Mickey's Broken Leg

dandaman

goofyfan13 said:
I will also come out and doubt the second part. Remember, cartoon characters heal remarkably fast...:lol:

Exactly. Why do you think Wile E. Coyote can fall off a cliff every episode?

...I hear he has insurance, though... :lookaroun

CrashNet

Actually, Mickey did sprain his ankle at the beginning of Fantasmic! one night. It was bad enough that they had to bring out a stretcher and take him off stage. A friend of mine who plays Ariel in the show said that because Mickey was injured at the beginning of the show, they canceled the entire show to keep character integrity. I mean, it would look a little strange to kids if Mickey hurt his leg and then showed up ten seconds later bouncing around like always. :lol: But when something happens like that, Mickey is better the next day. :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
extremely untrue... how do I know this?

Cause every day for the last 23 years that I've seen Mickey in the parks, he's never worn a cast.

SpenceMan01

I remember reading about how one night Mickey came running out at the beginning of Fantasmic and just as did the little hop to start the "Mickey Dance", he broke/sprained/injured his leg/ankle and they cut the lights and stopped the show.

I have never heard anything about a cast, however.

mkt

Premium Member
there was no cast... I know the performer. Mickey even gave a thumbs up to signify he was OK.

mkt

Premium Member
I might be wrong on this one, but I believe the CM that took that fall was a pregnant woman

Galen

I remember that day. I was restocking the ice cream cart in Coaster Courtyard when I heard a hugh gasp come from there. On the radio, we were told to get off stage asap and let the entertainment cast deal with it. My head manager was studio manager and was called to guest relations that night. He said that over 300 comp tickets where given out because it was claimed that a cast member said, "Show's over. Mickey's dead. Time to go home".

coltow

My sister was there

My sister was there a night that Mickey broke his leg. It's probably the same story you heard. At the very beginning of the show when MM pops out from the floor, his leg got caught. They immediately turned the lights OFF to remove MM from the stage and then said there would be a delay. She said the show started about 10 minutes later as if nothing happened.

My sister was there for the college program at the time which is how she found out that MM's leg got caught and was broken.

boo52

mkt said:
I might be wrong on this one, but I believe the CM that took that fall was a pregnant woman
Yes she was. She really didn't break her leg, but she did end up with a torn ACL.

mpaul32001

I really doubt they would do this...Maybe at WDW but not every park around the World CM's like to tell stories....By the Way, 200th POST!

robynchic

boo52 said:
Yes she was. She really didn't break her leg, but she did end up with a torn ACL.

She also had to take a leave of absence for some period of time (I'm not sure how long), but she's back now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom