Mickey's PhilharMagic closing for short refurbishment in September

DVC91

12 day refurb sounds like they're getting some cleaning done. The last couple times I was in there (November 2013, May 2013) I noticed the projector was a little dirty and all of the grates covering the water and air spouts looked filthy. I doubt 12 days will result in anything major like a new film or an addition to it

Tinkerbella16

Now they are reporting that it will be closed until 9/27, so 3 weeks total. I am curious to see what they are doing whether it be just maintenence or the something to the film.

Goofyernmost

Just a quick heads up...

Mickey's PhilharMagic will be closed September 8-19th 2014.

Plan your disappointment accordingly.

12 days huh...

*insert sarcastic TDO remark here*

In all seriousness, this is a much needed refurb, although I don't know how much is going to be accomplished in 12 days. I hope they repaint and clean the queue.
Here's an inside peak at the refurb agenda.

First 10 days.... Vacuum
One day.... Searching for the keys to the projection room (not entered since 2006 and put under the door mat, but not necessarily near the projection room)
Last day... Gain entry to the projection room and focus the lens on the projector. (It's about time)

Magenta Panther

Now they are reporting that it will be closed until 9/27, so 3 weeks total. I am curious to see what they are doing whether it be just maintenence or the something to the film.

Exciting and hopeful news. Is there any chance that the film itself has finally been upgraded and the 3D effects fixed (especially the focus)?

sWANNISAX

When I was there in June there was no longer curtains next to the screen at beginning or ending. Really hurt the effect. Was this fixed already?
I would imagine cosmetic upgrades but I would also like to see tangled and frozen added. if anything needs to be cut it should be the Lion King segment because stylistically it doesn't fit with the rest of the film.

Mike S

When I was there in June there was no longer curtains next to the screen at beginning or ending. Really hurt the effect. Was this fixed already?
I would imagine cosmetic upgrades but I would also like to see tangled and frozen added. if anything needs to be cut it should be the Lion King segment because stylistically it doesn't fit with the rest of the film.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

xstech25

Are you kidding? This is WDW we're talking about here, I don't think they even know the concept of "lengthy refurbs" anymore, let alone what they entail. That's why I've decided to take my business elsewhere. See previous post;)
They've done some pretty lengthy refurbs to Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain the past few years. Also Tough to Be a Bug is currently on a 3 1/2 month refurb. Also i'd consider the Test Track one a couple years ago pretty lengthy considering they redid basically the whole ride as well as Star Tours before that.

I agree with everyone else though Phillarmagic's film looks like crap and could definitely use a digital switchover.

doctornick

They've done some pretty lengthy refurbs to Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain the past few years. Also Tough to Be a Bug is currently on a 3 1/2 month refurb. Also i'd consider the Test Track one a couple years ago pretty lengthy considering they redid basically the whole ride as well as Star Tours before that.

I agree with everyone else though Phillarmagic's film looks like crap and could definitely use a digital switchover.

Also Astro Orbitor is going on right now....

I've said before that there's been a noticeable uptick in refurbs since George K took over.

RSoxNo1

The calendar on PhilharMagic's official page is showing times during the scheduled refurb. I really hate how bad their site is with showing refurb info.

TyrantBoss

What's to say they haven't made a different film, or modified version of the film to include a part from Frozen.
And they are doing general maintenance, but adding the ability for it to snow in the actual theater during the "Let it Go" portion of the new film. I would like to see that.

However, I would also like them to add a "Friend Like Me" Aladdin Genie number especially after the death of Robin Williams. Imagine how great that would be in 3D.

Here's what I wish they would do. Like Star Tours...have two or three different films that play and when you go in you don't know which one you're going to get. And each film has a few similar and a few different songs.
That would be awesome.

Mike S

What's to say they haven't made a different film, or modified version of the film to include a part from Frozen.
And they are doing general maintenance, but adding the ability for it to snow in the actual theater during the "Let it Go" portion of the new film. I would like to see that.

However, I would also like them to add a "Friend Like Me" Aladdin Genie number especially after the death of Robin Williams. Imagine how great that would be in 3D.

Here's what I wish they would do. Like Star Tours...have two or three different films that play and when you go in you don't know which one you're going to get. And each film has a few similar and a few different songs.
That would be awesome.
Villain songs. That is all.

Dads 2 Boys

This does suck. We're going to be there from the 20th-27th and it's my favorite attraction. :-( When I saw the original refurb timeframe, I had a gut feeling it was going to be delayed into our trip but oh well. I'm lucky as this is the first time that I've gone when a refurb to an attraction I really like has happened so I've been fortunate.

AngryEyes

We arrive on the 7th. I'm just glad I get one day with this version in whatever condition before any potential changes. It's always been one of my favorite attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom