Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

WhatJaneSays

That would stink!! I don't think there were any Saturday tickets but maybe I'm wrong. But i agree, it would stink to have to pay 2-3x the amount
There are no Saturday tickets this year; generally the only time there is a MNSSHP on Saturday is if Halloween falls on a Saturday like last year. (Also there are no sold out dates as of yet so if people do pay 2-3 times their value on eBay at this point ... they didn't do their research.)

Crazydisneyfanluke

And incase nobody noticed, it has the exact same units from Boo to You at WDW
Nope.
"From “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” Jack Skellington the Pumpkin King brings greetings from Halloweentown"
"Inspired by Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog,” Dr. Facilier calls on mystical powers, summoning his Shadow Men from the bayou to loom large over his strange and twisted Voodoo parlor, and the mischievous Disney Villains appear out of the darkness, ready to stir up some trouble."
The nightmare before Christmas is not in Boo to you.
The Villain unit in Boo to you is just a bunch of villains.

Pleakley

I actually find the new dress code kind of vague. Like when it talks about tshirts and tutus, it just says that they are "included", not that you are limited to that. Hopefully it's been written that way on purpose to only sound strict, but not actually exclude too many different options. I mostly interpreted it as no capes (say that in Edna Mode voice), no physical masks, no replica weapons, nothing that could scare or scar the children (so I can cross sexy Jasmine off my costume list) and no giant costumes. Which is a bit of a shame on the latter because some people really go all out and do a nice job. There's one couple I've seen a few times who dress up as Haunted Mansion characters, and the wife wears this magnificent hoop skirt. I don't know how she gets around, I totally see why it wouldn't be deemed as safe, but still very cool to see. I guess the new challenge for the "go big" people will have to be how to tone it down and be just as intricate. I do find the "long dresses" wording confusing though. I assume they would only not allow you in in something like a hoop skirt, but it will leave people wondering about maxi-type dresses. Should be no problem if you could wear it normally. Since there is no mention at all about makeup, I would go ahead and assume it is fine. You can have it done in the parks and again, can wear it any other day. They probably would prefer it over copious props or items of clothing. However, I could see overly gory makeup being called out as inappropriate.

MagicHappens1971

Great!

So how about a listing of what characters are at what meet and greet locations? The map shows 'where' but know 'who' is at the greet locations.
To my knowledge the map normally doesn't depict which characters are meeting where. I think there is like a Party Times Guide that will will have that info

Bacon

Here this is also how long the trails will be in my prediction (based on old ones)
fe49af4aebd44c5fa0ee9e81217f0554.jpg

ToTBellHop

The article with the map is confusing a lot of people. There are very few parties that only have 3 stage shows and it might be good to mention that small world is off the current map because of the refurb.
Just noticed this. I assume this schedule is because the party starts so early this year that sunset is after the party starts and it isn't dark enough by 8. For my October dates, there are four Spelltaculars and the parade moves up to 8:15. Fireworks still at the late hour of 10:15, though. I thought the move back to 10 last year was late!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The article with the map is confusing a lot of people. There are very few parties that only have 3 stage shows and it might be good to mention that small world is off the current map because of the refurb.
Thanks, updated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom