Mickey Mouse at Daytona 500

Cuseorng1

Original Poster
Most of you already know this from previous post, but it has been made offical. Below is the article:

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at D-A-Y-T-O-N-A: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck will lead the parade lap before next year's Daytona 500 under terms of a new deal between International Speedway Corp. and the Walt Disney Co., today's Sports Business Daily reports. Editor-at-Large Terry Lefton says the joint licensing program will put the Disney logos on two Chevrolet Monte Carlos leading the field. The program also will combine Daytona 500 logos with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Peg Leg Pete. Diecast cars from Team Caliber will also be sold in hobby stores, through trackside vendors and on QVC and NASCAR.com. Apparel licensees include Kudzu for caps and Jerry Leigh for women's and children's clothing. Paul Phipps, ISC's vice president for sales and marketing, is projecting $20 million to $25 million in wholesale sales for the venture, which the story says is initially for a single year. A "Road to Daytona" mobile marketing program will include five Monte Carlos with Disney art on them, along with a 53-foot merchandise trailer.(

Badger Brent

I can't wait until the merch. comes out. It combines my two favs in life, racing and disney... Not much into diecasts, but will buy some shirts and hats.:sohappy:

Debbie

I can't wait for the season to start! I will probably get all the diecast if they are not too expensive. It's about time two of the biggest attractions in Florida get together.

Badger Brent

Thanks Cuseorng1!! I go to this site a couple times a week and never really went into the store. I can direct my wife and kids to this and I think my x-mas wish list is filled. I mainly follow Matt Kenseth and collect his collectables. Ya gotta draw the line somewhere on how much you can collect.:lol: Thanks again!!

Badger Brent

Sorry, but does anyone know when this merchandise will be available at WDW? I would love to pick this up while I'm down there. The Nascar.com site has delivery in 3=4 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom