Mickey Mouse Allegedly Too Scared to Visit Universal Orlando (READ THE FULL ARTICLE)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
https:///2021/05/mickey-mouse-universal-ad1/

Universal Orlando Resort is a fantastic theme park resort, from its thrilling rides and immersive lands, all the way down to their Team Members who rope Guests into the experience with immersive storytelling!

Recently, we reported on an incredibly fun and hilarious story that we experienced on our way to Universal Orlando Resort. Universal security stopped us to let us know that if we eat bananas within 24 hours of visiting either Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure, we would get licked by minions — to read more on that story, click here.

After we were done cackling from the tale security passed along to us, our security officer and Team Member continued to chat to us about another story, but this one was about Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse!

If you have seen Universal Orlando’s Twitter account, you already know that the company loves to poke fun at Disney World, so hearing this story only continued to prove true to their sense of humor. The Team Member asked me if I had ever seen Mickey or Minnie at Universal before. Of course, I responded that I had not! He proceeded to tell me that Universal was actually having a meeting with the real Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse to sign a contract that would allow the mice to appear at their competitions theme parks, as well as their own.

Right away, I was laughing at the thought that Mickey and Minnie would not only be willing to come to Universal but wanted to work for them — and then the best part of the story came along. “But, the meeting never happened,” the Team Member continued, “Want to know why?” I nodded my head as the Team Member explained to me that they were too scared that Cat in the Hat would eat them! So apparently, that is why Guests never see Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse at Universal.

Not only is this story hilarious, but it probably is a great way to explain to little kids why Mickey and Minnie are not there. When kids go on vacation to Orlando, they often just assume that everything is Disney World and Mickey Mouse will pop out around every corner. Of course, Mickey would not be at Universal due to licensing agreements (Mickey Mouse belongs at Disney Parks!), but this story is a much more fun way to explain that situation.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
I suggest everyone actually read the article instead of the title before commenting on it, lol.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
frustrated oh no GIF by Gordon Ramsay

jeanericuser001

Excuses for closed rides:
ET occasionally closes because ET needs to get his work visa from the MIB.
The MIB occasionally closes because ET has had too much butter beer and is making a scene.
Barney is closed because he decided to move on to jurassic park.
Twirl and hurl occasionally closes because the aliens encounter one too many asian visitors.
Fast and furious is closed because they blew a tire and need to call AAA for assistance.
Feival's playland is closed because he is visiting relatives at Disneyworld.
Gringotts is closed because the goblins need to count their gold.

OG Runner

The article in and of itself is pretty funny. I have to say though, I have never run into a Team Member or Cast Member as
"interactive" as the one in the article. It would be a great thing to experience.

Another excuse for a ride being down;
ET was closed because ET was doing a guest spot in a Star Wars Movie. (It is true!)

lebeau

The article in and of itself is pretty funny. I have to say though, I have never run into a Team Member or Cast Member as
"interactive" as the one in the article. It would be a great thing to experience.
Oh we definitely have. We've had some very involved conversations with Team Members.

OG Runner

Oh we definitely have. We've had some very involved conversations with Team Members.
I am glad you have had that experience. I have heard of people having great interactions with Team Members
and Cast Members in both of the major parks. I guess I am just jealous, as I have never had, what I would consider,
an exceptional interaction in either park.

lebeau

I am glad you have had that experience. I have heard of people having great interactions with Team Members
and Cast Members in both of the major parks. I guess I am just jealous, as I have never had, what I would consider,
an exceptional interaction in either park.
We have had TMs and CMs sit down with us while we ate. Which made me wonder, don't you have to be, you know, working? ;)

jeanericuser001

More excuses for closed rides:
Shrek is closed as the ghostbusters have caught Farquad.
Twisters is closed because the forecast says there is zero chance of rain.
Minion Mayhem is closed because they have not paid their power bill and need to use the treadmills to get the power back on.
Terminator 3d is closed because the terminator has gotten a computer virus.
Transformers is closed because the transformers need to have their rust removed.
The animal actors show is closed because someone let the dogs out.
Moes Tavern is closed due to a flaming moe accident.
Jaws is closed because Sherriff Brody has closed all boat traffic for today.
Earthquake is closed because the subway looks too much like a subway.
The mummy is closed because Imhotep has accidentally been unwrapped.
The tonight show with Jimmy Fallon is closed because Jimmy
The Hulk is closed because Hulk is undergoing court ordered anger management.
Spiderman is closed because Peter Parker actually needs to get some work done at the Bugle.
Popeye's bilge rat barges is closed because popeye ate some bad spinach.
Ripsaw Falls is closed because Dudley needs to shave his chin or else it will look like something else.
Velocicoaster is closed because Barney paid a visit to Jurassic Park and now the raptors are hunting him.
Jurassic Park River Adventure is closed because the t-rex has a tooth ache.
Hagrid's motorbike adventure is closed because Hagrid forgot to gas up the bike.
Poseidon's Fury is closed because Darkanon is mad he didn't get any trident gum.
One Fish Two Fish is closed because the fish have gotten dizzy from spinning around so much.
Storm Force Accelatron is closed because no one cares about it any ways so why bother opening it.

OG Runner

More excuses for closed rides:
Shrek is closed as the ghostbusters have caught Farquad.
Twisters is closed because the forecast says there is zero chance of rain.
Minion Mayhem is closed because they have not paid their power bill and need to use the treadmills to get the power back on.
Terminator 3d is closed because the terminator has gotten a computer virus.
Transformers is closed because the transformers need to have their rust removed.
The animal actors show is closed because someone let the dogs out.
Moes Tavern is closed due to a flaming moe accident.
Jaws is closed because Sherriff Brody has closed all boat traffic for today.
Earthquake is closed because the subway looks too much like a subway.
The mummy is closed because Imhotep has accidentally been unwrapped.
The tonight show with Jimmy Fallon is closed because Jimmy
The Hulk is closed because Hulk is undergoing court ordered anger management.
Spiderman is closed because Peter Parker actually needs to get some work done at the Bugle.
Popeye's bilge rat barges is closed because popeye ate some bad spinach.
Ripsaw Falls is closed because Dudley needs to shave his chin or else it will look like something else.
Velocicoaster is closed because Barney paid a visit to Jurassic Park and now the raptors are hunting him.
Jurassic Park River Adventure is closed because the t-rex has a tooth ache.
Hagrid's motorbike adventure is closed because Hagrid forgot to gas up the bike.
Poseidon's Fury is closed because Darkanon is mad he didn't get any trident gum.
One Fish Two Fish is closed because the fish have gotten dizzy from spinning around so much.
Storm Force Accelatron is closed because no one cares about it any ways so why bother opening it.

Softball over the middle of the plate. "Who Let the Dogs Out!!!" :D

jeanericuser001

I do know that once in a while they bring the dogs over to that park near the back to the future train. Its fun to see the trainers walking the dogs though you rarely get to see it happen very often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom