News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I mean,… This is for a company that has historically made you choose not only where to eat but also the precise time to eat six months in advance, so…. 🤷‍♀️
That is a change I'm glad they made. I also don't remiss in the loss of the Disney Dining Plan. It made it extremely easy to overspend at restaurants given that you pre-paid and realistically don't need to eat at so many expensive restaurants, and made you have to calculate everything even down to snacks.

Making it 60 days instead of 180 is also SO much more reasonable.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

DLP has cancelled their extra Halloween paid for events and will run themed stuff in the parks instead .... Be nice if WDW did something similar maybe as a perk for on site guests or even during the deluxe resort extra evening hours .... I know it's a nice dream
To TDO/TWDC, the decorations during the day are all you get. I would love to see the Halloween decor packages expand to the other parks but don’t see that ever happening either

ToTBellHop

Why does there need to be hype and merchandise in April to announce ticket availability for Halloween parties?

Maybe that’s why there’s so much room availability this summer and fall? People are waiting to plan their summer and fall vacations until MNSSHP tickets go on sale? Makes perfect zero sense.
Why can’t it just be fun to have a witch caramel apple in April? I really don’t see the big deal here. I’m more upset (STILL) that I have to grab my bags at MCO. That sucks major balls. The new Terminal C apparently employs sloths to transport your bags off the plane.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DLP has cancelled their extra Halloween paid for events and will run themed stuff in the parks instead .... Be nice if WDW did something similar maybe as a perk for on site guests or even during the deluxe resort extra evening hours .... I know it's a nice dream
…it was a sweet dream…while it lasted 🤪
Why can’t it just be fun to have a witch caramel apple in April? I really don’t see the big deal here. I’m more upset (STILL) that I have to grab my bags at MCO. That sucks major balls. The new Terminal C apparently employs sloths to transport your bags off the plane.
…it looks low rent?

GimpYancIent

If this is a “win”…there’s something wrong with the scoreboard
There are few (lately) advertising moves that Disney has done well. This very early MNSSHP tease is a win. The mere fact the MNSSHP move is being discussed fervently this early in the year means the upcoming popular event is on peoples minds. Something people like being teased early and getting people to look forward to the main event. I say that's good showmanship.

ToTBellHop

Weren’t we all?? LOL!
1681909497266.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are few (lately) advertising moves that Disney has done well. This very early MNSSHP tease is a win. The mere fact the MNSSHP move is being discussed fervently this early in the year means the upcoming popular event is on peoples minds. Something people like being teased early and getting people to look forward to the main event. I say that's good showmanship.
They’re not really “advertising” it…it’s the same people over and over again and they know that.

What they’re trying to do is justify price escalation by whipping “zeal”…it will probably work too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom