Mickey's Halloween Family 5k in October....

frank2271

Original Poster
Hello all,

Am I the only one who is SHOCKED that the 5k in October has not started to fill up? I know that it's a lot of money, $99.00, but it does come with a Halloween Party ticket.

Just the chance to run a race through the MK is enough for me, I'm saving up my pennies in order to run it with my wife and son. I know it will be worth it when all is said and done. But I am totally shocked that it's not atleast at 50% capacity.

What do you think?

Frank

dreamfinder

The 5k's usually don't fill up to later, if at all. The costs associated with them are ridiculous. Even without a MNSSHP ticket they were still charging like 45 to enter. Most local 5k's are twenty bucks or so to enter. I can do most half marathons with a free tech shirt for that cost. And what is the runner doesn't want to go to the MNSSHP, or doesn't want to go that evening? The same thing happens with the E:E race. They include a park ticket in your registration fee, but what about for people who already have AP's or tickets? Another kicker is the lack of timing. They should have mile splits and finish time, but nothing official.

Between those two reasons, I can't see most local runners having a real need or desire to do these races. And the same goes for non local runners. Most people willing to travel to races want times. I'm doing it with my wife as we are going down for the Wine & Dine, but wouldn't think about it otherwise.

MCC1

$33 per mile is a little pricey...I'd wager there'll be plenty of bandits running the 5k unregistered who are running the W&D so they can run all 4 parks that day.

frank2271

Original Poster
The 5k's usually don't fill up to later, if at all. The costs associated with them are ridiculous. Even without a MNSSHP ticket they were still charging like 45 to enter. Most local 5k's are twenty bucks or so to enter. I can do most half marathons with a free tech shirt for that cost. And what is the runner doesn't want to go to the MNSSHP, or doesn't want to go that evening? The same thing happens with the E:E race. They include a park ticket in your registration fee, but what about for people who already have AP's or tickets? Another kicker is the lack of timing. They should have mile splits and finish time, but nothing official.

Between those two reasons, I can't see most local runners having a real need or desire to do these races. And the same goes for non local runners. Most people willing to travel to races want times. I'm doing it with my wife as we are going down for the Wine & Dine, but wouldn't think about it otherwise.

I did the Everest 5k and they had it all timed. Had to wear the tag on my shoe. AP doesn't work with MNSSHP, so I'll enjoy the party, I have an AP and sometimes still pay for the party. The party is on Sunday night, the race is on Saturday morning, the half is Saturday night. So, hopefully my legs will be rested for the party 24 hours later.

Enjoy the run through the MK, it'll be fun to run through all four parks in two races in one day.

It's a "Mini-Goofy", 16.2 miles in one day. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Frank

This makes me so excited, as our family is going in October and has plans to do the MNSSHP, except I can't seem to find any information about this race on the Disney website. Please help!:shrug:

Thanks so much for the link! I've always wanted to do a race at WDW and here's my chance! Yay! I love that there is now a dedicated section to running! :sohappy:

Grrrrr! It's Oct 2 and we don't arrive until the 13th! Shenanigans! :mad: Oh well...here's to planning another Disney vacation to coincide with a race. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom