Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Figment82

Well that sucks. With that kind of timeline, they could have had GMR refurbed and open, and been well on their way towards building it elsewhere.

I assume if they go spring, then they won't rush Rat for next spring and give a few months separation. So maybe june/july? The year of the rodent at WDW.
2020 is the year of the rat in the Chinese zodiac, so it fits! The marketing campaign pretty much writes itself. 😂

lentesta

Premium Member
Should DHS consider some sort of reservation system or capacity-throttling mechanism? There doesn't seem to be enough rides or restaurants in the park to handle extra-large crowds.

A back-of-envelope calculation puts the non-GE park capacity at something like 43K (15,000 people in line, 35% of those in the park are in line). I'm trying to figure out how they'd put, say, 20K more in there.

Epcot_Imagineer

I wonder if WDW will regret the decision to move MMRR construction crews to Galaxy's Edge? Genuine question. Is it worth it to have SW:GE open a few months earlier instead of waiting it out and having MMRR open? Obviously it is monetarily, but I have a feeling with such low capacity in DHS guest satisfaction surveys might be taking a dive.

Last edited:

The Pho

I wonder if WDW will regret the decision to move MMRR construction crews to Galaxy's Edge? Genuine question. Is it worth it to have SW:GE open open a few months earlier instead of waiting it out and having MMRR open. Obviously it is monetarily, but I have a feeling with such low capacity in DHS guest satisfaction surveys might be taking a dive.
I think taking a dive is an optimistic view. That park will be a poster child for how not to handle a theme park.

Patcheslee

It makes sense on Disney's end to push the opening to next year as much as I don't agree with it. Gives them the rest of the year to talk about SWGE and then they can hype up MMRR in the new year. Obviously doesn't make as much sense in terms of park capacity but it's 2019, who cares about the guest experience anyways?
Throw in their plan to take a step back from SW movies after Skywalker for a bit, but have a few SW series they'll be able to ride the marketing campaign longer. SW opening, then Railway Opening once initial SW hype ends.

Epcot_Imagineer

How can WDW mgmt be so clueless?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom