Mickey ears question

rufio

Original Poster
My fiance and I are getting married at Disney World in December and we're planning on getting the bride and groom Mickey ears and having them embroidered. I was just wondering, is there any difference in price if you get them online or in stores?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I found them on Disneystore.com with embroidery included for ~20 bucks. That's not a bad price at all.

I can't remember the park prices, but I think embroidery was $5 at DTD after ear purchase.

rufio

Original Poster
I found them on Disneystore.com with embroidery included for ~20 bucks. That's not a bad price at all.

I can't remember the park prices, but I think embroidery was $5 at DTD after ear purchase.

Thanks! I can't remember how much they cost in the stores.

lazyboy97o

There are two price points for embroidery. The more basic embroidery style, intended to somewhat mimic the now-gone hand embroidery, is cheaper than the bolder and more stylized embroidery.

maryszhi

i personally would wait til i got to the world so that you can get the old fashion embroidery instead of the modern. i believe there is not much of a difference

Dad 2 M & M

Oh! Well that's crappy. If that's the case, I definitely will be waiting til we're there.
Have you check to see if you could have them embroidered at a local embroidery shop? They would have many more options and might save you a buck or two...just a thought.

rufio

Original Poster
Have you check to see if you could have them embroidered at a local embroidery shop? They would have many more options and might save you a buck or two...just a thought.

That's very true! I'll definitely have to look into that! I know it's supposed to be "magical" to buy them in the store, but it's kind of out of the way to find a store that sells the ears that you want and then figuring out which stores actually embroider!

Dad 2 M & M

That's very true! I'll definitely have to look into that! I know it's supposed to be "magical" to buy them in the store, but it's kind of out of the way to find a store that sells the ears that you want and then figuring out which stores actually embroider!
My eldest "M" worked for an embrioderer during high school...they can really show you some creative things in most shops!!

SDisney90

No, there is no difference. Well, not in price anyways. It's more magical having it done it the parks. You get to watch them be embroidered. Then you prance around showing off your "ears." ♥ :D

That was what I was going to say, it will be much more magical if you embroid them together at the parks, it just makes it that much better. Congrats btw!

Poofiesdream

Same price. My daughter is getting married at Disney Oct 10th and we bought them the ears while on a visit earlier. Got them at DTD and had them embroidered at that time. Came home and found same price on line. We did get a discount at DTD because we have annual passes though. Congrads and enjoy your wedding and disneymoon!!:D

real mad hatter

Hi There,First congratulating on your choice of venue for your magical wedding,but it is imperative that you get your ears at WDW,and here's why.I remember going to a friends house warming party years ago,and their daughters bedroom was filled with Disney memrobilla.So I said to their little girl " Did you enjoy Disney " to which she replied " Oh I've never been,my mummy and daddy buys me the stuff from the Disney store in Glasgow " You know something ? The magic doesn't seem the same as getting it from the world.When I told her parents that seeing is believing and splash the cash.They booked a trip and they had a wonderful time,and yes,their daughter got her princess ears which are her pride & joy.:)

Disneydreamer23

what i can say is always wear the hats i was married in oct 11 and my husband & i went for 16 days we got free pop cookies candy fudge FP we were treated like royalty!

HouCuseChickie

I ordered the girls ears from the online store last year. I think I paid around $4 per set of ears for the embroidery. In my nearly 2,000 pics from the last trip- I can't seem to find any pics of the embroidery:p . If you want to see what it looks like from ordering online- let me know and I can take/upload some pics to this thread.

Wait- I found a partial pic. Sorry...not a great pic, but it should give you a good idea of what they'll do if you order online...

and another from farther back...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/6062297351/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom