Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

No Name

With Ratatouille not opening until June/July (??) now, would hope that means they are clearing it out to give this ride it's own marketing cycle in the spring. But who knows (maybe @marni1971 ). They didn't get it open before SWGE. Opening much later than spring break would be pretty poor on their part IMO.

I think they could also market them together. It’s the Summer of Rodents at the Walt Disney World Resort!™️

mikef

Any speculation about what Chapek said that there was a “surprise” at the end of the ride? Will these RVs be capable of the trackless choreographed “dancing” like in DCA? I could see something like that being in the big finale ;)

I expect the surprise at the end will be "Train Engineer Goofy" pulling off his mask and saying "Just goes to show that anything can happen in the movies! " ;-)

mhochman

I'm a little behind on this thread, so apologies if this is discussed down the line, but based on the model for the train, it looks like they are forcing us to look toward the sides. Doesn't seem the front two rows will be able to see what's ahead. Or is there a way to see through the engine car?

180º

I'm a little behind on this thread, so apologies if this is discussed down the line, but based on the model for the train, it looks like they are forcing us to look toward the sides. Doesn't seem the front two rows will be able to see what's ahead. Or is there a way to see through the engine car?
The “train,” which is actually 5 separate trackless vehicles in a line, consists of the engine plus four of those passenger cars. That arrangement will get broken up almost immediately and most of the ride should be spent zipping around freely in your own car. According to leaked blueprints, the engine may sneak through a shortcut right after the first scene, to finally meet you again at the end of the ride. This is pretty clever and should allow fewer engines to service multiple groups of passenger cars each.

tissandtully

The “train,” which is actually 5 separate trackless vehicles in a line, consists of the engine plus four of those passenger cars. That arrangement will get broken up almost immediately and most of the ride should be spent zipping around freely in your own car. According to leaked blueprints, the engine may sneak through a shortcut right after the first scene, to finally meet you again at the end of the ride. This is pretty clever and should allow fewer engines to service multiple groups of passenger cars each.
Oh thank goodness, I was wondering for a sec if they were gonna pull a "Skull Island: Reign of Kong."

Surferboy567

This ride is taking way way too long.... Personally feel this has to be a home run ride since Mickey is featured but I am amazed at how long this is taking.... They cannot screw it up but come on.... This park needs rides!!

I’ve noticed Disney is becoming less and less timely. I have no doubt this will be a great experience however am worried that Disney is starting to not hit targeted opening dates for important projects.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 24, 2019. Not sure this has been posted before. The construction walls have been removed around the new ramp next to the Chinese Theatre, showing a wider ramp with handrails and new Chinese-styled lights on poles.

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom