Mickey Mouse Allegedly Too Scared to Visit Universal Orlando (READ THE FULL ARTICLE)

Wendy Pleakley

I hate these articles that turn the most minor thing, a moderately amusing joke about cats eating the Disney mice, into a full article to generate clicks and shares.

This is not worthy of an article or a discussion (that I'm ironically contributing to).

Tom Morrow

Well now I'm curious. Did Voldemort start his own theme parks blog or something?

He'd probably make a better theme park news site than Double You Dee Double You News Today

For those who don't know, that site posts a lot of false rumors and hearsay as official fact. They've been a major source of headache for theme park employees, management, etc, for a long time. They've also actively tried to get theme park employees in trouble over extremely petty reasons.

InsideTheMagic continually posts clickbait meant to stir up arguments and controversy.

OG Runner

He'd probably make a better theme park news site than Double You Dee Double You News Today

For those who don't know, that site posts a lot of false rumors and hearsay as official fact. They've been a major source of headache for theme park employees, management, etc, for a long time. They've also actively tried to get theme park employees in trouble over extremely petty reasons.

InsideTheMagic continually posts clickbait meant to stir up arguments and controversy.

I am sorry, but I need to disagree. If you have insomnia and listen to Double You Dee Double You New Today, (You get the
trademark rights to that one Tom), it will put you to sleep right away. It has it's uses.

mergatroid

https:///2021/05/mickey-mouse-universal-ad1/
If you have seen Universal Orlando’s Twitter account, you already know that the company loves to poke fun at Disney World, so hearing this story only continued to prove true to their sense of humor. The Team Member asked me if I had ever seen Mickey or Minnie at Universal before. Of course, I responded that I had not! He proceeded to tell me that Universal was actually having a meeting with the real Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse to sign a contract that would allow the mice to appear at their competitions theme parks, as well as their own.

Right away, I was laughing at the thought that Mickey and Minnie would not only be willing to come to Universal but wanted to work for them — and then the best part of the story came along. “But, the meeting never happened,” the Team Member continued, “Want to know why?” I nodded my head as the Team Member explained to me that they were too scared that Cat in the Hat would eat them! So apparently, that is why Guests never see Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse at Universal.

Not only is this story hilarious, but it probably is a great way to explain to little kids why Mickey and Minnie are not there. When kids go on vacation to Orlando, they often just assume that everything is Disney World and Mickey Mouse will pop out around every corner. Of course, Mickey would not be at Universal due to licensing agreements (Mickey Mouse belongs at Disney Parks!), but this story is a much more fun way to explain that situation.
There's a reason this person is working in a theme park rather than making money as a comedian, can you guess what it is? :D

Tonto

https:///2021/05/mickey-mouse-universal-ad1/

Universal Orlando Resort is a fantastic theme park resort, from its thrilling rides and immersive lands, all the way down to their Team Members who rope Guests into the experience with immersive storytelling!

Recently, we reported on an incredibly fun and hilarious story that we experienced on our way to Universal Orlando Resort. Universal security stopped us to let us know that if we eat bananas within 24 hours of visiting either Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure, we would get licked by minions — to read more on that story, click here.

After we were done cackling from the tale security passed along to us, our security officer and Team Member continued to chat to us about another story, but this one was about Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse!

If you have seen Universal Orlando’s Twitter account, you already know that the company loves to poke fun at Disney World, so hearing this story only continued to prove true to their sense of humor. The Team Member asked me if I had ever seen Mickey or Minnie at Universal before. Of course, I responded that I had not! He proceeded to tell me that Universal was actually having a meeting with the real Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse to sign a contract that would allow the mice to appear at their competitions theme parks, as well as their own.

Right away, I was laughing at the thought that Mickey and Minnie would not only be willing to come to Universal but wanted to work for them — and then the best part of the story came along. “But, the meeting never happened,” the Team Member continued, “Want to know why?” I nodded my head as the Team Member explained to me that they were too scared that Cat in the Hat would eat them! So apparently, that is why Guests never see Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse at Universal.

Not only is this story hilarious, but it probably is a great way to explain to little kids why Mickey and Minnie are not there. When kids go on vacation to Orlando, they often just assume that everything is Disney World and Mickey Mouse will pop out around every corner. Of course, Mickey would not be at Universal due to licensing agreements (Mickey Mouse belongs at Disney Parks!), but this story is a much more fun way to explain that situation.
At Universal now. This place is a crepe hole. Sorry just how I feel. The customer service is CRAP here, consistently. This place is closer to a plussed up Six Flags than a world class theme park. Just my opinion. What happened to this place and please don’t tell me COVID.
As long as they keep popping in a coaster or 2 I suspect people won’t care but I do. I’m done with Uni for the time being. They need a major investment in a digital infrastructure to improve their theme park experience. They also need to improve the upkeep of all of their rides. Not saying things are perfect at Disney, but the differences in the 2 parks were noticeable to me.

JT3000

At Universal now. This place is a crepe hole. Sorry just how I feel. The customer service is CRAP here, consistently. This place is closer to a plussed up Six Flags than a world class theme park. Just my opinion. What happened to this place and please don’t tell me COVID.
As long as they keep popping in a coaster or 2 I suspect people won’t care but I do. I’m done with Uni for the time being. They need a major investment in a digital infrastructure to improve their theme park experience. They also need to improve the upkeep of all of their rides. Not saying things are perfect at Disney, but the differences in the 2 parks were noticeable to me.
Ooh, a Six Flags comparison. Haven't had one of those in a long while. Almost makes me nostalgic for the old days on WDWMagic.

Almost.

some other guy

mmm... crepes

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

I dont know what that has to do with a not so serious article but....okay.

Tonto

Ooh, a Six Flags comparison. Haven't had one of those in a long while. Almost makes me nostalgic for the old days on WDWMagic.

Almost.
Dude, come here and tell me otherwise. Dirty as hell, beat up rides. Have you been here recently. Like I said Disney ain’t perfect but this place is a low class e hole! You can have it.

OG Runner

Dude, come here and tell me otherwise. Dirty as hell, beat up rides. Have you been here recently. Like I said Disney ain’t perfect but this place is a low class ****e hole! You can have it.

I have said it before and it should be repeated. Neither Disney or Universal is as good, or as bad, as "some people" describe them to be.
Considering the size of both, if you go over them with a fine tooth comb you are going to find something wrong. Also if they have something you were looking for, you will think it was great. I have been to both Disney & Universal, what I would consider recently and
neither is perfect and at the same time neither is a ****e hole!

JT3000

Dude, come here and tell me otherwise. Dirty as hell, beat up rides. Have you been here recently. Like I said Disney ain’t perfect but this place is a low class ****e hole! You can have it.
I don't need to "come here" to tell you anything. You're talking to an Orlandoan who is usually an AP holder and visits frequently, when there isn't a pandemic going on of course. I've been in those parks more times than you've blinked today. I don't need to drag myself out there to know they aren't remotely comparable to a Six Flags, "plussed up" or otherwise. That's Disney fanboy rhetoric of the highest order, something I thought this forum had finally moved past, but evidently not.
Denial just a ain’t River…….:
I have no idea what an "ain't river" is, so I guess I'll have to take your word for it. :bored: Man, I hope they're not paying you for this effort.

Tonto

I don't need to "come here" to tell you anything. You're talking to an Orlandoan who is usually an AP holder and visits frequently, when there isn't a pandemic going on of course. I've been in those parks more times than you've blinked today. I don't need to drag myself out there to know they aren't remotely comparable to a Six Flags, "plussed up" or otherwise. That's Disney fanboy rhetoric of the highest order, something I thought this forum had finally moved past, but evidently not.

I have no idea what an "ain't river" is, so I guess I'll have to take your word for it. :bored: Man, I hope they're not paying you for this effort.
We are all allowed our opinions. This isn’t a Disney vs Universal argument just my opinions. I’m in the parks frequently and love them both, but at least Disney had the brains and ethics not to open up full blown without proper staffing post Covid. Universal just opened up without a plan and a lack of staffing. Let me be clear when I say Universal, I also mean Lowe’s. I can share all of the short comings of this trip but quite frankly itmakes for a better conversation than texting back and forth.

Rides are great. Customer service, logistics suck, and that is what I’m comparing to six flags not the attractions. This has never been Uni’s strong point and I think most people who have visited the parks would agree with this.

champdisney

This explains what happened to Fievel and Tanya to a T... they’ve been sitting in the pit of The Cat in the Hat’s stomach.

Mystery solved!

OG Runner

Cats will be cats! Now should we ask would The Cat in the Hat be afraid to go to Disney World? They do have Goofy & Pluto. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom