Mickey's Halloween 5K Transportation

Andrew54

Original Poster
We are staying at the WL for our Oct. trip and I noticed the WL is not one of the listed host resorts. So the boat to the MK must not be running early enough to make the 7:00am race.
I'm guessing a cab to MK or monorail a stop and come in that way. I'm not familiar as to what will be operating that early in the morning.

Any advice on best method in getting there?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We are staying at the WL for our Oct. trip and I noticed the WL is not one of the listed host resorts. So the boat to the MK must not be running early enough to make the 7:00am race.
I'm guessing a cab to MK or monorail a stop and come in that way. I'm not familiar as to what will be operating that early in the morning.

Im not sure. Luckily, It is only a short distance so that could be your warm up before the race. :animwink:

I would like to know though. Im worried how Im going to get from the PORS or Epcot that late afternoon to DWWoS on October 2nd. I had looked at the trans grid and figured it out, but I have since forgotten it. LOL

Phonedave

Im not sure. Luckily, It is only a short distance so that could be your warm up before the race. :animwink:

I would like to know though. Im worried how Im going to get from the PORS or Epcot that late afternoon to DWWoS on October 2nd. I had looked at the trans grid and figured it out, but I have since forgotten it. LOL

I am still thinking about getting from AKL to DWWoS that evening. Maybe a cab is in my future.

-dave

dreamfinder

Cab. WL isn't on the monorail loop. And I believe you will expected to be there before the 7 AM start time, maybe by like 6:30. There is a chance you could get the character breakfast bus which might be running by about 6:30, but once again, you might not get there in time.

Or, just walk over. The course description says it starts on Topiary Lane. That is a small road that looks like it starts over by the TTC, and runs to World Drive. Check out Topiary Lane, Orlando FL on Google Maps. You can see that WL is only a half mile or so max away. No idea what the sides of the road are like, or if they are lit at that time of the day.

From PORS you could walk/run over to POFQ, a host resort. From Epcot you could walk out the International Gateway and over to the Beach/Yacht club (which ever is the host resort). From either of those get the bus to WWoS.

joel_maxwell

I am still thinking about getting from AKL to DWWoS that evening. Maybe a cab is in my future.

-dave
Come on over to POFQ and ride the bus. I would hate to have to call a cab.

From PORS you could walk/run over to POFQ, a host resort. From Epcot you could walk out the International Gateway and over to the Beach/Yacht club (which ever is the host resort). From either of those get the bus to WWoS.
Ah. Ill walk over to POFQ and then take freebie trans. Thanks :wave: I forgot POFQ was a host resort

Also, I need to go back through my registration emails, but isnt there a bag check at WWoS and then they transport those bags to Epcot finish for pickup? That would prevent me from having to rent a locker that morning with all my gear in it; AND keeping up with that little key.

I think I recall someone telling me that is how they do bag check at a start/finish at 2 separate locations.

Andrew54

Original Poster
Cab. WL isn't on the monorail loop. And I believe you will expected to be there before the 7 AM start time, maybe by like 6:30. There is a chance you could get the character breakfast bus which might be running by about 6:30, but once again, you might not get there in time.

Or, just walk over. The course description says it starts on Topiary Lane. That is a small road that looks like it starts over by the TTC, and runs to World Drive. Check out Topiary Lane, Orlando FL on Google Maps. You can see that WL is only a half mile or so max away. No idea what the sides of the road are like, or if they are lit at that time of the day.

I'm sorry I mean cab over to a monorail stop.
I guess looking at Google Maps it makes most sense to just walk down to the start/finish line before race.

dreamfinder

Come on over to POFQ and ride the bus. I would hate to have to call a cab.

Ah. Ill walk over to POFQ and then take freebie trans. Thanks :wave: I forgot POFQ was a host resort

Also, I need to go back through my registration emails, but isnt there a bag check at WWoS and then they transport those bags to Epcot finish for pickup? That would prevent me from having to rent a locker that morning with all my gear in it; AND keeping up with that little key.

I think I recall someone telling me that is how they do bag check at a start/finish at 2 separate locations.

They will do a bag check. And they will bring it from the start to the finish. Recently they have only been accepting the drawstring bags they pass out at registration at the bag check. (Clear plastic or drawstring mesh depending on the race) Assuming the bags will be brought into Epcot based off the course description, security will be checking them all when you try to turn them in. So nothing sketchy. They should then toss em in a truck, and bring em to the finish area.

Yeah..but you you think they would close the roads to the TTC?

More info will probablly come out closer to the race. But any road closures I imagine will go from TTC to MK. So that stretch of World drive perhaps. TTC should be ok.

joel_maxwell

They will do a bag check. And they will bring it from the start to the finish. Recently they have only been accepting the drawstring bags they pass out at registration at the bag check. (Clear plastic or drawstring mesh depending on the race) Assuming the bags will be brought into Epcot based off the course description, security will be checking them all when you try to turn them in. So nothing sketchy. They should then toss em in a truck, and bring em to the finish area.
Hmmm, well, in that case, I guess Ill leave my phone in the room and possibly keep my room key with me and just have a change of clothes in the bag. The last thing I need is for my room key to get lost.

I was thinking of wearing my water belt anyway.

You know, it is going to be extremely hard to walk from the WS to the entrance through FW to leave later that night and not be able to visit some of the E-tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom