Mickey Statues in Washington D.C.

pluto77

Original Poster
Hi, I'm pretty new here as I've only been here for a couple weeks, but I'm already addicted to these boards :D . I hope it's okay to post this here.

My parents and nephew just came back from washington d.c. and i was surprised to see their pictures. The 75 Mickey statues that started out in the Magic Kingdom were at Washington D.C.! I've been reading about it and I guess there was a 76th made by a d.c. artist. I think that Washington D.C. was one of the only places besides disney world and disneyland that all of them were being displayed together too. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's pretty cool that the mickey statues were being displayed at the same place as the Washington Monument, War memorials, and other American Icons. I think it says a lot for Disney, I mean I can't imagine 76 Spongebob statues down the row of Washington D.C. :lol: :lol:

maxime29

Premium Member
I remembered they were suppost to be displayed in DC, but I forgot when. Too bad I'm not back home in order to see them.

imagineerfan

I was in Washington DC and saw them today too! I was there around 12:30 pm. They were soooo many really cool statues to see. My favorite was Regis's. GO IRISH! :D

Bosoxfan

I was looking at the tour dates and im wondering if anyone knows if the mickeys are going to portland, oregon or portland, maine. Thanks for your help.
nevermind i just noticed that said 2004.

pluto77

Original Poster
Chux said:
I live in Annapolis, DC is a scant 45 minute drive, where did you see them again?
I'm not exactly sure, because it was actually my parents that saw them, not me, but I think they said they were by the ronald reagan building and the international trade center. Actually that's what http://www.digitalcity.com/washington/entertainment/venue.adp?sbid=102183642 says too so that should be right.

Fantasmic!329 said:
Ooh, ya think they'll be there at the end of July/beginning of Aug.?!? I'll be in DC then and I want to see them!
Sorry, I think they're only going to be in DC until the end of April. But somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Chux

Me and My girlfriend, and maybe my brother, are gonna go check them out next saturday. I believe they're gonna be on display til the 30th, then up to NYC for an auction, so this is the last time to see them all together.

pluto77

Original Poster
imagineer99 said:
dude...

WAY AHEAD OF YOU ;)

As was mentioned, they're right off the Federal Triangle metro stop in front of the International Trade Center.

:hammer:

hehe :D sorry I did do a little search on this topic, but I'll do a better one next time.

vilegirl

They're great. I went to see them last weekend. I saw them at WDW last April, but wanted to see them again since I only live 35 minutes away. :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

i plan on going to see the statues on Sun. (along with the remnants of the Cherry Blossoms) i think its a good way to play around with the new digital camera :) looking foward to seeing them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom