Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Surferboy567

I don't know if anyone's heard anything about it but how about that catchy original song? Realistically speaking, I think the original song is what is going to make or break the ride for the vast majority of people, myself included.

Im sure the song will be good, but personally it wouldn’t make or break it for me. I’m more excited for the quirky antics of being in a cartoon effects, story and such.

TrojanUSC

So apologies if this has already been covered in the 226 pages, but I don't have the strength to read through this entire thread...

Ok, so my biggest gripe about this attraction is not necessarily about the attraction its self. It’s about the outside... If the park is taking less of a movie/studio/production direction why on earth is the Chinese theatre staying? I don't get it. I know because of the whole historical importance thing associated with red carpet premiers but how many people under the age of 25 would actually know what this building represents? A better thing would have been to have replaced it with the Carthay Circle Theatre at least that seems to have more of a connection with Disney.

It just seems like a one step forward and two steps back kind of move regarding this attraction and the future identity of the park.

The "Golden Age of Hollywood" buildings on Hollywood Blvd are all staying, so it works thematically. The Chinese Theater continues to be a real, worldwide symbol for Hollywood, with millions of tourists visiting the real thing, in Hollywood, every year. Current-day celebrities still vie for a chance to put their handprints in the cement. For the millions of WDW visitors who will never make it to Los Angeles, this is an identifiable symbol of what the park represents.

Carthay Circle, while important for Disney, is not iconic in any way, shape or form and was demolished many years ago because of that fact. It does not hold the same worldwide cultural cachet as the Chinese Theater.

RobWDW1971

The "Golden Age of Hollywood" buildings on Hollywood Blvd are all staying, so it works thematically. The Chinese Theater continues to be a real, worldwide symbol for Hollywood, with millions of tourists visiting the real thing, in Hollywood, every year. Current-day celebrities still vie for a chance to put their handprints in the cement. For the millions of WDW visitors who will never make it to Los Angeles, this is an identifiable symbol of what the park represents.

Carthay Circle, while important for Disney, is not iconic in any way, shape or form and was demolished many years ago because of that fact. It does not hold any the same cultural cachet as the Chinese Theater.

FIFY

And I can't imagine less than 5% of the people who come to DCA have any idea what that is supposed to be nor cares. It's just a building that sits empty most of the time with Cast Members standing outside trying to shill people to come inside and eat and drink. Most people are just confused.

Last edited:

No Name

Indeed! If they wanted to rename DHS, it should be: Disney's Great Movie Park.

... where three of the most popular rides in the park including the central attraction do not include movie franchises? Did I miss the joke or something?

If not, well, the park is, and is becoming, less about movies than it has ever been, and that name would be less fitting than ever before.

ToTBellHop

... where three of the most popular rides in the park including the central attraction do not include movie franchises? Did I miss the joke or something?

If not, well, the park is, and is becoming, less about movies than it has ever been, and that name would be less fitting than ever before.
Within 18 months, they will have opened 4 rides based upon movies. Your math is fuzzy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Within 18 months, they will have opened 4 rides based upon movies. Your math is fuzzy.

Your talking about the two TS and the two SW, right?

Don't forget MMRR in which another Disney studio has its IP ride-ified.

And the Summer dance party and the new semi-permanent flex-theater attraction based on Incredibles and Cars.

That's five IPs and three studios represented in that time frame.

And there are hints that RnRC's "IP" is going to be changed... to a Disney studio IP.

ToTBellHop

And the Summer dance party and the new semi-permanent flex-theater attraction based on Incredibles and Cars.

And there are hints that RnRC's "IP" is going to be changed... to a Disney studio IP.
As soon as they find an obscure Marvel hero that the folks at Universal haven’t heard of, it’ll go from yellow to green.

“Fast Roller Coaster with Arabian Knight Fighting Angar the Screaming Hippie” CONFIRMED!

mousekedoc

Premium Member

I don’t see why that IP can’t be Deadpool. It would be funny, entice the teens, and require only a little cost.

GlacierGlacier

I guess the question would be can Deadpool be used at DHS?
He's somewhat closely tied to the X-Men family currently in use at IOA, so no.

He originally showed up in The New Mutants as a villain, but then became the antihero over time. He's also been represented in at least one X-Men movie, which ties that closer.

Side note: I absolutely despise Deadpool and my comments should be taken with that in mind.

No Name

No, the previous attractions were more about movies whereas these new attractions are not at all about movies. They are attractions with unrelated themes only unified by the fact that they are set in the worlds of movie franchises, That’s setting, not theme. Not everyone understands the difference but I think you’re a fairly smart guy.

In fact MMRR is ironically the upcoming attraction most about movies even though it is television.

Now whether you think what they’re doing with DHS is interesting enough overall to pull people in, that’s your guess and I’ll let the numbers speak. I think in the few instances it’s worked, it’s been more attributable to an overall increase in quality.

mikejs78

Premium Member
As soon as they find an obscure Marvel hero that the folks at Universal haven’t heard of, it’ll go from yellow to green.

“Fast Roller Coaster with Arabian Knight Fighting Angar the Screaming Hippie” CONFIRMED!

I'm still surprised that they haven't lightly rethemed ToT to Doctor Strange.

only unified by the fact that they are set in the worlds of movie franchises, That’s setting, not theme. Not everyone understands the difference but I think you’re a fairly smart guy.

The wonderful worlds created by Hollywood is the theme. The new theme of DHS (as stated by Disney) is the place where the "imagined worlds of Hollywood unfold around them from movies and music, to television and theater.”

This theme fits all the major attractions of DHS.

dreday3

Hi.

Is there any thought that now the opening may be pushed back from April (saw on rumor tracker thread) due to all the work trying to get Rise of The Resistance open for DHS?

Thanks!

No Name

The wonderful worlds created by Hollywood is the theme. The new theme of DHS (as stated by Disney) is the place where the "imagined worlds of Hollywood unfold around them from movies and music, to television and theater.”

This theme fits all the major attractions of DHS.

Do you take Disney’s word as gospel? What they came up with is an embarrassingly weak theme as there is nothing non-tangential that unites these imagined worlds of Hollywood. Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, etc. don’t share any actual commonalities aside from the fact that the lands are set in the universes of existing entertainment franchises. That’s a tangential connection. Next Disney will be arguing Pixar Pier fits because Pixar and the respective films were created in California! ... oh wait.

Well, then, DHS never had a theme. Previously, it was about going backstage to see how movie/TV magic worked. That's just a setting, not a theme. DHS has always been themeless.

For someone so involved in this forum it’s kind of unfortunate that you have such a poor understanding of theme. And now apparently setting. I would like to know what English teacher did you wrong because you are quite frankly embarrassing yourself here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom