Mickey Mouse Rumor

DARREN DOOZER

Original Poster
Years ago when I was just a lad I am sure that I heard that Mickey would only appear in one place at one time anywhere in the world.
This was along time ago when there was only probably California & Florida parks. I know its not the case now but was it true & did anyone else hear it????

kcnole

I don't know that I've ever heard that but they do work very hard to make sure that Mickey does not appear at more than one location in the park at the same time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, unless Mickey has twin brothers, he can only appear at one place at a time. After all, he is just a mouse....not a costume or anything like that...

(Reminder....lets not ruin the magic for some....)

RiversideBunny

Years ago when I was just a lad I am sure that I heard that Mickey would only appear in one place at one time anywhere in the world.
This was along time ago when there was only probably California & Florida parks. I know its not the case now but was it true & did anyone else hear it????

Depending on how one defines it, I don't think that is true.
For example in EPCOT Mickey could be at:

1. The Character Meet and Greet
2. The Garden Grill restaurant
3. In the World Showcase area

All at the same time.
Of course, no guest could see all three at once.

:)

ToTBellHop

There is only one Mickey Mouse, however they do make sure only one person takes on the role of the mouse at any park at any time. That creates some curious situations, however, as at least 3 of the parks (not sure about MGM) have character meals featuring the Mouse, so is he not on stage in the park when he's at a character meal? I don't know, as I've never been at both a character meal and Mickey's location in a park at the same time. Haven't quite learned how to Apparate...

I think they just make it so you could not realistically happen upon two Mickeys within 5 minutes or so of each other. Like, you would definitely not find a Mickey around Splash Mountain and another around Pirates of the Caribbean.

JimboJones123

My daughter (4 at the time) caught on to this last year. We had Cape May for breakfast, and took the boat directly to MGM, and sure enough Chip/Dale were under the hat. We later went to early dinner at the Land, and they were there too. They could do to spread the characters out better. This is where newer characters help. Seeing Stitch in a few places where the fab 5 used to be is nice.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Dont get hung up on the fact that there is only one Mickey Mouse.....there is also this thing called Pixie Dust that when added to the equation, makes most anything possible.

I became convinced that this was still true when I recently saw the Dream Along with Mickey show at the Magic Kingdom...because Mickey only shows up several minutes into the show (he's late to his own party?!?)

They do a good job making it part of the show, but I think it's because he makes an appearance elsewhere and they need to use some very fast moving pixie dust to get him from one part of the park to the castle stage.

Since1976

This really concerns me. What if my youngster is having lunch with Mickey, and calls Uncle Steve who is on Main Street shaking hands with Mickey, and then Little Rosie Sue calls to say she met Mickey at Camp Mickey-Minnie!

It's too much for a parent to bear!!

:lol:

(not mocking the original poster, just bringing up a plausible but funny scenario)

RiversideBunny

Mickey's pretty good at changing clothes quickly, too.

Sometimes he's dressed as Farmer Mickey, sometimes just his normal attire, sometimes Santa Mickey, sometimes Colonial Mickey, etc.

:)

rtiller

I was a little surprised when my sister and I were looking for the photo-op location in Future World for Visa card holders. We went into Character Connection first and saw Pluto and Donald and Mickey...then we went next door to where the card holder location was. Guess who we saw?

I knew there were underground tunnels at MK but not Epcot...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom