Mickey's Halloween Party - Adults

My DH and I will be at WDW in late October (8th trip, first in October). Should we get tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party if it is just 2 of us? Is this an activity geared more towards families with kids?

Bug715

My friend and I are going down in 10 days and have tickets for the party and we're even dressing up. I worked most of the last year and my parents and I went when they came to visit. It isn't just for families I've seen a ton of adults who are there without kids. MNSSHP has the best fireworks and parade in my opinion.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

My wife and I went last year....its just as much fun, if not more for grown up "kids" as it is for regular kids.

I think you will regret not going if you don't take advantage of it.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I'll have to be the voice of dissent and say I don't think I would go without kids. I don't care for candy all that much and the special fireworks can be seen from the Polynesian without paying for admission. But some adults are totally into Halloween, and if that is you, then you might like it. I have never cared about Halloween.

Upvote 0

stevediesel

I was there for the party on the 19th, just two adults, and would have to give it a mixed review. I would say go if a) The $50 or so for each ticket won't break your bank. b) You either like Halloween a lot or are a huge fan of the Disney Villians. It was great to see all the Halloween stuff & the Haunted Mansion was extra spooky, as well as the general atmosphere, but I would have to think twice if I was to go again.

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'll have to be the voice of dissent and say I don't think I would go without kids. I don't care for candy all that much and the special fireworks can be seen from the Polynesian without paying for admission. But some adults are totally into Halloween, and if that is you, then you might like it. I have never cared about Halloween.
Halloween is Sam and I's favorite holiday. We pulled out all the decoration from the attic this weekend and we are officially "themed".

Respectfully of your opinion Laura, but I would go just for the parade and atmosphere. Im not even into fireworks that much. I had a blast with MasterYoda and family.... but if you dont like dressing up and all the elements of Halloween, then yes, it would be a waste of time.

Upvote 0

SirGoofy

I was there for the party on the 19th, just two adults, and would have to give it a mixed review. I would say go if a) The $50 or so for each ticket won't break your bank. b) You either like Halloween a lot or are a huge fan of the Disney Villians. It was great to see all the Halloween stuff & the Haunted Mansion was extra spooky, as well as the general atmosphere, but I would have to think twice if I was to go again.

Personally I would just buy a ticket to the party and use that as my admission for that day. It's cheaper than a regular day pass, and you can get in at 4 o'clock. It's a nice value.

And as for the party, I've never been, but I've heard great things.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

One of these years I want to go to this...Reading all the reports, it sounds like a lot of fun...

Next Trip - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

Upvote 0
I love the Halloween party and I'm not overly into Halloween or anything, I just adore the characters in their costumes and I think the parade is the best parade that Disney currently has on property. It's also nice to enjoy MK with less crowds and the theming is excellent.

Upvote 0

Adam Cas

Your not gonna see pooh an tigger dressed as super heroes anywhere else or stitch in his alien suit, the pics of the headless horseman online doesn't do the live thing justice, for me it's the best parade (pirates and princess partys fireworks are better) but i highly recommend it

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
..................and the special fireworks can be seen from the Polynesian without paying for admission. .......

The choreography of the fireworks is something that you can not see at the poly. The music is FABULOUS as is the lights on the castle. Sitting at the Poly you can not get the full effect of the Hallowishes fireworks that leave many many people in awe! They are fantastic... They being the music, lights, and the fireworks work together to create a show.

That being said, I took my in-laws (60's) and they went back this year by themselves just for the fireworks and parade alone. It is worth it to do it just once. The headless horseman is awesome! The decorations are fabulous, although you can see them without the special tickets, the kids in costumes are great too. Some of those kids have great costumes.

Just think of it as a huge dressup party with an awesome parade. Plus if you want something sweet, just stop at one of the candy spots... It is "free". Adults can dress up too if that is your thing. Is it geared towards kids..... well, there is nothing that is specific for kids only that the adults can't and don't do.. so no.. it is not a kids only event. Plus it is a cheap way to get into the park. Cheaper than a day pass.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Well if you are planning on having some downtime while visiting WDW, then you could definately sleep in on this day - hang around the pool and then head to MK to arrive at 4pm.

I went on 9/19 and loved it!! And yes, we dressed up. I will go again next year - loved it. I love Halloween, so I was totally into all the decorations and hey, it's been about 28 yrs since I have been trick-or-treating and that was fun!!

Upvote 0
My wife and i went to the party on the 16th sep and had a great time, the parade is ace with every character in halloween costumes, the fireworks were great with a villans theme, there were loads of characters with some very rare ones out such as the Walrus from Alice and Judge Frollo from Hunch Back plus many more. The other really great thing was the crowds we were in a boat on our own on Pirates. a log to our selves on Splash mt and had to wait 4 mins on peter pan, we even got asked if we wanted to stay on thunder mt again as its so quiet. you can also get all the free candy you want just watch out for the spooky man at the liberty river boat candy stop! You should get tickets and enjoy the whole experience.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We normally go to WDW in December for the Christmas decorations.

Next year, however, we are going to go in October to see the Halloween decorations and go to MNSSHP.

We've been at Thanksgiving and there was nothing really special then.
The Halloween stuff looks interesting though and the reviews of MNSSHP from people who've been, adults, are almost all very positive.

:king:

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

DH and I attended the 9/5 party. (left the kids at home this trip) :animwink:

The trick or treating got old, fast. But we really enjoyed the parade, Hallowishes, and the overall creepy feel of the park, esp. Haunted Mansion. I'm glad we went, since it is unlikely that we will be down there again during Sept/Oct (kids are in school). If we do go again, it will be to bring our kids. :lol:

Upvote 0

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I took my 13yo niece to it this year and I think I had more fun than she did. I loved seeing Main Street in all the Halloween colors, and hearing the different music being played in Liberty Square and Frontierland. The park really does take on a different feel! That being said, I now have a new highly ranked parade - the Mickey's Boo To You Parade! I fell in love with the music and the parade in general. It's wonderful to get to see all the villians out in full force and the "general" charaters in "halloween costumes". I have a few pictures uploaded on here that I can share - well, see below, but have a few more that I can upload once I get home.

Upvote 0

snookie5605

i would definitely recommend it. my husband and i did it last year on our honeymoon trip and this year again and it is a lot of fun. plus the parade and the fireworks are some of the best ive seen disney do. and if you love the characters, they are all dressed up in their costumes and its a blast! plus you cant beat going trick or treating which you have to do no matter how old you are!

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

The whole theming and lighting really add a completely different ambiance to the whole park. Its kinda like going to a park you haven't been to before, just looking at all the different things they do that aren't out during normal operating hours.

If I had a say so I would go back every time around the time to see MNSSHP.

Oh, and really short lines for rides. I think the longest we were in a line was maybe an hour and that was Peter Pan, all the big ticket rides were almost walk ons. That was so great to be able to pick what you wanted to ride and not have to wait 90 minutes plus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom