News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

DreamalittleDisney

Can I ask about booking from the UK, I was reading on FB yesterday people saying about needing a VPN? But how does this work if I have a resort booking that I booked from the UK, how do they link them and allow me to book early for my stay? Or am I best to just ring Disney and book this way?
Heya the likes of attraction tickets get them to sell too so you can just get them from there

msha88

Can I ask about booking from the UK, I was reading on FB yesterday people saying about needing a VPN? But how does this work if I have a resort booking that I booked from the UK, how do they link them and allow me to book early for my stay? Or am I best to just ring Disney and book this way?

Yep, I did this last year and saw lots of other people online did it too. Idk how it links it but it does! Bought the MNSSHP tickets via the US site and they magically appeared in MDE a few hours later despite my resort reservation being via the UK site. Both were in there together no problems. Apparently the issue is that for booking events during the covid travel ban, Disney set them to be US only so international people didn’t book things they couldn’t then get into the country for and they just haven’t set it back to international guests.

Heya the likes of attraction tickets get them to sell too so you can just get them from there

IIRC last year there was a presale for a few weeks via the Disney site for guests with a resort reservation so using the US site with VPN is if people are worried their dates will sell out. But yeah they‘ll be available with less hoops to jump through from other sites just not as early I expect.

Mickey1984

Yep, I did this last year and saw lots of other people online did it too. Idk how it links it but it does! Bought the MNSSHP tickets via the US site and they magically appeared in MDE a few hours later despite my resort reservation being via the UK site. Both were in there together no problems. Apparently the issue is that for booking events during the covid travel ban, Disney set them to be US only so international people didn’t book things they couldn’t then get into the country for and they just haven’t set it back to international guests.
Thanks for coming back to me.

But how to Disney link them up? Do you just log into the American site the same as you would the UK site?

Ive got my VPN ready for Thursday, I just need a push in the right direction once I get there, any help appreciated.

jrhwdw

MNSSHP Entertainment is On MDE already!!!!!!! Too early IMO!!!!! Wish MK was this antsy with Trolley Show and a Night Parade!!!!!!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just for grins and giggles.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.)
* Thursday, October 18, 2001
* Sunday, October 21, 2001
* Friday, October 26, 2001
* Sunday, October 28, 2001
* Wednesday, October 31, 2001

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.)
* Thursday, November 29, 2001
* Friday, November 30, 2001
* Sunday, December 2, 2001
* Thursday, December 6, 2001
* Friday, December 7, 2001
* Sunday, December 9, 2001
* Tuesday, December 11, 2001
* Thursday, December 13, 2001
* Friday, December 14, 2001
* Sunday, December 16, 2001
* Tuesday, December 18, 2001

Back when these were special and not just revenue drivers.

JMcMahonEsq

Wait so is the point here that Disney shouldn't expand offerings that people want and limit them so that most people aren't able to attend?

Or that they should limit events so that people with families and kids in school can't go to them or have to miss school to do so?

Or that when Disney makes something that is so popular that events are selling out, that they shouldn't like any good business expand the offering to make it available to more customers?

WDWLover#1

Thanks for coming back to me.

But how to Disney link them up? Do you just log into the American site the same as you would the UK site?

Ive got my VPN ready for Thursday, I just need a push in the right direction once I get there, any help appreciated.
Hello - we went last year and did this exact thing.

Our VPN worked a treat. On my laptop from the UK, I selected the location to be America. Then went on the WDW website logged into my account and purchased the tickets. They emailed myself and when I was there, picked up the tickets from the ticket centre in Disney Springs as that was the easiest thing for us to do.

We did the same thing top purchase magic bands, so they were all ready to be picked up at our resort hotel desk. This also worked fine - however it didn't take the money straight away. They only took it a week or so beforehand. I was initially worried, but when I looked on the US website, our order was shown as 'pending'. I assumed this meant that they'll take the money closer to the time. I kept the money in my international bank account I had linked to MDE, just so it was there if they took it, and my assumption was correct. They took the money and completed the order about a week before we were due to fly out.

Hope this helps!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Choosing 2001 certainly was a choice. Air travel was WAY down that year, for obvious reasons, so there wasn't nearly the level of demand there otherwise would be.

ToTBellHop

As a teacher, I’m happy we can attend now. October travel is a nonstarter for us.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Choosing 2001 certainly was a choice. Air travel was WAY down that year, for obvious reasons, so there wasn't nearly the level of demand there otherwise would be.

I actually copied that from a post in June 2001, so the schedule was set well before the events of September 11.

As a teacher, I’m happy we can attend now. October travel is a nonstarter for us.

Totally understandable. We weren't even on the Halloween Party radar back then. My parents may have done a Christmas party in the late 90's, but it would take me some time to scour the stuff my dad kept and find out.

ToTBellHop

I actually copied that from a post in June 2001, so the schedule was set well before the events of September 11.

Totally understandable. We weren't even on the Halloween Party radar back then. My parents may have done a Christmas party in the late 90's, but it would take me some time to scour the stuff my dad kept and find out.
At least it’s only 2 nights per week in August. And the parks are dead then, anyway. I’ve found the impact on crowds to be negligible and it’s easy to predict the dates of parties.

Before my wife became a teacher, too, I called in sick for an October trip. Never again. Insane crowds. Worse than Christmas. Hell, Epcot on a Saturday in October is worse than Epcot on NYE!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Wait... you think that they were started just to be 'special' and not drive attendance into what used to be the dead zone?

Gillyanne

Anyone have any guesses how MNSSHP ticket sales will go this year? Like how soon certain dates will sell out? I just went through and looked at the sell out info (thanks @DCBaker for always posting it!) from 2022; We're looking to go 9/17 this year (first day everyone will be in town, but the price jumps up that Tuesday when we'd usually go) . The comparable date (9/18) last year sold out about 3 months after they first went on sale. If we think sales will be available for just as long; I won't FOMO buy them next week and let some more funds accumulate before I do....

If guesses think it'll be comparable, taking into account that they're going on sale 2 weeks earlier this year; I should easily be able to wait until later in June or July....

Riviera Rita

The excellent offer that is currently on offer on the UK website for 2024, even better than the previous ones in 2022 and 2023 and the prices not seemingly hugely increased for similar dates this year shows how Disney reacts when one customer demograph numbers falls. If the American and Canadian market either put off going to Disney for a year or two (families with babies and toddlers for example) or didn't shell out for all the pay for add ons you can guarantee Disney would react. The problem is people pay for those extras so Disney thinks 'ker-ching!' and carries on as they are or increases the price.
The offer for staying at Pop next September would give me $700 in dining and merchandise credit and $200 gift card or, if I booked a flight, $400 gift card. Book a moderate or Deluxe and it's a lot more. If Disney saw a lot less US families going they may consider free kids tickets or/and dining or a drastic drop in Genie+ sales would probably have them rethinking the cost or offer a buy before you go Genie+ for the length of your trip at a set price. They would be unlikely to scrap it, but, try and make it more attractive instead.

Riviera Rita

Are you in the UK or US? If you are in the UK you can book on the the UK site when they release the tickets by going on 'things to do' and clicking on the links, no VPN required. Don't go on the US site because you will be charged fees by your bank or credit card company for sterling transfer fees unless you have a card that doesn't charge that.
Once you have the ticket it should be added to your My Disney Experience automatically.
Resort guests can buy theirs from April 27th and everyone else from May 2nd.

Mickey1984

Are you in the UK or US? If you are in the UK you can book on the the UK site when they release the tickets by going on 'things to do' and clicking on the links, no VPN required. Don't go on the US site because you will be charged fees by your bank or credit card company for sterling transfer fees unless you have a card that doesn't charge that.
Once you have the ticket it should be added to your My Disney Experience automatically.
Resort guests can buy theirs from April 27th and everyone else from May 2nd.
In the UK, but from my understanding we can't book them from the UK? or has this changed? I would as you say prefer to buy from UK due to fee's (also not roundabout way of doing it with VPN) but likewise I am ready if its not possible.

Riviera Rita

In the UK, but from my understanding we can't book them from the UK? or has this changed? I would as you say prefer to buy from UK due to fee's (also not roundabout way of doing it with VPN) but likewise I am ready if its not possible.
Never had a problem booking from the UK, I've put a link for the page for you. They go on sale tomorrow for people with resort bookings so you can buy them then. You can then link it to your resort booking on MDE or it may even do it automatically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom