Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Yes or No?

Missy_May

We are going to be at WDW at the end of September. I have three daughters aged 6, 4 and 2. I have two questions. Do you think the Halloween party is worth the extra admission? And even though it's "not so scary" will it scare my little ones?

Thanks!

Missy_May

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Florida is 2 hours ahead of us in time, so maybe the late bedtime wouldn't affect them so much early in our vacation. Now I just have to decide if it's worth trying to pack costumes in our carry on only vacation plan!

Upvote 0

luv

Does anyone have an idea when details for this year MNSSHP will come out? I just booked for late October for my little girl's first birthday.
I don't know. But I am looking into my crystal ball and I see...

Two (identical) parades, headless horseman riding before each
One fireworks show called "Hallowishes"
Several performances of a Villains Mix n Mingle on the castle stage

Multiple trick-or-treating locations around the park with long lines most of the night
A one-way candy trail starting in Fantasyland and ending by Space Mountain

Ghostly effects around the HM (staff extra decked out)
Barbershop Quartet dressed up for Halloween and doing cool Halloweeny songs

Dance parties with characters for young kids (or anyone who wants to dance with characters)
Seven Dwarves available for pictures
And other characters available for pics, also dressed for Halloween

MNSSHP merchandise for sale, including pins

...and multiple Wristband Police blockades throughout the park, as well as people interrupting your dinner, demanding to see wristbands.

Upvote 0

mets7

worth every penny!!! Especially if you like meeting rare hard to find characters. Where else (besides the xmas party) can you meet all seven dwarfs together. Also with the mix and mingle you can meet Maleficent, dr. Facilier and the snow queen. Lines are long for the a lot of the characters but worth it in my opinion. Seeing my 6 year old daughter meet lotso was priceless, especially since the year before we just missed the cut off in line the year before. I have done this two years in a row and would go back and do it again in an instant. The dance parties and the trick-or-treating is fun. The parade is awesome, especially the headless horseman, which my last year my then 5 & 8 year old daughters loved. The fireworks are the best I have seen in Disney World. I also enjoy seeing all the people dressed up in their costumes.

As for the ages of your kids. We have done this party two years in a row. In 2011 my daughters who were 8 and just turned 5 did fine and we went all day at the MK. We made sure to schedule a late sitdown lunch to kind of include an air conditioned break, which I think helped, and we had no troubles. Last year we went with another family and they had a 2 year old who actually stayed up through most of the party. We actually did two parties last year, one on Sunday and one on Friday. You know your kids and how energetic they are. Mine are normally on the lazy like to complain about a lot, but at Disney they go better then we do with no complaining. I would assume you will have a stroller so the 2 year old can sleep. I know they used to have free strollers for the parties so you can maybe even get one for the other kids depending on their size. I know it doesn't always go over really well on this site about putting older kids in strollers but you have to do what you have to do. I would make sure to not schedule anything early the next day. The day after the party we just took our time getting up and ready and to the parks, don't try to be at rope drop the next day. Most of all ENJOY!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom