Midwest Express Troubles from Milwaukee

DisneyDellsDude

We just got our paper this morning and from Milwaukee to Orlando, they will only be flying from Oct 21st to April 30th.

With more Florida news, Midwest Express is totally dropping all Fort Myers and Fort Lauderdale flights from Milwaukee.

Edit: Changes start September 8.

Just a head up…
Midwest may not have any flights after September, for Orlando to Milwaukee. So imagine my surprise when I read the paper this morning, as I have a flight for December 20th scheduled. And after talking to the Customer Service Rep…she told me the only options I had were either 1) wait and see if and when they decide to add a flight (which there are none at this time) or 2) cancel my flight and re-book with other airline. I asked her about a lay-over somewhere, and that’s when she said that she doesn’t know if they will be flying into Milwaukee at all. Needless to say I rebooked—but at a cost of $100 more a person.
If you have a flight with Midwest, I would check to see if you still have a flight.
:confused:

Upvote 0

PrincessBitty

We got super lucky with our vacay - we get back to WI from Disney on Sept. 7th! I think it totally stinks that they are eliminating year round service to Orlando. I find it very odd that after eliminating all of the other Florida routes that year round Orlando service would end as well. Hopefully the airline can turn it around - like the JS said in the article today they are returning to the same level of service as after 9/11 when people weren't traveling. I mean the economy has to get better at some point in the next few years. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Yeah, we had to rebook with another airline as Midwest is no longer available at times that work or out of our local airport. So it is all good now but I was stressed for the last two days. :veryconfu

And this after we changed twice already due to their schedule changes and airplane changes (turbos to jets) which cut their flights. :rolleyes:

But, like I said we are okay for now but I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new airline sticks around. :wave:

Upvote 0

CHI-HAWKS 65

We are very disappointed. Our return on the 13th was cancelled and we inquired about changing our return flight to Tampa. Midwest was not interested in performing any customer service, which was concerning, and told us we should just take the full refund. So we took the refund, got the best flights we could from American and are back to flying out of O'Hare.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i feel bad for the people affected.
ive never flown any other airlines except american or united, but heard midwest was great for getting to florida

Upvote 0

Disney_Freak429

For those having trouble with this I would check out Southwest flying out of Midway their prices are usually good. Yes for the WI people you do have to factor in gas but it really ends up being the best option most times.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

For those having trouble with this I would check out Southwest flying out of Midway their prices are usually good. Yes for the WI people you do have to factor in gas but it really ends up being the best option most times.

And with Southwest you can check two bags at no cost, they're seats are comfortable and have good leg room. They also still serve snacks.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Yeah, we had to rebook with another airline as Midwest is no longer available at times that work or out of our local airport. So it is all good now but I was stressed for the last two days. :veryconfu

And this after we changed twice already due to their schedule changes and airplane changes (turbos to jets) which cut their flights. :rolleyes:

But, like I said we are okay for now but I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new airline sticks around. :wave:

My in-laws experienced the same issue. I haven't heard yet where the rebooked, but they asked for a full refund. We were unable to get on Midwest with our party size, so we had opted for a different airline - AirTran. We've had schedule changes, so I'm keeping our fingers crossed as well.

Upvote 0

kstella

I'm so disappointed that Midwest has decided to focus more on their business travel and cut back on leisure travel. We are going to Disney in Feb and I was trying to see about flights on Midwest and couldn't get any info. I guess I'll have to try Northwest or Airtran. I'm only 15 minutes from the Milwaukee airport and would hate to have to start flying out of either Chicago in order to get a good deal, although I love the take-offs and landings at Midway. No fooling around there!:lol: I find in ironic that Midwest just fought off a take-over by Airtran and now Airtran says they're going to add more flights to fill in where Midwest is pulling back.

Upvote 0

BrerKev

Yup, We were flying Midwest from Milwaukee to Orlando for our upcoming trip 09/09/08 through 09/20/08. They gave a us a full refund, but it kinda sucks because we got a great price on the original tickets. Oh well. We rebooked. We wanted to be in Orlando early, so we fly out of Milwaukee at 5:45am! Ugh, I think I will need a nap when we arrive. Sure hope the room is ready!

To all those that kept getting a busy signal at Midwest, they are now allowing refunds to be processed online.

I sure will miss the warm chocolate chip cookies! :cry:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

We had tickets from Kansas City to Orlando on Midwest.

When I tried to check on our flights (this is one time it pays to be obsessive!), I couldn't pull them up.

The customer service rep was VERY nice. I told her I felt really bad for the employees who don't know what is going to happen. I mean, really, someone's livelihood is more important than my vacation. I got a refund which was posted immediately, despite her warnings that it might be the next billing cycle.

Anyway, got booked on AirTran for $100 less.

Needless to say, I'm pleased overall.

Now I'm checking our flights on AirTran every other day.....

Upvote 0
I was checking prices out of Milwaukee for August 2009 and what did I come across?? A flight on Midwest Airlines. I thought this must be wrong so I called Midwest. I was informed flights between Milwaukee and Orlando are going to be resumed for this summer. She said it starts in May and continues until the beginning of September. I am excited!!!! I never did understand why they stopped summer service to Orlando.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom