Mickey Shaped Pizza

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
I looked for it when I was there in October of last year. I couldn't find it anywhere so I figured that I would pose the question to the group. I am taking family there in November that have never been there before and I thought that pizza like Mickey would be great. i hope someone knows where I can find it.

cm1988

Bring back the bad stuff!

Originally posted by Kellylynn322
I looked for it when I was there in October of last year. I couldn't find it anywhere so I figured that I would pose the question to the group. I am taking family there in November that have never been there before and I thought that pizza like Mickey would be great. i hope someone knows where I can find it.
Before the Mickey pizza, all of the theme parks and Downtown Disney (then the Village) served rectangular slices of deep dish pizza. Toppings varied slightly by location, though all offered cheese and pepperoni - though some added really evil mini-meatballs of sausage. Each slice had about a quarter pound of mozzarella!

Most of the time, the crust was doughy, crunchy and chewy all at once! Incredible stuff with more cholesterol than you could possibly imagine. :sohappy:

I'm sure the current Mickey pizzas (available in the other parks) are healthier, particularly when you only get about a half-dozen thin slices of pepperoni per pizza! :(

Sorry... the theme parks are not currently the places to go for great pizza... but that will change. Menus and recipes change constantly, which of course is one of the things that adds a bit to the fun.

sig

Re: Bring back the bad stuff!

Originally posted by cm1988

Sorry... the theme parks are not currently the places to go for great pizza... but that will change. Menus and recipes change constantly, which of course is one of the things that adds a bit to the fun.

Had a great veggie pizza at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom it was spinach, tomatoe and pesto mmmmmm!

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by Kellylynn322
Since they closed Pasta Piaza does anyone know if you can still get Mickey Shaped Pizza in the parks?

You can get Mickey-shaped pizza at the Plaza in Tomorrowland. It's basically the same type, and very very yummy!

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
Re: Re: Mickey Shaped Pizza

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988

You can get Mickey-shaped pizza at the Plaza in Tomorrowland. It's basically the same type, and very very yummy!

Thank you. I will defintely check there when I go.

DisneyPhD

I want to try the Pizza Burgers you can get at DL Paris someday. Who knows when I will get to Paris, so I will have to settal for Mickey shapped Pizza at WDW next spring.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Hyperion93
Mickey Shaped Pepperonis...that's what they need....:lol:

I think at the Polynesian Resort -- I can't remember where it is, really... But anyways... when you check into your room and look at the pizza menu in your room -- look at the cover of it and you'll see three pieces of pepperoni that looks like a mickey head. :)

Come to think of it, I have seen this on the pizza delivery menu at Port Orleans. I remember that.. :)

cm1988

Re: Re: Bring back the bad stuff!

Originally posted by sig

Had a great veggie pizza at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom it was spinach, tomatoe and pesto mmmmmm!
Yeah, they're great, just not truly evil dripping with cheese and grease and crusty and doughy and chewy all at once as the infamous 'combo pizza' once was.

It is a good crust there at Pizzafari; also chewy and dusted with corn meal. I need to stick with the veggie pizzas these days and only reminisce about the others.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom