw...seemed pretty exciting to me!

Surferboy567

...the one mission I saw (not that I saw a mission - wink wink) involved a 'Solo' type of mission, Chasing a train to get coaxium. You had to catch up to the train while TIE fighters were shooting at you (guarding the train) and then the Falcon bumped the train and a certain point. The train boarded an elevator type device and was lowering down, the Falcon goes after it, bumps it again and everything crashes to the bottom, Hondo says : "oh good you got some coaxium" - that's as far as I saw/not saw...seemed pretty exciting to me!

Considering I liked “Solo” wasn’t the greatest movie ever but it was a fun ride. I’m happy to even see they mentioned coaxium. Of course I’m a fan of Hondo (happy he appears in the ride as opposed to just in queue) as I’m a fan of almost everything Dave Filoni touches (Rebels and Clone Wars). Definitely sounds exciting!

sedati

..right, Took me a while to stop assuming it needed to look like the same shape on the outside.
In fact the exit hallway is back to back with the entrance hallway
...well I cant show the actual plans. I have them but I cant show them
Why are you making assumptions if you have the plans? Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but you post everything as a definitive fact, then often have to refute yourself. If you're speculating, just say so. If you have sources, but the info's vague, write it in a way that conveys that.

SWGalaxysEdge

Why are you making assumptions if you have the plans? Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but you post everything as a definitive fact, then often have to refute yourself. If you're speculating, just say so. If you have sources, but the info's vague, write it in a way that conveys that.

...took me a while to stop assuming (before I saw the plans) - like a lot of people, I assumed the interior must be laid out like the Falcon, once I saw the plans, it was different that what we assumed. I try to balance posting the facts while not giving up my sources.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Six axis motion base like Star Tours but smaller. 4 UHD projectors with a fixed position curved screen outside to give parallax. The screen extends above the cockpit and beyond the side windows (almost back to the edge of the turntable) for added effect of looking through the cockpit windows, unlike Tours where the screen is attached to the cabin.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Six axis motion base like Star Tours but smaller. 4 UHD projectors with a fixed position curved screen outside to give parallax. The screen extends above the cockpit and beyond the side windows (almost back to the edge of the turntable) for added effect of looking through the cockpit windows, unlike Tours where the screen is attached to the cabin.

Martin, do you know if the two mobility pods are also on the motion simulator, or do they remain static?

Epcot_Imagineer

There is nothing I want to see more than a behind the scenes look at the tech of this ride. Turntable, paired with motion base, paired with 4 projectors? Fantastic. The behind the scenes video of DLP's motion base still fascinates me to watch. The jump to hyperspace effect being so simple, yet so effective.

Question: do you know if the motion base is hydraulic or electric? Martin, just give me a sad face reaction if you can't tell me, I won't even make you type out a "No." 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom