Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Yes or No?

Missy_May

We are going to be at WDW at the end of September. I have three daughters aged 6, 4 and 2. I have two questions. Do you think the Halloween party is worth the extra admission? And even though it's "not so scary" will it scare my little ones?

Thanks!

copcarguyp71

IMO none of the events that make you pay more to come back into the parks after paying full admission to get in already are worth it. People say you get extra experiences and free candy,cookies,hot chocolate but if I paid to get into the parks in the first place then why should I have to leave early or have to pay extra to stay? There are plenty of folks though that love these events so perhaps it is worth it at some level but with the cost of the vacations as it is I will not pay extra to attend.

Upvote 0

luv

It's not so very scary...It's really not so scary...

I have seen a few small children get a little scared...but not many (and not very.)

In order to see and do most of it, you'll have to keep those kids up so damn late. I don't think it would work out well. I wouldn't do it. But ten thousand people will now say that their kids were up until midnight and just fine, so...maybe yours would be, too. :)

Upvote 0

Mickey2minnie1

I looove the parties. Lower crowds and fun. However, with the ages of your children, I would tuck them in and have them ready for the following day. A day off schedule can be brutal the next day. Now if there is someone to stay with the youngest two, then I would take the oldest.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I would wait until the youngest one is at least 6. It IS worth going to at least once. We went for the first time last September and had a great time. It was hot and crowded, with long lines for characters.

Upvote 0

smk

Nothing scary at all except the headless horseman that starts the parade, just avoid the start, distract them for a momment becasue the rest of the parade is fantastic. The fireworks are the best, characters are everywhere. We go but don't go to a park on the day of the party, we just enter at 4 PM with our party ticket. Make a lazy day around the resort, nap if they can, then dress 'em up and head out. It is not to be missed event for us! Choose a Tuesday event, less crowed, and make their custumes light than you can layer if it should be cold. Friday events are much more crowded! If you go in September, esp. early in the month, the crowds are not as bad.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We went to the Halloween party for the first time last year and we had a great time. We didn't use it as a time to do any attractions but rather we met all the characters in their Halloween costumes, do some trick or treating, watch the parade (which was AWESOME!) and watch the fireworks (they were just ok, IMHO) We didn't get to check out the Villians Mix-N-Mingle but I hear that is pretty good too. I didn't see a lot of things that would scare little ones except maybe around the Haunted Mansion. That was a little eerie. Everything else was just fun :)

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

We are going to be at WDW at the end of September. I have three daughters aged 6, 4 and 2. I have two questions. Do you think the Halloween party is worth the extra admission? And even though it's "not so scary" will it scare my little ones?

Thanks!
We love the party, however, the grave digger and ghost/zombie dancers were terrifying to the kids around us.
They are very real looking.
One child actually ran away and his parents had to go get him. He was around seven or eight. The rest of the parade is mild.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We went for the first time this past Sept. IMHO it really isn't worth the extra money. Long lines for special things like meet & greets & candy. The Halloween parade & fireworks were the best part. We did it once but, don't think we'll do it again! Also, our DD was a month shy of 3 & nothing scared her. It was also a really LATE night. We had a late start the next day because of it.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

We love it! We go for the low crowds, parade and fireworks. We don't do characters or trick or treating. It's really fun to see the creativity of some group costumes. Although grown women should rethink the mini princess dress costumes with stilletos .:( Definately questionable in the taste department.
We are not rope drop people so late nights and late mornings are OK with us.

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

YES! The lines for candy and special m&g are long but they go FAST! And we were there on a sold out night. Go trick or treating closer to midnight. They give you a TON of candy and lines get shorter as the night goes on. The fireworks are good, but 4 of July is better...and IMO so is Wishes minus the perimeter fireworks. We skipped the parade but I LOVED the villain show. You can get there at 4pm to ride rides that close like Jungle Cruise, but the party doesn't start until 7pm. Read everything you can before you go! Amd tickets in advance are cheaper and on certain nights they are more expensive. It is very not-so-scary except for the dressed up CMs at HM, they freaked me out!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I would wait until the youngest one is at least 6. It IS worth going to at least once. We went for the first time last September and had a great time. It was hot and crowded, with long lines for characters.

I dont believe you need to wait until the youngest is 6. We took my son at 2 and he loved it. It was a blast just watching him trick or treat and he loved seeing the characters all dressed up. The parade had him fascinated, i had him on my shoulders the whole time and he was in awe.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

We loved this party. Definitely one of our favorite memories ever at Disney. We went to it in September 2010 and will be back this September to go to it again. Both times we've gone to the Tuesday party and the crowds have been wonderful. It is just such a fun experience to meet/see characters that you just don't normally get a chance to. And, the PARADE IS AMAZING! Truthfully, I'm not a huge "parade person", but even I thought this parade was really cool. My daughter, who was nearly 5 at the time, loved it. It was definitely not too scary for her.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

We went to our first MNSSHP this past October and LOVED it!! We went on Oct 30th and the crowds weren't so bad. We got to the park around 7 and went straight to meet the 7 dwarfs. The line was long, but it moved very quickly. I wanted to get the special hitch hiking ghost picture by the Haunted Mansion, and we loved seeing the CM dressed up and the special lighting they had over there. The parade was amazing and I was in awe at the fireworks. It was a very long day for us (just me and the boyfriend) we were in MK from 8 that morning until midnight, only taking a break for dinner at the Contemporary. We were up bright and early the next morning (granted it's completely different with kids). I can't wait to go to the MVMCP next.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

In my opinion the party is totally worth it! Honestly the parade and hallowishes are two of my favorites so that alone is worth the cost for me. The first time we attended the party was when my DS was in second grade. He had so much fun trick or teating and seeing the characters dressed up for Halloween. Now that he's in middle school and plays football its hard for us to get there to attend the party. I am hoping in the next few years we'll be back,

Upvote 0

JTT

Yes, the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is awesome and should not be an issue for the kids.

It's really great if you are into getting pictures with the characters. There are several characters that only come out during the Halloween Party.

However, the closer you get to Halloween the more crowded the Halloween Party will be.

Upvote 0

jrogue

I adore the Halloween party! If your kids love meeting characters, there are a lot that aren't normally out on a daily basis that are available to take pictures with. If you do end up going, I'd recommend dressing your kids in costumes as well since that's half the fun of it!

Some parts in the show might get a little scary, but it's always immediately followed with something adorable. There's never anything there that would terrify your kids -- they really do try and make it not-so-scary.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I don't think it's scary at all, and I do think it is worth attending at least once. However, your kids are very young and it might be worth waiting until they are a tad older. That said, if you do decide to attend, my recommendation is that you NOT buy a regular park ticket for that day, sleep in a bit and spend the day relaxing at the resort. Then arrive at the MK at 4pm with your MNSSHP tickets which say 7pm on them but will allow you entry to the park at 4pm. The party doesn't officially start until 7pm, but you can get 3 hours of park time in beforehand in case your kids can't stay up til 12am to make the party ticket price worthwhile. Go to the early parade, do some trick or treating, see the Hallowishes fireworks, and leave around 10pm. If they (and you) don't want to wear your costumes at 4pm, you can bring them along, leave them in lockers, and change for the party around 6:45pm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom