Mickey at your wedding?

Debbie

Original Poster
Since we all seem to be so crazy 'bout the mouse, I was wondering if anyone else out there incorporated Disney into their weddings. I had the music from Main Street Electrical Parade played for our entrance song into our reception. My girlfriend had her husband wear Mickey suspenders with his groom's outfit.

Maria

Unless my Disney friends were able to fly here to my wedding, I wouldn´t have anything Disney related because it wouldn´t make any sense to anybody but me.

DisneyFreak

I wore a Mickey bow tie and my wife had a white purse with Mickey's head in sequence. We also had Minnie and Mickey on the top of our cake. And of course we went to WDW for the Honeymoon!;)

They only Disney thing we are incorporating are Disney champagne glasses for the toast (myself and soon-to-be hubby only). We are going to WDW for the honeymoon, though! :D

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by figmentcrazy
They only Disney thing we are incorporating are Disney champagne glasses for the toast (myself and soon-to-be hubby only).

Oh my God, how could I have forgotten those. They were a gift from my Mother's best friend who died of cancer 5 months before our wedding.

They have our names and the date of our wedding on them.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by figmentcrazy
Aren't those glasses fantastic, DisneyFreak?

I'm very sorry to here about the circumstances for your keepsakes, though... :(

They really are figgy (can I call you figgy?). It's nice to know that they still make them.

It was hard. She was so looking forward to the wedding. She had been in remission for four years and then it came back so aggressively. She had two sons and we all kind of grew up together. What was even worse is she was buried on her oldest sons Birthday.

markymark

I wore a Mickey Mouse tie and socks, and as we left the Register Office we were showered with ton's of Mickey confetti.

We really wanted to do the whole Disney wedding thing, but my Mum & Dad wanted my grandmother to be there and there is no way she could have managed the flight, so we just had a quiet wedding with family. It was a lovely day, but I would have really loved to have "done the deed" in wdw. Perhaps we could get a blessing or something done?

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

They really are figgy (can I call you figgy?). It's nice to know that they still make them.

It was hard. She was so looking forward to the wedding. She had been in remission for four years and then it came back so aggressively. She had two sons and we all kind of grew up together. What was even worse is she was buried on her oldest sons Birthday.

Yeah, you can call me figgy. ;)

That's really rough. Especially when she had been in remission for so long. I've lost someone through cancer as well, and it's never easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom