Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017

bluetiedye

A lot of sell-outs this year. A big part of the appeal to me is lighter crowds. Has anyone been on a sold-out night before? Does it feel very crowded?

SpoiledBlueMilk

I'm going on Friday. I'd be interested in hearing whether the crowds at sold out nights are much heavier than they otherwise are. Not sure if the other two nights I attended were sold out or not...

IanDLBZF

A lot of sell-outs this year. A big part of the appeal to me is lighter crowds. Has anyone been on a sold-out night before? Does it feel very crowded?
MNSSHP sold out on four nights this year (9/24, 9/26, 10/15, and 10/31).
I went to MVMCP on 12/16/2016, which was sold out, but for the record it didn't feel too crowded, outside of Main St USA. Wait times for attractions are less and some were walk ons as well! Seems like MVMCP must be more popular than MNSSHP.

BillCash42588

I'm looking for an extra ticket for MVMCP on December 1st. The event is sold out and thus far my wife and I would have to decide who is going to join our daughter at the event.

Can anyone help lead me in the right direction to find a spare ticket?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
And tonight's party is sold out as well!

We went Sunday. I felt it was packed. Went in 2015 the same Sunday after Thanksgiving and it wasn’t a sellout and was very pleasant. When rides have the same wait time as they did in the day (for example 40+ minutes for BTMRR), a lot of value was lost for my wife and I. We had a few treats (the new variety was nice), rode literally three rides (buzz and haunted mansion, and pirates) then watched the parade from its beginning in Frontierland, then left and went back to our room at the Poly to watch the fireworks.

It was too busy and too crowded and the value wasn’t there for me this year as it has been in the past. The best part was watching the fireworks and being able to take in the artistry of the entire show without the crowd from the Poly. I don’t know if we will go to the Christmas party again.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It was too busy and too crowded and the value wasn’t there for me this year as it has been in the past. ... I don’t know if we will go to the Christmas party again.
Back in the 90's, we went multiple years. Of course, back then there were buttons, pictures, and considerably fewer people allowed to buy tickets at roughly $25 per person. In the mid-2000's, with prices almost doubled to $46 per person, we noticed the adverse trends (more people, reduced value) and decided then it just wasn't worth it -- for us.

I can't imagine someone getting $95 dollars worth today.

Thanks for the report -- confirms our assessment...

ToTBellHop

Back in the 90's, we went multiple years. Of course, back then there were buttons, pictures, and considerably fewer people allowed to buy tickets at roughly $25 per person. In the mid-2000's, with prices almost doubled to $46 per person, we noticed the adverse trends (more people, reduced value) and decided then it just wasn't worth it -- for us.

I can't imagine someone getting $95 dollars worth today.

Thanks for the report -- confirms our assessment...
You have to REALLY want to see Holiday Wishes and the parade. For us, our boys are four, in preschool, so this is likely the only year we will take them to WDW in December. So while it’s pricey, we will do MVMCP, Candlelight Processional Dining, Minnie’s Holiday Dine.

If I had done MVMCP in the past and already seen the entertainment, it’s be a hard sell. From what I know, I anticipate we will be more eager to do MNSSHP again in the future (did it last year) than Christmas. The neutered Peace on Earth finale at Epcot doesn’t help. At least MNSSHP is truly exclusive. And my kids thought trick-or-treating in MK was the epitome of “magic.”

21stamps

We went Sunday. I felt it was packed. Went in 2015 the same Sunday after Thanksgiving and it wasn’t a sellout and was very pleasant. When rides have the same wait time as they did in the day (for example 40+ minutes for BTMRR), a lot of value was lost for my wife and I. We had a few treats (the new variety was nice), rode literally three rides (buzz and haunted mansion, and pirates) then watched the parade from its beginning in Frontierland, then left and went back to our room at the Poly to watch the fireworks.

It was too busy and too crowded and the value wasn’t there for me this year as it has been in the past. The best part was watching the fireworks and being able to take in the artistry of the entire show without the crowd from the Poly. I don’t know if we will go to the Christmas party again.

I was there on that same Sunday in 2016. It was packed then as well, but I expected it to be. We still had a lot of fun.. spent the majority of the evening playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

This year (the Friday before Thanksgiving) felt less crowded to me, but maybe that’s because we didn’t even attempt those rides for most of the night due to last year’s experience.
This year we went on BTMRR during Wishes, so only a 20 minute wait. We also went on 7DMT- 40 minute wait, but did not get in line until 11:50pm.

The shows are adorable, the special Sorcerers card is nice, the snacks were good.. the parade is fantastic.. so for us the experience was still “worth it”.

The Empress Lilly

I went on a sold out night last week. Crowds were doable.

I was forced to give in to the extortion. The MK crowds on the three measly days a week left that you can enjoy the MK without a $100 per person upcharge on your $115 ticket were unbearable, even the first week of December.

What a racket.

Last edited:

21stamps

I went on a sold out night last week. Crowds were doable.

I was forced to give in to the extortion. The MK crowds on the three measly days a week left that you can enjoy the MK without a $100 per person upcharge on your $115 ticket were unbearable, even the first week of December.

What a racket.

Did you enjoy it?

The Empress Lilly

Did you enjoy it?
I did!

Doable crowds, great characters out and about. All seven dwarfs together! They had a massive line, partly owing to their taking their time with a (what I think is the DSM V term) Down Syndrome young girl. Which can easily be a bit saccharine but was absolutely precious to watch.

Didn't care much for the cookies and sweets, although I'm a terrible cheapskate so I sought them out regardless. I wish I would've sought out a few more magic shot photographers, I had one taken, and it was fun to find out what was going on. The one with the coloured stick next to Mermaid doing fun stuff I won't spoil. I regret seeking out most of the Tomorrowland entertainment, which was of mixed quality, shall we say.

The parade was terrific, albeit very long - although I would not hold that against anybody!

Highlight of the evening for me was the Holiday Wishes. I recognise the high production value of HEA, but to me the magic is simply not there. In Wishes it is. So I was ecstatic to see a fireworks show in the MK once again.

But you know, I was in DLP last month and the Christmas stuff was of similar quality and quantity, but included in general admission. They didn't close the park late afternoon for four nights a week either. Food for thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom