News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Of course, any actual update to the party would help. Is the newish fireworks show as disliked by most guests as it is by me?

Not that they’ll change it. Best we can hope for is extra peanut butter Snickers.
I've not heard of any changes to fireworks yet.

MagicHappens1971

Of course, any actual update to the party would help. Is the newish fireworks show as disliked by most guests as it is by me?

Not that they’ll change it. Best we can hope for is extra peanut butter Snickers.
I like the Firework show, and LOVE Boo to You, but it's time for a new parade. It's "only" like 23 years old

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They did this last year too. I don't really see the outrage, there's ~120 days until the first MNSSHP. Gotta start the marketing push
120 days until MNSSHP, which lasts for 120 days! Perfect synergy!! Maybe they'll next add a countdown to the Halloween in April announcements so they can have Halloween stuff 360 days a year (plus do the same for Christmas). Smell the merchandising money, Bobby!!!

Touchdown

I like the Firework show, and LOVE Boo to You, but it's time for a new parade. It's "only" like 23 years old
But it’s the best parade they run, and it gets updated frequently. Other then wishing the gazebo float would be replaced with a whimsical Halloween float for the fab 5 and adding more characters I don’t have any issues with it.

mattpeto

I’m still stunned that Villains After Hours doesn’t look to be in the catalog this year. Maybe they bring this event back for June and July as a Halloween opening?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I would absolutely love if they gave our Main Street the Disneyland Paris Halloween Party treatment. It could become a staple like the snow during the Christmas parties.

It looks utterly incredible in person, and I imagine the projection mapping installed for Enchantment could be used for it just like it is now used for Happily Ever After. Throwing in some fog machines and green window lights would be inexpensive for the tremendous gain it would bring.

92AA238B-683F-47BD-8BEB-4A6BFC23F45F.jpeg

B931534F-9994-4A31-B462-DA15021026F5.jpeg

If they’re feeling even more generous, adding a few mazes/walkthroughs like Hong Kong Disneyland has had in the past would actually bring a ton to MNSSHP. If not at Magic Kingdom, then perhaps as a ticketed event for Hollywood Studios, like a less intense Halloween Horror Nights.

Now that I’m thinking about this, the Villains Land should definitely get a permanent walkthrough. It would be extremely popular.
F7B557AF-A28A-4D37-A588-329D6AFD5C84.jpeg
6AD91414-D977-4DF2-AA11-478B23BF8008.jpeg

A5FC3D20-F494-45F5-AFA5-1AE8310BFCA0.jpeg

3BE3F73A-1DC6-4C5C-9119-9DE680221CA1.jpeg

Perhaps even toss in live actors walking around. I love the candy stations, but I feel there could be more to do. Seeing creepy gravediggers or ghosts from the Haunted Mansion walking around Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Main Street (like DLP) would be amazing. Truly, just imagine if you had Davy Jones’ crew running around Adventureland. Some of the other Disney resorts have scare actors, just toned down compared to Universal or Six Flags.

Even just having villains like Oogie Boogie or Hades walking around the lands that you just so happen to bump into for a quick moment would be exciting rather than dedicated meet and greets.
D3BE24F4-2FDF-4173-A15A-3C741F5D9AE8.jpeg

Of course, they could also pull a Tokyo Disneyland and make all the seasonal offerings free and allow costumes throughout the entire month of October. I understand the former, but why isn’t the latter already a thing?

At the very least, some more decorations like Cars Land has or a full-fledged overlay of a ride wouldn’t hurt. Call me crazy but I love IPs for events like these!

WDW really needs to up its game.
02F48EED-6814-4F64-9CBE-A794913CC69E.jpeg
37AE39B4-19B1-4E60-808A-B6CC5A419D1B.png

704AC41B-B59C-4EBB-9FFD-A5B3B2B1D45B.jpeg

The feeling of Halloween at Disney Parks is something special!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I would absolutely love if they gave our Main Street the Disneyland Paris Halloween Party treatment. It could become a staple like the snow during the Christmas parties.

It looks utterly incredible in person, and I imagine the projection mapping installed for Enchantment could be used for it just like it is now used for Happily Ever After. Throwing in some fog machines and green window lights would be inexpensive for the tremendous gain it would bring.

View attachment 710995
View attachment 710993

If they’re feeling even more generous, adding a few mazes/walkthroughs like Hong Kong Disneyland has had in the past would actually bring a ton to MNSSHP. If not at Magic Kingdom, then perhaps as a ticketed event for Hollywood Studios, like a less intense Halloween Horror Nights.

Now that I’m thinking about this, the Villains Land should definitely get a permanent walkthrough. It would be extremely popular.
View attachment 710998View attachment 710997
View attachment 711001
View attachment 710996

Perhaps even toss in live actors walking around. I love the candy stations, but I feel there could be more to do. Seeing creepy gravediggers or ghosts from the Haunted Mansion walking around Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Main Street (like DLP) would be amazing. Truly, just imagine if you had Davy Jones’ crew running around Adventureland. Some of the other Disney resorts have scare actors, just toned down compared to Universal or Six Flags.

Even just having villains like Oogie Boogie or Hades walking around the lands that you just so happen to bump into for a quick moment would be exciting rather than dedicated meet and greets.
View attachment 710999

Of course, they could also pull a Tokyo Disneyland and make all the seasonal offerings free and allow costumes throughout the entire month of October. I understand the former, but why isn’t the latter already a thing?

At the very least, some more decorations like Cars Land has or a full-fledged overlay of a ride wouldn’t hurt. Call me crazy but I love IPs for events like these!

View attachment 711005View attachment 711004
View attachment 711006

1681815385322.png

Ayla

View attachment 710995
View attachment 710993

View attachment 710998View attachment 710997
View attachment 711001
View attachment 710996

View attachment 710999

View attachment 711005View attachment 711004
View attachment 711006

It's supposed to appeal to everyone, including children. What you described doesn't. They aren't going to keep MS dark for hours for obvious reasons.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
It's supposed to appeal to everyone, including children. What you described doesn't. They aren't going to keep MS dark for hours for obvious reasons.
They do it at other Disney resorts and are still able to appeal to children AND adults. I feel like anyone over the age of 9 or 10 would absolutely love and notice an actual Halloween celebration rather than pretty much no changes.

WDW can’t even do the simple things like the Main Street projection mapping or more decorations that’s inexpensive to do is my point.

Guests need to demand more.

WDW is the most expensive Disney resort by a mile yet they’re cheap when it comes to event entertainment.

The lack of effort on so many things gives the impression that WDW is like a tourist trap when you know what goes on elsewhere. I still love the resort, but it’s that issue that I’m stuck on with the endless price increases. You should get more bang for your buck.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some of y’all are just feast on negativity. They threw out some snacks for the weekend and are hyping up the announcement of the Halloween Party. What is so wrong about this?
“Hyping up the announcement of the Halloween Party”. It’s April 18. Think about it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People enjoy planning. It’s also one of their most popular events of the year. I fail to see the issue.
Why does there need to be hype and merchandise in April to announce ticket availability for Halloween parties?

Maybe that’s why there’s so much room availability this summer and fall? People are waiting to plan their summer and fall vacations until MNSSHP tickets go on sale? Makes perfect zero sense.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They do it at other Disney resorts and are still able to appeal to children AND adults. I feel like anyone over the age of 9 or 10 would absolutely love and notice an actual Halloween celebration rather than pretty much no changes.

WDW can’t even do the simple things like the Main Street projection mapping or more decorations that’s inexpensive to do is my point.

Guests need to demand more.

WDW is the most expensive Disney resort by a mile yet they’re cheap when it comes to event entertainment.

The lack of effort on so many things gives the impression that WDW is like a tourist trap when you know what goes on elsewhere. I still love the resort, but it’s that issue that I’m stuck on with the endless price increases. You should get more bang for your buck.
Guests are demanding less because they KEEP GOING regardless of what the Bob’s and Josh do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom