News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2023

Chip Chipperson

Got my tickets this morning. I was surprised to see the DVC and AP discounts available for December dates. In my experience in previous years, those discounts didn't survive past November.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I did not realize that the Halloween party was $50/person cheaper than the Christmas party. I guess that has to do with the fact that there are fewer MVMCP dates than MNSSHP.

I do hope attendance stays reduced this year at the $159 price point - it’s more than the EPCOt After Hours tickets.

TheMaxRebo

I did not realize that the Halloween party was $50/person cheaper than the Christmas party. I guess that has to do with the fact that there are fewer MVMCP dates than MNSSHP.

I do hope attendance stays reduced this year at the $159 price point - it’s more than the EPCOt After Hours tickets.

It depends on the dates - the most expensive Halloween party is the same as the most expensive Christmas party (both $199)

But the Halloween party stretches and ver more time and the earlier dates are cheaper than any of the Christmas Party dates (which I am taking advantage of as the night we are doing the Halloween party is one of the "cheapest" nights)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It amazes me they charge so much for this after what it used to cost and many still sell out. Are people that excited about holiday differences (parade/fireworks) or lower crowds in the park?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It amazes me they charge so much for this after what it used to cost and many still sell out. Are people that excited about holiday differences (parade/fireworks) or lower crowds in the park?

I’m a sucker for Disney at Christmas. While I find the party overpriced the joy my kids get out of it makes it worth it to me. The Halloween party is give or take to me but if we are there at Christmas time that party is a non-negotiable for me.

SSH

Are people that excited about holiday differences (parade/fireworks) or lower crowds in the park?
Speaking just for myself, I only do a party now - maybe once every few years. I no longer visit the parks with regular tics or passes. The big attraction? It's the only way to do WDW "old school" anymore. No reservations, no genie/ILL nonsense, no requirement to book a deluxe for a few evening EMH (which were always my favorite EMH).

Prices are insane everywhere: concerts in my area seems to run hundreds or even thousands of dollars - for bands that aren't even "legends" - for a 2 hour show (where the headliner is maybe on for 60-90 min tops and has 1-2 opening acts).

$200 may be overpriced, but it doesn't seem that horrible for 8 hours of entertainment in gorgeous holiday surroundings, compared to what I'm seeing entertainment costing in my neck of the woods.

JMcMahonEsq

Speaking just for myself, I only do a party now - maybe once every few years. I no longer visit the parks with regular tics or passes. The big attraction? It's the only way to do WDW "old school" anymore. No reservations, no genie/ILL nonsense, no requirement to book a deluxe for a few evening EMH (which were always my favorite EMH).

Prices are insane everywhere: concerts in my area seems to run hundreds or even thousands of dollars - for bands that aren't even "legends" - for a 2 hour show (where the headliner is maybe on for 60-90 min tops and has 1-2 opening acts).

$200 may be overpriced, but it doesn't seem that horrible for 8 hours of entertainment in gorgeous holiday surroundings, compared to what I'm seeing entertainment costing in my neck of the woods.
I never understood the way some people complain about these special event tickets. I mean almost any good MLB/NFL/NBA team ticket per game is going to cost your well over what they charge for these 8 hour events. I am not a big music concert fan but the prices for those are commensurately high. 2-3 hour Broadway tickets are going to be well over any after hours party ticket event.

Comped

The merch looks okay, nothing special.

But man, I hate spirit jerseys. Hate. And I know I'm in the minority because they are always prominently featured in any new merchandise release. 😄
Not alone though - I dislike them as well. As a local I'd maybe be able to use them for 2-4 weeks a year when the weather gets appropriately cold, which is never a guarantee...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom