Mickeyville - A new land in Disneyland Paris

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, sadly, Roger Rabbit will not be part of Mickeyville.

Speaking of...

Having seen the scale model of the new Toontown, I've decided that just as Tokyo's Toontown was based on California's Toontown, so, too, will Paris' Mickeyville, but only in part. It will mostly just be everything in the residential area, including Mickey and Minnie's homes, Donald and Goofy's residences, and the roller coaster (I'm thinking of my idea for the backyard coaster themed to Donald and his nephews, rather than Chip 'n' Dale).

Nearby, the Town Square area will be included as well, which will be home to Le Train Fou de Mickey et Minnie (Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway). Instead of El Capitoon, however, the ride will be housed in something more Parisian, as a nod to Disney history. In 1935, as part of a huge tour of Europe by Walt, Roy and their wives, Walt happened upon a cinema that showed almost nothing but Mickey Mouse and Silly Symphony cartoons. It was called "L'Heure Joyeuse de Mickey":
aff_1210.jpg

The popularity of his cartoons, especially in a feature-length compilation like this, appeared to reinforce Walt's belief that people would love a full-length animated feature, too.

What do you think?
Ah, nuts. No Roger Rabbit? Well, I guess we need a Goofy thrill dark ride based on A Goofy Movie where Goofy forces his son, Max before he can go on a date with his girlfriend, Roxanne to see the concert as Goofy and Max traveling around USA for various locations inspired by A Goofy Movie.

mharrington

Original Poster
Ah, nuts. No Roger Rabbit? Well, I guess we need a Goofy thrill dark ride based on A Goofy Movie where Goofy forces his son, Max before he can go on a date with his girlfriend, Roxanne to see the concert as Goofy and Max traveling around USA for various locations inspired by A Goofy Movie.

Sorry, but there's no room for that either.

Twilight_Roxas

The name of the theater while resembling the Lord Bryon Cinema could be a reference to “L'Heure Joyeuse de Mickey” saying that they’re premiering a new Mickey Mouse cartoon while the attraction name is underneath the theater name.

mharrington

Original Poster
The name of the theater while resembling the Lord Bryon Cinema could be a reference to “L'Heure Joyeuse de Mickey” saying that they’re premiering a new Mickey Mouse cartoon while the attraction name is underneath the theater name.

That was the intention, but when I saw what the theater itself looked like, I was disappointed. I was expecting something less plain.

MickeyMouse10

5496766520_139d1156b0_b.jpg
9fbbf22ffbc22ecdc945825eab651e4d.jpg

You could always just go with the best exterior in France. This way it is an iconic structure like the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
5496766520_139d1156b0_b.jpg
9fbbf22ffbc22ecdc945825eab651e4d.jpg

You could always just go with the best exterior in France. This way it is an iconic structure like the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood Studios.
Maybe, but I wanted the ride to be set in a smaller version of Toontown (hence, Mickeyville), which would feature Mickey and friends' houses and the town square area (City Hall and all), where the ride is located. The only part that would not be replicated is the downtown area where the Roger Rabbit ride is. In a way, it would be similar to how Disneyland's Toontown was replicated at Tokyo Disneyland.

Twilight_Roxas

Well you could put a backdrop to resemble the area along with the toon version of the Lord Bryon Cinema to fit the size building of the attraction, and queue, and pre show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom