News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2023

EricsBiscuit

I’m shocked all these nights are selling out yet they barely do anything to update the event. Most notably, the parade has been the same forever. Even DLP, which makes a fraction of what MK makes, somehow gets a new parade and MK doesn’t? Crazy. I understand that if they’re selling out they’re happy. But who is buying these tickets over and over again at higher prices with little or no new content each year?

Squishy

I’m shocked all these nights are selling out yet they barely do anything to update the event. Most notably, the parade has been the same forever. Even DLP, which makes a fraction of what MK makes, somehow gets a new parade and MK doesn’t? Crazy. I understand that if they’re selling out they’re happy. But who is buying these tickets over and over again at higher prices with little or no new content each year?
Its should be written on a wall somewhere by now that they're not allowed to touch Boo To You, WDW & DL's Christmas parade because modern Disney won't be able to beat it with only 5 floats.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Quoth the Iger, "Dumb Tourists."

ABQ

....Most notably, the parade has been the same forever....
Not really, they have cheaped out and removed equity, I assume, paid performers from the parade. So, another case of getting less for more...

Most notable removal is fully half the toy soldiers, removing all those who played instruments:

2023, 16 total soldiers:

2019, 32 total soldiers:

jrhwdw

Not really, they have cheaped out and removed equity, I assume, paid performers from the parade. So, another case of getting less for more...

Most notable removal is fully half the toy soldiers, removing all those who played instruments:

2023, 16 total soldiers:

2019, 32 total soldiers:

We talked about the Missing Toy Solder Band after the first night. IDK why MK dropped the ball but they really need to stop doing that.....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We talked about the Missing Toy Solder Band after the first night. IDK why MK dropped the ball but they really need to stop doing that.....
The did indeed put out a Help Wanted for trumpeters.

Maybe they didn't get enough applicants?

gerarar

Premium Member
The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~32 mins for tonight's party.

For comparison to the previous 6pm drops during the recent parties on Tuesday (11/21) and Wednesday (11/22):
scatter_plot-12.png

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
The did indeed put out a Help Wanted for trumpeters.

Maybe they didn't get enough applicants?
Unlike most other musician positions, the trumpeters are non-union - they are local college musicians and have been for a while. Probably a cost-saving move as well (not meant to be an attack on their ability!) Crazy because they used to have five full bands in the parade.

jrhwdw

Unlike most other musician positions, the trumpeters are non-union - they are local college musicians and have been for a while. Probably a cost-saving move as well (not meant to be an attack on their ability!) Crazy because they used to have five full bands in the parade.
Looks like MK found some for ABC...... IDK why I didn't notice it the day of but, starting at the 2 Hour mark of this Stream form Taping day 2023:

There's at least Toy Solder Trumpeters on the Castle Stage! Why they weren't in MOUACT a Hour before, who the heck knows!

gerarar

Premium Member
The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~1 hour 39 mins for tonight's party.

For comparison to the previous 6pm drops during the recent parties on Wednesday (11/22) and Sunday (11/26):
scatter_plot-19.png

Comped

UCF can easily fill that, and that's without Valencia, other colleges, or local high schools... No chance it was because of a lack of people!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom