Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MickeyMinnieMom

We do know that it will not open with FPs.
How do we know this? Is this based on FP not being available to book at 60 days, or something else? For some new attractions like FoP, FP booking wasn’t available until a couple of weeks before it opened. So I’m wondering if that could still happen with MMRR.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
How do we know this? Is this based on FP not being available to book at 60 days, or something else? For some new attractions like FoP, FP booking wasn’t available until a couple of weeks before it opened. So I’m wondering if that could still happen with MMRR.
Boarding Groups are the future WDW .... with FP being the red headed step child

kwoodfan1

Ugh, another Boarding Group. Once again we celebrate those families that wake up at 5AM, smiling from ear to ear, ready to attack the day with their annoying effervescence. When do we get to celebrate the families like mine that stumble out of bed at 9:45, don't say a word to each other and head straight to the pool for a "chlorine shower"? First come, first served sucks.

Steph15251

Ugh, another Boarding Group. Once again we celebrate those families that wake up at 5AM, smiling from ear to ear, ready to attack the day with their annoying effervescence. When do we get to celebrate the families like mine that stumble out of bed at 9:45, don't say a word to each other and head straight to the pool for a "chlorine shower"? First come, first served sucks.
Yup I feel you ,I am sadly blacked out til April (family member is a cast member) but I can use comp passes .But I refuse to wake up so early in the morning and I want to go on this and Rise.

Markiewong

Yes, lets just throw away the boarding groups and go for the Tokyo Disneyland system where you have to join a lottery in order to be able to visit a show.

nickys

Premium Member

It’s possible, but highly unlikely. We know this from several of our trusted insiders, plus the known factors of reliability and how they handled that for RotR. Even Smuggler’s Run opened without FP, and the queues for that are very manageable. TDO appear to have tacitly admitted that the FP+ system is not the best way to deal with huge demand for new ride, FoP being a case in point almost three years after opening. Add in concerns over reliability and the virtual queue becomes even more appealing.

TPSou

I feel like they should try doing Virtual Queue with two chances to get in, one batch released at rope drop then one released at 1pm. It would mean people had two chances to get in and even if you couldn't make it earlier you'd still have a chance, but it also increases the likelihood of someone being there at rope drop and not getting a boarding party at all.

MickeyMinnieMom

It’s possible, but highly unlikely. We know this from several of our trusted insiders, plus the known factors of reliability and how they handled that for RotR. Even Smuggler’s Run opened without FP, and the queues for that are very manageable. TDO appear to have tacitly admitted that the FP+ system is not the best way to deal with huge demand for new ride, FoP being a case in point almost three years after opening. Add in concerns over reliability and the virtual queue becomes even more appealing.
I hear that — that mgmt now thinks BGs are just peachy. Didn’t know how we “know” this is planned for MMRR.

I get it for unreliable rides. A whole other problem that they opened something SO unreliable. But still no FP for MFSR?? Makes no sense to me.

And all that said, I’ve ridden FoP countless times over many trips with FP. Anyone can who plans. But this ROTR BG BS at the crack of dawn I have no interest in. REALLY annoys me actually.

And the idea that there could be TWO BG rides in the same park at the same time that you have to choose btwn?? Ridiculous setup from a customer standpoint imo.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I want one ride utilitizing Boarding Groups come the open of MMRR. One. Don't make me choose between RotR and MMRR, because that's going to **** off a lot of people, including my family.
I hear that — that mgmt now thinks BGs are just peachy. Didn’t know how we “know” this is planned for MMRR.

I get it for unreliable rides. A whole other problem that they opened something to unreliable. But MFSR?? Makes no sense to me.

And all that said, I’ve ridden FoP countless times over many trips with FP. Anyone can who plans. But this ROTR BG BS at the crack of dawn I have no interest in. REALLY annoys me actually.

And the idea that there could be TWO BG rides in the same park at the same time that you have to choose btwn?? Ridiculous setup from a customer standpoint imo.

We don't know yet:

1. whether or not MMRR is going to use BG/VQ

2. and *if* MMRR is indeed using BG/VQ that it will be mutually exclusive to RotR

MickeyMinnieMom

We don't know yet:

1. whether or not MMRR is going to use BG/VQ

2. and *if* MMRR is indeed using BG/VQ that it will be mutually exclusive to RotR
Got it! Thus my “know” in quotes and “could” wrt multiple BGs and how they might work. I had catching up to do as I haven’t been here much and I appreciate you guys filling me in!!

This is all so irritating to me. They spend years training people on FP+, and now they throw this in there. And may use it more. I totally got it for access to the SWGE lands at first. And MAYBE even for ROTR for a stretch, though even that is because they opened something SO unreliable! Ugh.

DarkMetroid567

I’ve said this before, but do keep in mind that both rides using VQ at once would require the rehaul of the current system in use, which cannot support two attractions.

The system was not rehauled for Rise. This is made obvious by the reused assets from the land’s opening, the useless “Current Land Status”, the “Please return to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” prompt, and the Virtual Queue’s lack of ability to account for downtime.

MickeyMinnieMom

I’ve said this before, but do keep in mind that both rides using VQ at once would require the rehaul of the current system in use, which cannot support two attractions.

The system was not rehauled for Rise. This is made obvious by the reused assets from the land’s opening, the useless “Current Land Status”, the “Please return to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” prompt, and the Virtual Queue’s lack of ability to account for downtime.
Interesting - thx! Disney and IT... I never have high hopes in that area...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

What makes you say the VQ can't account for downtime?

nickys

Premium Member

This is why at first I thought they may end the virtual queue for RotR at the end of February. However with boarding groups still filling so fast, I’ve been thinkimg they may open MMRR with just stand-by, like Smuggler’s Run.

As far as having two rides with a VQ, couldn’t they just duplicate the code for the second ride? Have them completely independent of each other. Although if that is the case and you can join both VQs at park opening, that may increase demand for MMRR to insane levels. They could just use a VQ for it if and when the stand-by line becomes unmanageable.

Den Carter

I'm no insider, but I do know a bit about developing software such as the VQ/BG system. It wouldn't surprise me if ROTR uses the VQ for the last time on March 3, then MMRR picks it up on March 4.

DarkMetroid567

What makes you say the VQ can't account for downtime?

You know how guests have a 2 hour window to return once their boarding group is called? Once Rise went down even once during these windows, many guests were concerned because the 2 hour window didn't change on their app even though they couldn't ride. That's because the system was made for the land, not attractions. A land doesn't go through downtime.

The solution? We ignored the windows and told guests to come back at any point in the day if we knew the ride was being troublesome. Even if the boarding group was over 200 minutes late, we clicked the override button.

djkidkaz

I guarantee you they are going to make people choose either a rise boarding group or a Mickey boarding group. Just watch. Can you imagine how ed people would be to come to the park and everyone who showed up at opening gets to do both new rides and everyone after 9am gets neither? That’s a huge guest relations issue! If they force you to choose they will probably have boarding groups available until later in the morning which makes it more “fair”. I just don’t see them allowing everyone at rope drop to snatch up both rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom