Military Discount Questions

littlegoofy1

So my grandfather who is retired military is giving us a trip to Disney and was going to buy the discounted 4 day passes at the base. He is not planning on traveling with us this trip. Will we be able to turn in the vouchers without him there? Has anyone used these in the past and do you know what type of id they require when you present the voucher?

NiarrNDisney

I have used these passes many times and before you use them you have to have them activated at Guest Relations. When you get there (Guest Relations) they will ask you for a military or service i.d. to complete the activation. I'm not positive but they may just ask you for the sponsors ssn, date of birth, address, what base they are or were affiliated with, then they will ask for you and everyone in your parties name, date of birth, and maybe your address.

Upvote 0
So my grandfather who is retired military is giving us a trip to Disney and was going to buy the discounted 4 day passes at the base. He is not planning on traveling with us this trip. Will we be able to turn in the vouchers without him there? Has anyone used these in the past and do you know what type of id they require when you present the voucher?

Hey littlegoofy! Please thank your grandfather for his service!

Unfortunately the sponsor (ID holding member) will need to be present to purchase and validate the tickets. Very simple process. They give you passes made of plastic that have an american flag type of motif with mickey's head, and you go to any ticket desk (we went to the will-call in MK), the sponsor shows his ID (active/reserve/retired), and they ask for all the names and dates of birth of the people in your group. You write it down for them and they write your name on the cards in permanent ink.

Then you enjoy your vacation. I believe the rate for park hopper w/o water parks is about 150 a person. Very nice deal!

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

If I remember correctly, it depends on the ticket type. Last year, Disney was doing a salute to the troops. With that promotion, the active duty member got a FREE 5 day pass with options. The family could purchase 5 day pass for $99 plus extra for the options. The ADmember required to show ID for the free one. Family and friends were not. In the past, I have purchased for family and friends for their trips no problems. Once the tickets are purchased, you're fine.

If your GF wants to make sure, tell him to call his ITT office. They can tell you exactly if ID is required for activation at the park.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

If I remember correctly, it depends on the ticket type. Last year, Disney was doing a salute to the troops. With that promotion, the active duty member got a FREE 5 day pass with options. The family could purchase 5 day pass for $99 plus extra for the options. The ADmember required to show ID for the free one. Family and friends were not. In the past, I have purchased for family and friends for their trips no problems. Once the tickets are purchased, you're fine.

If your GF wants to make sure, tell him to call his ITT office. They can tell you exactly if ID is required for activation at the park.

With last year's salute to the troops, the military member (or spouse, if military was unable to come) had to activate all the tickets, including the five purchased for friends and family, at WDW.

This year, the salute to the troops enables the member to purchase 6 tickets, including one for themselves, there is no free one. This year, like last, they can be purchased at local ITT's or at the parks, but they still must be activated by the member (or spouse) at the parks.

The rules definitely state that the ID is required for activation of all tickets, at the park. Is it possible some people have slipped in without an ID, absolutely. But the rules, and intent of the salute, are very clear.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

With last year's salute to the troops, the military member (or spouse, if military was unable to come) had to activate all the tickets, including the five purchased for friends and family, at WDW.

This year, the salute to the troops enables the member to purchase 6 tickets, including one for themselves, there is no free one. This year, like last, they can be purchased at local ITT's or at the parks, but they still must be activated by the member (or spouse) at the parks.

The rules absolutely state that the ID is required for activation at the park. Is it possible some people have slipped in without an ID, absolutely. But the rules, and intent of the salute, are very clear.

This year is not a salute at all. It's a $2+tax discount from the FL resident rate with the stipulation that it must be purchased at the ITT only. Disney will sell military at the FLR rate.

As I said, call and ask the office yourself rather than trust the word of anyone here. You wouldn't want to get down there and be surprised of find out that you could have done something. Call the ITT and ask.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Here's the paragraph that applies. I'm just trying to keep you from getting down there with tickets you won't be able to use.:)

Walt Disney World Salutes the Men and Women Who Serve...

Walt Disney World® Resort Salutes The U.S. Military with a 4-Day Ticket for Only $99...

Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney's 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World® theme park ticket windows, no later than September 26, 2010, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom