Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Question

muse1983

Original Poster
My wife and I are heading back to WDW Oct. 14-21st. We arent planning on going to the party and were wondering how often it was held throughout a typical week. When the party is happening, how early do they close the MK for guests not attending the party? Does the MK tend to be busier on the days the party is happening that evening? Thanks!

menamechris

My wife and I are heading back to WDW Oct. 14-21st. We arent planning on going to the party and were wondering how often it was held throughout a typical week. When the party is happening, how early do they close the MK for guests not attending the party? Does the MK tend to be busier on the days the party is happening that evening? Thanks!

Hey there! The party is typically held 3-4 times a week during September and October. The Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm for regular park guests, but party-goers are allowed to enter the park after 4:00. As far as attendence goes, that is hard. It is typically a slow time of year anyways, so when I have been there (excluding the week of Halloween), there seems to be little noticeable difference beween days there are and are not a party. If you guys decide to go, I would definetly get the first party you can, because the parties tend to get busier the closer you get to the holiday...

muse1983

Original Poster
Hey there! The party is typically held 3-4 times a week during September and October. The Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm for regular park guests, but party-goers are allowed to enter the park after 4:00. As far as attendence goes, that is hard. It is typically a slow time of year anyways, so when I have been there (excluding the week of Halloween), there seems to be little noticeable difference beween days there are and are not a party. If you guys decide to go, I would definetly get the first party you can, because the parties tend to get busier the closer you get to the holiday...

We are not planning on going to the party so I guess we will schedule our MK days around when it's happening. But if it's only 3 times a week that shouldnt be a problem.

muse1983

Original Poster
It's amazing how fast someones mind can change in just minutes...lol OK so if we DID want to go to the party....When do tickets usually go on sale?

mickeysshoes

Its been over 10 years since I have been to the party but recall it being a very time. If you have not done it you really should try it once!!! I feel its much better than the Christmas party!!! Have fun!

menamechris

It's amazing how fast someones mind can change in just minutes...lol OK so if we DID want to go to the party....When do tickets usually go on sale?

Haha! Start looking for them to go on sale around May. AND (not sure if you are or not) if you are a passholder, be sure to look for discounted dates. Passholders get about $10.00 off on certain nights.

MissM

AND (not sure if you are or not) if you are a passholder, be sure to look for discounted dates. Passholders get about $10.00 off on certain nights.
FYI: Passholder discounted tickets MUST be purchased in advance. If you buy them same-day, you do not get the discount.

a2grafix

Tix cost for adults around $54-59 or so, with tax, depending on time of purchase.

A nice little party, awesome fireworks show and awesome nighttime parade for you, your wife, and some hundred or so friends. Great ambiance and some decent Halloween candy and some exclusive character appearances to boot!

Love to go back soon, though October 2007 felt like last week to me.

majorrfb

A must do

Do attend MNSSHP. It's a blast with outstanding fireworks, Disney's best
parade (my opinion) and plenty of trick or treating for everyone. Since most of the favorite rides are open, I would not go to the Magic Kingdom during the day. In fact I wouldn't use a Disney ticket that day for any one of the parks and just attend the party with a 4p. arrival. Have a great time. :sohappy:

dreamfinder

Do attend MNSSHP. It's a blast with outstanding fireworks, Disney's best
parade (my opinion) and plenty of trick or treating for everyone. Since most of the favorite rides are open, I would not go to the Magic Kingdom during the day. In fact I wouldn't use a Disney ticket that day for any one of the parks and just attend the party with a 4p. arrival. Have a great time. :sohappy:

This. Unless you are already getting a MYW ticket where that extra day is only a few bucks, then it's not as big a deal.

But the party is alot of fun. I do recommend it over the MVMCP which is fun, but no where near as much fun as MNSSHP.

Will MK be more crowded on party days? Ehh... kinda sorta. The morning shouldn't be that bad, but from 4-7 you will see a bump from the party guests who are there early, and the regular guests who haven't left yet. The non party nights may be a bit more crowded than they would be otherwise as people who want to see the night time parade and fireworks can't on the other nights, so they hop over those nights.

muse1983

Original Poster
MNSSHP is awesome. We drive 850 miles every October to go. It has never been crowded when we go which is always Oct. 12-17th.

Sounds good, we are really excited to go now! Has anyone ever experienced the party during the rain? I was curious as to how they would handle it if rain was in the forecast?

menamechris

Sounds good, we are really excited to go now! Has anyone ever experienced the party during the rain? I was curious as to how they would handle it if rain was in the forecast?

Luckily, those parties begin well past our rainy season. The summer months are when you are looking at some evening storms. If rain does happen to be in the forecast, grab a poncho - you'll still have an awesome time.

muse1983

Original Poster
Luckily, those parties begin well past our rainy season. The summer months are when you are looking at some evening storms. If rain does happen to be in the forecast, grab a poncho - you'll still have an awesome time.

Perhaps I'm still scarred from our trip in May of 2009 where it literally rained EVERY SINGLE DAY during our 2 weeks there:lol: But yeah, we still had a great time!

EvilQueen-T

late november, december and january are about the only times of year we don't get at least some daily rain so bring a little rain poncho. if you're at the mk during the mnschp you might want to consider going...if for NO other reason it's the ONLY time of year you can dress up inside the park. you inner child will be soooooo happy!

WDW_Princess

It rained a lot at the party in 2009, but that was the only time we have had rain. A big bonus if it rains, the lines for candy go away because all the people who melt have to run for cover.

RetiringIn2005

We went this last year and MK was absolutely packed but we really liked it. The parade was the best part IMO. We plan to go again this year and on Halloween night. I know it will be packed and we need to get our tickets early but what the heck.

JillC LI

We absolutely loved it in 2009. Wear costumes since how often do you get to do that as adults?! We did family themed costumes (hitchhiking ghosts). So much fun. It didn't rain when we were there, but I remember from past posts that someone once said that all party activities go on as planned except that if the streets are dangerously slick then the Headless Horseman might not be able to safely kick off the Boo To You parade on horseback.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom