Mickey Mouse Crocs for Christmas!

Safari Princess

Ugh. Crocs are the new Birkenstock's... sandals worn in places where you shouldn't wear sandals. Like fancy restaurants and weddings. (Yes I have witnessed both of these Fashion tragedy's)

I have one question though... did they have to combine ugly colors with ugly shoes? couldn't they have chosen one or the other? Especially the yellow ones. Mickey called... he wants his shoes back. :brick:

ohh i hated those crocs with a passion and then i saw the mickey ones, read how great they were for walking at the parks and HAD to have them..lol I got the white and pink ones for x-mas and the red and black for the b/f. I went "walking" the other day to try them out and see if they hurt for my short walk and i loved them.. they are at the top of my packing list for disney!

I love those pics of the new ones!

kathleena

Ugh. Crocs are the new Birkenstock's... sandals worn in places where you shouldn't wear sandals. Like fancy restaurants and weddings. (Yes I have witnessed both of these Fashion tragedy's)
I wear Birks all the time because of problems with my feet and ankles. They are the only shoes that I am comfortable in. Sorry you think this is a "fashion tragedy". Perhaps you would like to trade places with me and see how it feels?

mrtoad

Crocs questions. Everybody says they are comfortable but to me it looks like you would get blisters, anyone have that happen? Also, do your feet sweat like crazy and get all slippery inside them? I would think since they are all rubber the sweat can't be absorbed and would get slippery. Is that the case?

Thanks!

SewIn2Disney

Crocs questions. Everybody says they are comfortable but to me it looks like you would get blisters, anyone have that happen? Also, do your feet sweat like crazy and get all slippery inside them? I would think since they are all rubber the sweat can't be absorbed and would get slippery. Is that the case?

Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing. I tried on a pair of Target knock off's, and they didn't feel "wonderful" as everyone puts it. I would think crocs would be perfect for the parks because they can get wet, and seem airy enough, but the feet sweat thing would bother me.

Do any of you wear them with socks? Or is that like a no-no?

cdunbar

I have a friend who loves them I mean and he and I both work in labs on a constant basis and he says that they keep your feet warm and they don't sweat apparenly:veryconfu though I dunno if I believe that or not I mean Ive seen the guy spill chemicals on them and they still survive, though I'm not really a believer b/c I tried them on and they really hurt I also have extremely funny feet! :cry:

jesserin

I have one question though... did they have to combine ugly colors with ugly shoes? couldn't they have chosen one or the other? Especially the yellow ones. Mickey called... he wants his shoes back. :brick:

:lol: This made me laugh... lol the old debate, but usually people from Florida get the whole "sandals everywhere thing" I wear flip flops to weddings. And most definately restaurants. The only place I don't wear flip flops to is the gym. :lookaroun And if I could manage that, I probably would. ;) But... I'm not the only one or the oddball... if you wear anything other than flip flops around here, you're the odd man out. :lol:

smk

I wear Crocs everywhere, to work, to the mall, I even have Crocs flip flops. I always wear socks (no, not with the flip flops) but I do know those who don't wear socks and they don't have a problem with sweaty feet. The beauty of Crocs is they are anti bacterial and anti fungal, they never smell and can get wet (washed) and never ruin. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Try 'em, you'll like 'em!:)

DisneyMarg

Stay away from most of the crocs knock-offs. Well, you can have them if they are cute or match your cute outfit, but the knock-offs are not nearly as comfortable as the real thing. There is a real difference. I first read about crocs on this board about two years ago, got two pairs for my birthday that year (red and black). I now have 4 pair and love them. I'm guilty of wearing them inappropriately (church), for which some fuddy-duddy said to me, "well, my wife has a pair of those but she only wears them in the garden"

My feet don't ever sweat and I've never gotten a blister. I can stand in them for hours and not get tired. However, two things... I don't like to wear mine without socks because it makes my toenails turn yellow. I think I must rub my toes on the top of the shoe or something. It's wierd. Other people say they don't have this problem. Must just be me. The other wierd thing is that on my left foot, with one of my new crocs, my sock immediately turns upside down (heel on top). I can put on the sock and the croc and walk down the hall and boom, the heel is on top. I have put insoles in them and that solved the problem.

One other thing, I bought a pair of knock offs from LL Bean. They are narrower than regular crocs and were cheaper. They are every bit as comfortable as real crocs, except not as roomy (which is a plus to some people). Also, the straps snap off and on and I tend to accidentally snap mine off as I walk sometimes. But if you want to try them out without spending the $$, you can get a very good idea with the Bean ones.

Sorry this is so long. You hit on one of the many topics I could go on and on about......

Dwarful

Oh great! I am going to have to add one more fundraiser to cover the cost of buying 11 pairs of these new crocs for the girl scout extended trip. I can see that will be the first "souvineer" the girls get!

We went 12-22 12-30 with our extended family and had to search high and low to find the Disney crocs in the sizes we needed for the 6 kids aged 5-16. Everyplace from MK to Epcot to Downtown Disney..finally managed to get them all a pair. Didn't get all of the first color choices but they were happy getting them. I have ordered the Disney Charms but haven't gotten them yet.
None of the Hallmark stores or other specialty shops in our area that carry the real Crocs have the Disney crocs. But for my kids part of the fun was getting them at Disney.

CMickeyEars

Hey PixyDust, where did you find these? Are they available for purchase or are these pictures of what's "coming soon"? Either way please tell us where you found them before I die from suspense!!! :p

Thanks!!
Carla

PixyDust

I got the pics at a Surf N Dirt store (used to be No Fear). They have a website www.surfanddirt.com. They are not yet available, but should be by Spring from what the sales clerk told me.

I'm looking forward to getting a pair myself, though I might just end up with the red and black Mickey ones. I already have a light blue pair and a gold pair and wear them all the time. Having the Mickey cutouts would just finish it off!

SewIn2Disney

Just got back last night from WDW.....and I broke down and bought the crocs while there. I must say, I wore them one day when we were out and about from 8 am until midnight, hit three of the four parks, and two different resorts.....had them on all day and my feet felt wonderful after such a long day. I am now among the list of believers. We saw a bunch of people with the charms and I was wondering what was up with that until I saw your link, I might have to order them now too! I got the black crocs with the red strap....and they are now my favorite pair of shoes! If your on the fence about buying a pair I say go for it--your feet will be thrilled!!

Ciciwoowoo

I tried to order mine from crocs.com last night, and all the adult sizes were out of stock. I put my name on the list to be notified when they are back in stock!

*crosses my fingers this happens soon*

DisneyPhD

We all got Mickey Crocs for Christmas this year. Mine were the pearl and pink, the girls were pink and pearl and DH was black and red. We wore them all around the parks and they got a lot of attention. We saw a lot of them around WDW too (and normal crocs also.) Some people had a dark purple that I have not seen on line. A few stores at WDW had them in limited sizes and colors.

PixyDust, thanks so much for posting the pictures. They look like they have cloth tops on them. Is this true? I am not sure I like them as much as the Mickey ones. Before we left I noticed Toys R Us had kid ones that weren't crocs, but knock offs. They had Disney Princess on them though. They were only $10 too.

Surf and Dirt now has Disney Jibitz too. I am thinking about getting some. We ordered our shoes from them and they came so fast.

VT GAL

Sorry to bump this thread...

Hi!

I am sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to let people who live near Richmond, VA know that Saxon Shoes has a large selection of the Disney Crocs for adults and kids.

I was so excited to find them, I thought I would post about it!

SewIn2Disney

Has anyone seen the new Crocs that PixyDust took pictures of out yet? I've been waiting to get the vintage minnie ones, but they're not even shown on the Crocs website yet.
Sorry to bump an old thread.....but I need those shoes!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom