Mickey's Halloween Party or Skip it?

jessnic95

Hi! We're going to WDW (AKL!!!) at the end of September and trying to decide if we should do MNSSHP this year. I have 3 little ones (7,5,&4) and we really planned on doing early mornings at the parks (to avoid the crowds) and have them in bed by 8. Is it really worth it to do the Halloween party? How crazy is the MK for the party? Do you have to purchase special tickets, even if you are staying on-site with a package? Any and ALL information on the Halloween party would be GREAT!! Thanks for all your help!

raven

What type of costume would anyone recommend for 2 adults (honeymoon) on Sept. 14 (from what I read on Mousesavers this is the first night of 2007 MNSSHP)? I've never been at this time of the year and do not want to be misearable in a costume from the heat. Thanks!

I went as a hitch-hiking ghost and was very confortable in the matterial I made it from. I made sure it was UV reflective so I "stood out" when I walked thru Tomorrowland and people thought I was one of the characters and I was asked to pose for pictures with people. As long as you don't wear a wig like my friend's giant black afro for his hippy costume I think you will be just fine.

We felt a little weird at first walking from our room at Pop through the lobby because everyone was looking at us but once we got to the bus stop for MK there were a ton of people in costume. The key is to think light clothing. Don't go as a pirate like everyone else. Be original and use your imagination and you will be surprised how little you need to put together something simple yet effective.

Upvote 0

jessnic95

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great advice! I didn't realize that the park is closed to all guests and that the tickets sold are not sold to capacity. I think the kids would really love it. In fact, I think I might do the BBB in the morning to "princess" my daughter up and then go to the party at night. This way we would have a relaxing morning, get in a nap, and fun a great evening. Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale???Thanks for all the help!!

Upvote 0

apatten22

Definately go! We've done it twice. The first time, my husband and I wanted to dress up, but not be loaded down with a costume, so we found doctor/nurse scrubs with Disney characters on them. They were light and comfortable, but still had that Disney spirit to them. Have a great time if you go!

We're doing the MVMCP this year. Can't wait- 258 days til we leave. :sohappy: :xmas:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

What type of costume would anyone recommend for 2 adults (honeymoon) on Sept. 14 (from what I read on Mousesavers this is the first night of 2007 MNSSHP)? I've never been at this time of the year and do not want to be misearable in a costume from the heat. Thanks!

we went last september twice because we liked it so much, but anyway I dressed up as a mouseketeer....I had quite a few cm's comment how much they loved my costume , and it was'nt how either I had a pleated skirt ,t-shirt that I made and bobby socks ...Defiantly gonna do it this september as well!!!http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/DSCF0488.JPG

Upvote 0

UKHelen

I would definately say GO. Last October we went for the first time (2 early 30's adults) and really enjoyed it and came away with loads of candy that I ended up giving (what was left) to a family in the hotel when we left. The 'Boo to You' parade was very good and the music stayed in my head all night long! Enjoyed the Hallowishes firework show too. The atmosphere in the park was different to normal (IMHO) too. Experienced my first dole whip the night too!

The only thing I would say is dress up (even those adults only parties) - I really really wish I'd left my British reserve :eek: at the hotel and bought even a halloween type tshirt (which were everywhere when we visited) as every one looked cool. A lotof the evening was spent people watching and oohing and aahing at the different adult and children costumes.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

It is so worth going, something the kids will remember, trick or treating in the MK. I've taken my nephews and this year I'm going again with the three year old nephew. The day of the party we took it easy, everyone slept in a bit and had a late breakfast, so by late afternoon we were all dressed and headed over to the MK for the party. We were able to stay until about 10p with the 2 yr old which I consider not too bad, but that was definitely because we took it easy and the next day we didn't plan anything until later in the day just in case anyone was tired and wanted to sleep a little bit. While you may be excited and able to burn the candle on both ends, the little ones can't and that is what causes most melt downs that you see in the parks.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

Its not to be missed!! It is soo much fun. The parade is great! Our favorite is the float from Haunted Mansion and the headless horseman who rides before the parade. My son dressed up and enjoyed it. The fireworks were great and the crowd levels were low. We went mid October 2004. If we are down there for it, we would definitely go back. Our son's bedtime is usually 8pm every night. When we are on vacation, he knows there is no set bedtime and will stay up longer. We take a break everyday around or after lunch back at the room. Then we freshen up and head back to the parks.

Its definitely worth the extra money.

Upvote 0

pacochran

I think you should go! You've got to do it at least once. The year we did it my two kids loved it, and loved the idea of getting dressed up. They have fun doing the trick or treating in MK, it was really something they liked bragging about to their friends. The other thing is the park may not be as crowded as it is during the day, (try and go on a week night as we find this better than on a weekend).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom