Might be going to Disney!!!

WDW_Emily

So My mom and I have been crunching numbers for the past few months and it looked like we weren't going to be able to go during 2011:(. But today I got a call from my mom saying that the week right before school starts for my sisters might work!!! It would be from August 14th-19th. We have never been in August and the only thing we know is it will be HOT!

Anyways we are a family of 5 and are torn between 3 hotels.

Option 1- Standard room at POR Price: $1,119.40
Option 2- 2 Preferred rooms at POP Price: $1,126
Option 3- All Star Suite Price: $1,102

we are 3 adults and 2 teens so which would be be most comfortable in.

Also would we be missing free dining if we go during those dates?

smk

POP will be out of the question because of the number of people, they will not book a room for 5 adults in one room. So, that leaves the suites and a moderate. The moderate may not book a room for 5 adults (don't know for sure, never stayed there) I think the suites are really your only option and looks like it is the cheapest option as well. Have fun!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

Although I've never stayed there, I would also recommend the suites. POR won't allow 5 teens and adults in one room. If you book soon, you will be able to get free dining. Ends Dec 20. You may have to upgrade from QS to the regular DP since you are staying at a value resort. I'm not sure what category the suites fall into. Congratulations and have fun

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Thats awesome! I love when things like that happen especially when you don't think your going to be able to go! I can't say anything about the rooms, since I have yet to stay at any of the ones your thinking about but I am guessing the suites will be your best option.

As for the crowds, your in the middle of the end push, from my experience August wasn't as bad as July has been but you'll still have those last minute vacation push, but don't let that stop you from having a great time!

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
POP will be out of the question because of the number of people, they will not book a room for 5 adults in one room. So, that leaves the suites and a moderate. The moderate may not book a room for 5 adults (don't know for sure, never stayed there) I think the suites are really your only option and looks like it is the cheapest option as well. Have fun!

we would do 2 connecting rooms at pop so it would split it up with two adults and a child in one room and an adult and child in the other. However last time we requested connecting rooms, we got rooms close to each other but they weren't connecting or next to each other.

We are also leaning towards the suite. We have stayed at all the all stars before and like them(we only sleep in the room)

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Although I've never stayed there, I would also recommend the suites. POR won't allow 5 teens and adults in one room. If you book soon, you will be able to get free dining. Ends Dec 20. You may have to upgrade from QS to the regular DP since you are staying at a value resort. I'm not sure what category the suites fall into. Congratulations and have fun

THANK YOU for the answer on free dining!! We would really like to get it because if we don't, we'll prob. eat at counter service the whole trip.

Thats awesome! I love when things like that happen especially when you don't think your going to be able to go! I can't say anything about the rooms, since I have yet to stay at any of the ones your thinking about but I am guessing the suites will be your best option.

As for the crowds, your in the middle of the end push, from my experience August wasn't as bad as July has been but you'll still have those last minute vacation push, but don't let that stop you from having a great time!

Thats what I've been hearing. July is the worst and August isn't too bad. We have gone during Spring Break before which is sometimes crazy and other years dead.

Thank you for the responses everyone! Keep them coming:)

Upvote 0

Billy6

In terms of sleeping arrangements and privacy, if they matter, I would choose 2 rooms. The suite has one queen(or double?) bed and a pull out couch and a pull out chair. Two rooms would have two proper beds in each. If the 3rd adult wouldn't mind sharing a bed/pull out couch, and someone can squeeze in the pull out chair, then..score!..The suite has the kitchenette however, but as you said, you only sleep in the rooms....

For me the two rooms would be the choice, and if you can get them ajoined, even better...Thats my take..

Have a great time and hope you get free dining!!

Upvote 0

mycatspot

In terms of sleeping arrangements and privacy, if they matter, I would choose 2 rooms. The suite has one queen(or double?) bed and a pull out couch and a pull out chair. Two rooms would have two proper beds in each. If the 3rd adult wouldn't mind sharing a bed/pull out couch, and someone can squeeze in the pull out chair, then..score!..The suite has the kitchenette however, but as you said, you only sleep in the rooms....

For me the two rooms would be the choice, and if you can get them ajoined, even better...Thats my take..

Have a great time and hope you get free dining!!

Ditto! Absolutely agree! Ive stayed in the family suites and unless that third adult will be happy sharing a fold out couch with someone, you will be on top if each other. I would suggest two connecting rooms with four beds!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom