Mickeyville - A new land in Disneyland Paris

mharrington

Original Poster
I probably should have waited until we got more details on Disneyland's Toontown overhaul, but...

I'm not sure if it's a thing right now, but there was a rumor for a while of the addition of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway to Disneyland Paris somehow, somewhere. There also was a rumor briefly of the addition of an actual Toontown, or at least a smaller version, to Disneyland Paris as well, likely in a space between Small World and Star Tours.

One of my ideas I've had for a while was the addition of a Toontown-like area to Disneyland Paris, up to and including Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Obviously that would not happen anymore, but I still kept thinking of doing a second copy of Toontown after Tokyo. Now, with the updates coming to Disneyland's version that will surely differentiate it from Tokyo's (the latter not having Runaway Railway, first and most obvious), I thought of doing it again, but somewhat differently, with no Roger Rabbit, but with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

I'm not sure how big the space is (probably not very big), but I was thinking of doing it something like this map for an early version of Hong Kong Disneyland (the area marked in purple):
fetch

The name of the land would not be Toontown or even Mickey's Toontown, but rather "Mickeyville". The reason for that is that the French dub of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" renames "Toontown" to "Toonville". Plus, it's the French name of Mickey's hometown in the comics, Mickeyville (Mouseton to you). Finally, it could also refer to Disneyville, the French name of the Disneytown level in "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep".

What do you think thus far?

Twilight_Roxas

With the French dub of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Mickey’s voice actor in the 2013 Mickey Mouse cartoons/The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse could speak French like in the croissant episode, and Minnie’s French dub voice actress could reprise her role as Minnie. Same with the French voices of Goofy, Donald, Pete, and Daisy.

MickeyMouse10

I think it would actually fit in their other park (WD Studios) as well. The left side of Production Courtyard doesn't have anything major, so it's a ghosttown most of the day.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I probably should have waited until we got more details on Disneyland's Toontown overhaul, but...

I'm not sure if it's a thing right now, but there was a rumor for a while of the addition of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway to Disneyland Paris somehow, somewhere. There also was a rumor briefly of the addition of an actual Toontown, or at least a smaller version, to Disneyland Paris as well, likely in a space between Small World and Star Tours.

One of my ideas I've had for a while was the addition of a Toontown-like area to Disneyland Paris, up to and including Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Obviously that would not happen anymore, but I still kept thinking of doing a second copy of Toontown after Tokyo. Now, with the updates coming to Disneyland's version that will surely differentiate it from Tokyo's (the latter not having Runaway Railway, first and most obvious), I thought of doing it again, but somewhat differently, with no Roger Rabbit, but with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

I'm not sure how big the space is (probably not very big), but I was thinking of doing it something like this map for an early version of Hong Kong Disneyland (the area marked in purple):
fetch

The name of the land would not be Toontown or even Mickey's Toontown, but rather "Mickeyville". The reason for that is that the French dub of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" renames "Toontown" to "Toonville". Plus, it's the French name of Mickey's hometown in the comics, Mickeyville (Mouseton to you). Finally, it could also refer to Disneyville, the French name of the Disneytown level in "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep".

What do you think thus far?
I guess. But Walt Disney Studios Park will have their own Roger Rabbit land called Roger Rabbit's Hollywood with attractions, entertainment, and restaurants. Roger Rabbit's Hollywood is supposed to open at Disney-MGM Studios in mid 1990s but it got cancelled due to Disney and Amblin's issues.

mharrington

Original Poster
I think it would actually fit in their other park (WD Studios) as well. The left side of Production Courtyard doesn't have anything major, so it's a ghosttown most of the day.
Well, don't forget, Disney Studios Paris is in the process of some additions to the park. As we speak, they're doing their own version of Avengers Campus, as well as a Frozen land elsewhere in the park. I'm not sure if it's still on the table now, but I thought a version of Galaxy's Edge was supposed to happen as well.

Besides, Disneyland Paris deserves something significant. What's more, Toontown is found at castle parks in other resorts, so why not here, too? Or was that just because California and Japan had only one park to choose from in those days?

MickeyMouse10

But it is happening, though, right? I thought it was at the very least on hold, if not canceled.

Yep, there still going through with it. But even with the new additions DLP is still the far superior park of the two. So it wouldn't be a terrible choice to put Star Wars, Marvel... and Mickeyville.

Currently, their Studios park is similar to the one in Florida before Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land. A half day park with dead ends and little to do.

mharrington

Original Poster
Yep, there still going through with it. But even with the new additions DLP is still the far superior park of the two. So it wouldn't be a terrible choice to put Star Wars, Marvel... and Mickeyville.

Currently, their Studios park is similar to the one in Florida before Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land. A half day park with dead ends and little to do.

But it's also getting a Frozen section, too, I believe.

Is the only reason that Toontown is in castle parks elsewhere is because there was only one park to choose from in those days?

MickeyMouse10

But it's also getting a Frozen section, too, I believe.

Is the only reason that Toontown is in castle parks elsewhere is because there was only one park to choose from in those days?

It's all good. I'm Alright with Disneyland Paris getting it instead. I've got some ideas for possible attractions for the land.

MickeyMouse10

Anyways... let's talk attractions. I'm thinking a “Runaway Railway” style ride is a must for the land because Roger Rabbit is... passé. It would be better to go with something that is more relevant and that will remain relevant. What I'm thinking is...

1. It All Started with a Mouse

The major E-ticket for the land would be similar to Runaway Railway. But have a different storyline than it's predecessor. It would showcase Mickey and Minnie from their humble beginnings in 1928 (Steamboat Willie) to more modern times (New Shorts). Emphasizing the different interpretations of the characters during their existence. And most important of all it would start with the man behind the mouse. A narration would play of Walt talking about Mickey and saying his famous line, and the title of the attraction. After that you are then whisked away into the world of his creation.

2. Captain Donald: Gone a Fowl

A dark ride similar to Winnie the Pooh, but you board a boat looking vehicle and venture over cartoon water. While Daisy waits at home best buds Donald Duck and Goofy go on a fishing trip, hoping to bring home dinner. Along the way however they meet many obstacles including almost being eaten by a large whale.

3. The Great Nut Hunt starring Chip and Dale

A family coaster that is similar to Seven Dwarf's Mine Train in setup and style. Except the setting for the attraction is a forest instead of an old mine and mountain range. Chip and Dale are on a mission to find as many nuts as possible for the winter. The only think that may get in their way and thwart them is Ranger Pluto, whose been entrusted by Mickey to watch over the area.

Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

It would be nice to have a land like the old Mickey's Toontown Fair in Magic Kingdom. That showcases the Sensational Six (Mickey and the gang), with attractions and walkups for the iconic characters. But of course it would have to be a better version of the old Mickey's Toontown Fair. Since that one.... sucked.

Frankenstein79

They are making a pond/lake in the back of Walt Disney Studios. Which is kinda similar to the World Showcases layout on a smaller scale. It would be interesting if instead of Countries they had different lands like Star Wars, Frozen and Toontown.

mharrington

Original Poster
It would be nice to have a land like the old Mickey's Toontown Fair in Magic Kingdom. That showcases the Sensational Six (Mickey and the gang), with attractions and walkups for the iconic characters. But of course it would have to be a better version of the old Mickey's Toontown Fair. Since that one.... sucked.
Unfortunately, there's no room for it anymore. Not at the Magic Kingdom anyway.

Goofy Ninja

Unfortunately, there's no room for it anymore. Not at the Magic Kingdom anyway.

Oh yeah, I know that. It would have to really be put in the back of the park, probably behind Fantasyland. But that's not ever going to happen.

I was referring to one of the Paris parks. They've got plenty of options for possible locations.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Oh yeah, I know that. It would have to really be put in the back of the park, probably behind Fantasyland. But that's not ever going to happen.

I was referring to one of the Paris parks. They've got plenty of options for possible locations.
Oh yeah? You can check my Toontown / Maroon Studios idea for Walt Disney Studios Park to opened in 2005 as Toon Studio Phase 2:

itsy bitsy spider

Oh yeah? You can check my Toontown / Maroon Studios idea for Walt Disney Studios Park to opened in 2005 as Toon Studio Phase 2:

Can you please stop bringing up Roger Rabbit?

mharrington

Original Poster
Can you please stop bringing up Roger Rabbit?
Yes, sadly, Roger Rabbit will not be part of Mickeyville.

Speaking of...

Having seen the scale model of the new Toontown, I've decided that just as Tokyo's Toontown was based on California's Toontown, so, too, will Paris' Mickeyville, but only in part. It will mostly just be everything in the residential area, including Mickey and Minnie's homes, Donald and Goofy's residences, and the roller coaster (I'm thinking of my idea for the backyard coaster themed to Donald and his nephews, rather than Chip 'n' Dale).

Nearby, the Town Square area will be included as well, which will be home to Le Train Fou de Mickey et Minnie (Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway). Instead of El Capitoon, however, the ride will be housed in something more Parisian, as a nod to Disney history. In 1935, as part of a huge tour of Europe by Walt, Roy and their wives, Walt happened upon a cinema that showed almost nothing but Mickey Mouse and Silly Symphony cartoons. It was called "L'Heure Joyeuse de Mickey":
aff_1210.jpg

The popularity of his cartoons, especially in a feature-length compilation like this, appeared to reinforce Walt's belief that people would love a full-length animated feature, too.

What do you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom