News Mickeys Backyard BBQ closing

tl77

I’ve seen rumors on other site that Hoop dee doo May be the next to go. Anyone know if there is any credibility to that rumor. With Circle D Ranch be changed as well? They all hold so much history. It’ll be sad to see any of them go.
If this video from 2016 is still what they plan to build, then The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is outside this construction site, and the images from the video fit inside the permit that was filed in March, but both River County and the Backyard BBQ pavillion are inside this construction area

River Country Permit1.jpg

Biff215

If this video from 2016 is still what they plan to build, then The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is outside this construction site, and the images from the video fit inside the permit that was filed in March, but both River County and the Backyard BBQ pavillion are inside this construction area

View attachment 307962

Looks like the stables are also affected?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
How come you had to mention HDDR? Trying to jinx things? Can you edit the OP and remove the reference to HDDR....it would make me feel better.

tl77

Looks like the stables are also affected?
Yes, the current stables would also be removed or relocated if they go ahead with this plan.

I have a bad feeling it may all go though, because the 1850's, Old West, "log cabin" look of The Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Crockett's Tavern buildings don't really with tie in with this Mid century, 1950's California Nation Park Lodge hotel from the video, but? the new Riviera hotel doesn't look anything like the rest of The Caribbean Beach Resort, and at one point the Luau Cove Theater at the Poly was going to get replace by that DVC, but then the plan changed... so maybe Hoop Dee Doo is safe

The one silver lining to that video for me is that the main "swimmin' hole" pond from River Country would be saved and transformed into the main pool for that new resort, it's the final image in the video

raymusiccity

Yes, the current stables would also be removed or relocated if they go ahead with this plan.

I have a bad feeling it may all go though, because the 1850's, Old West, "log cabin" look of The Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Crockett's Tavern buildings don't really with tie in with this Mid century, 1950's California Nation Park Lodge hotel from the video, but? the new Riviera hotel doesn't look anything like the rest of The Caribbean Beach Resort, and at one point the Luau Cove Theater at the Poly was going to get replace by that DVC, but then the plan changed... so maybe Hoop Dee Doo is safe

The one silver lining to that video for me is that the main "swimmin' hole" pond from River Country would be saved and transformed into the main pool for that new resort, it's the final image in the video

Last time we looked, the old ticket booths were still back behind the BBQ:(
rivercountry.jpg

Jambo Joe

They're determined to put character dining into the Artist Point space, why they wouldn't just create a MBYBBQ-like experience and combine it with Whispering Canyon is beyond me. Leaving Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe hotel where people pay $400+/night without a real sit-downing experience, is crazy.
I agree completely - feels like they are giving up trying to create a ‘go to’ signature dining spot in WL. I mean they have the amazing food choices and local wines of the Pacific Northwest to play with - and they have been unable to create the equivalent of Jiko with that? You have a huge ready made customer base from the other Seven Seas/Bay Lake resorts and crowds pouring out of MK. Seems like a no brainer.

admiralDax

It's the "at this time" wording I don't like. Meaning it could happen down the road.....
This is just my opinion. There is more here than meets the eye - meaning that the DVC will be phase one in a bigger project that includes a relocated HDDR, BBQ, and perhaps another show or two. Re-alignment and redesigns from an old rumored project called Wilderness Junction. BBQ had to go right away to make room for DVC. Again, just my opinion.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hope it comes back bigger and better than before.

I enjoy the dinner shows. I think Disney should have a few more. I'd love to see a Victorian Era styled show at the GF, and/or a Speakeasy/Prohibition type show on the Boardwalk (not necessarily talking a gangster theme - although some elements would be alluded to).

I think there is a lot they could do with those.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hope it comes back bigger and better than before.

I enjoy the dinner shows. I think Disney should have a few more. I'd love to see a Victorian Era styled show at the GF, and/or a Speakeasy/Prohibition type show on the Boardwalk (not necessarily talking a gangster theme - although some elements would be alluded to).

I think there is a lot they could do with those.
Yeah, and maybe a dinner show themed around a 1930's global exploration society...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom