Mickey and the Magician coming to WDW?

cosmicgirl

It's a 60s dance craze like "The Swim".
"Hey everybody! Do the Swop!"

It's from that hit song "The Swop" by Swop Surfer and the Swopettes. A one hit wonder.
Googling the word would've cost you less effort than writing these posts.

noun
noun: swop
chiefly British spelling of swap
  1. 1.
    an act of exchanging one thing for another.
    "let's do a swap"
    synonyms:exchange, interchange, trade, barter, switch, trade-off, substitution
    "he was on the lookout for a job swap"

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

noun
  1. 1.
    "let's do a swap"

That explains why it topped the charts in the UK at #7.

lazyboy97o

Good to know!
The literal translation is: "Ratatouille, they're asking us for it but how could we import it into to the US?". This implies that they couldn't c&p it. I understood this as an imagineering, theming, or cultural hurdle but I guess I was wrong. Do you have any idea what he was referring to?
The presentation actually includes a great example, the upcoming closure to work on the floor. You can’t just copy and paste even with an identical show. Everything in the complex needs to be redesigned, or at least reassessed, for its new location. Since all that work needs to be done, it makes sense to correct and adjust based on issues that have popped up with the existing facility. They know there is a problem with the floor in Paris, so why repeat that same problem? There are other little tweaks that can happen, stuff like room around equipment for maintenance. This is actually part of how Transformers: The Ride – 3D was able to get done so quickly, Universal decided to repeat issues that had been discovered in Singapore and Hollywood instead of taking the time to correct them.

THE Monorail Lime

noun
  1. 1.
    "let's do a swap"
Groot was confused.......thanks! Now groot knows

BrianLo

There is a reason why I fly all the way to WDW despite being a DLP passholder and living $20 away....

Enough already with turning WDW into its poor cousin DLP. RAT, LMA and Toy Story Land should've stayed in the worst Disney park on the planet, WDSP. Just like any other show or rides.

Mickey and the Magician is actually fantastic though and a better stage show than nearly any on WDW property. I understand your other points but not how it applies to this thread.

NiarrNDisney

Wow just watched this on Youtube and Yes please bring this to DHS to replace either Beauty and the Beast or one of the other outdated shows!

Kman101

Mickey and the Magician is actually fantastic though and a better stage show than nearly any on WDW property. I understand your other points but not how it applies to this thread.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by that because it's a much better show than nearly any on WDW property.

Spash007

This may be a crazy idea, but is it possible that they would create a Mickey land in DHS? Have it centered around animation courtyard/the original planned hidden Mickey. You'll have MMRR, if this were to replace Little Mermaid, Disney Junior already has Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in it, and then when Galaxy's Edge opens, Launch Bay could be replaced. Even Walt Disney Presents could be tied in due to Walt and Mickey's relationship. The Dockside Diner turns into Steamboat Willie's, and you have a nice little area!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It's a really solid show, but there is nowhere to put it on current WDW property (at least not without making some pretty serious modifications to current venues).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom