Miley Cryus- Not playing it Safe

sbkline

My Mom died because of her foolish decision not to wear a seatbelt. Mom and Dad had gone out to eat and Dad hit a slick patch on the road when they were only a couple miles from home on the way back. The door apparently flew open and Mom got thrown out of the vehicle. Dad never wears his seatbelt, but just got banged around a bit as the truck flipped over. Apparently, the wreck itself wasn't that serious...just a truck slipping on the ice and turning over once or twice, but nothing life threatening for anyone who had the brains to wear their seatbelt. Dad ran up the road to call for help, so despite some nasty bruises, he was fine. And Mom would be too, if the door hadn't flung open or, more importantly, if she would have had her seatbelt on.

Unfortunately, Dad hasn't learned a darn thing from this tragedy and continues to do his cutesy little trick of pulling the seatbelt over his shoulder to give the appearance of wearing it. And when I try to tell him about the foolishness of not wearing a seatbelt, he always hides behind these rare instances where a person dies because of their seatbelt as a justification for not wearing his. :brick:

All that notwithstanding, however, I think this is another example of someone with too much time on their hands making a mountain out of a molehill. Should Miley have buckled up for this scene in the movie? Sure, she should have. But she didn't, and there are much more horrible scandels out there than this. IMO, it really isn't that big of a deal. And I really doubt that kids are going to notice it enough to follow that example anyway...at least they probably wouldn't have even noticed that minor detail if some loudmouth wouldn't have drawn so much attention to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom