News Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening day reports

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The few videos I’ve seen are people having fun in the dance studio with daisy.
Dancing with Daisy?
85e47e42f984bdcc6151421e19cb65b4.gif

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Yeah, I was in the last car of the train so ended up near the back of the room at a weird angle.

Speaking of the RVs though, I was very surprised at how large they were. Consistently 4 people are filling per row, but I saw quite a few times they were fitting 5 per row and it wasn't like it was a tight fit either.

If they can average over 4 per row than this will easily be the highest capacity ride at DHS, and could top TGMR in terms of OHRC. Really, it could. VERY interested to know the number of riders exiting.

Any idea what the FP+ to stand-by ratio is?
Very likely to change. In recent years they have tended to open rides with fewer FPs and then at some point 10-30 days in suddenly all future days have a ton of extra FPs available. I assume they do this to understand actual throughput, help the standby queue move as they find ways to improve dispatch intervals, and to limit recoveries after breakdowns before the ride is dialed in.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
//FP+ ratio at 4:1//
Very likely to change. In recent years they have tended to open rides with fewer FPs and then at some point 10-30 days in suddenly all future days have a ton of extra FPs available. I assume they do this to understand actual throughput, help the standby queue move as they find ways to improve dispatch intervals, and to limit recoveries after breakdowns before the ride is dialed in.
Assuming, of now, that MMRR is included on VIP tours...?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Assuming, of now, that MMRR is included on VIP tours...?
I haven't seen any reports to the opposite. The default is that VIP tours can go on new rides; ROTR was the only exception I can remember (but my memory isn't as long as others here)

MM311

Currently sitting on the floor in the queue, ride went down a couple minutes after we passed the fastpass touch point. Hopefully it’s not down too long...

NelsonRD

In my thinking they could be used on very high wait time attractions to entice or reward guests to get to the parks early. They would be limited in numbers but varied enough at each park so that every early arriver gets a bonus fast pass (BGs are a type of FP) or other reward. It is fun and spreads crowds out better. Which is only going to become more necessary in the future. IMO.

PS- to answer you more directly, the more people in the parks earlier allows the most guests to experience the attraction. Fewer empty seats and ride vehicles at opening.

Still confused. Have you ever rope dropped? What attraction has empty seats? There are no empty seats on headliners. Any ride that has empty seats in the early morning, nobody is not going to want a Boarding Group for it anyways.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Still confused. Have you ever rope dropped? What attraction has empty seats? There are no empty seats on headliners. Any ride that has empty seats in the early morning, nobody is not going to want a Boarding Group for it anyways.
There are sometimes empty seats and vehicles right at opening because there is no line. After a few cycles, there's a line for the rest of the day thanks to FP+

jt04

This is my opinion of how it could go. Pure!y hypothetical.....

The BGs are only for a few select attractions. For those that don't get their preferred choice or are waiting for their boarding time, all other attractions would have standby lines open and available.

Some may choose to forego trying to get a BG and just hit as many standby queues as possible. Should be short wait times if any for many attractions as many people will be focused on their BG time.

Strategy will be part of the fun. But for those who may have limited time on property, a BG time may be their best chance to experience the signature attraction of their choice. Everyone wins!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom