Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

YodaMan

I think we’ll hear very little about this ride. Star Wars Land is going to destroy Studios. This ride is meant to help with capacity when the park is incredibly full. The idea is that people come for Star Wars Land, can’t get in, and then stumble upon this ride and are pleasantly surprised by how great it is and still leave the park happy. They don’t want to overhype the ride or have people specifically coming for this. I wouldn’t be shocked if all we get a quiet Parks Blog article saying “oh, btw, this ride is now open”

Surferboy567

I think we’ll hear very little about this ride. Star Wars Land is going to destroy Studios. This ride is meant to help with capacity when the park is incredibly full. The idea is that people come for Star Wars Land, can’t get in, and then stumble upon this ride and are pleasantly surprised by how great it is and still leave the park happy. They don’t want to overhype the ride or have people specifically coming for this. I wouldn’t be shocked if all we get a quite Parks Blog article saying “oh, btw, this ride is now open”

Yeah....but this ride is like a big deal and cost them millions of dollars...hell it's in the CHINESE THEATER I'm sure it's gonna have a grand opening not as much hoopla as Star Wars but something...surely. Also they have to be conformable with the quality if they are gonna clone it in Disneyland.

TBrass84

Is this ride still slated to open before SW:GE now? With the star wars opening moved up Im hoping this ride will also open earlier than expected. Any inside info?
Oh my goodness I’m so bummed out. We were going to go in November to see Star Wars. Around that time Disney said “Late Fall 2019” for DW. So, when the free dining promotion for summer came out we said, may as well book and save money since late fall could be December and we might still miss it. So we are going August 1-5 and this news hurts. I just hope more than anything that MMRR will open up before we are there to at least get one brand new attraction.

Surferboy567

Oh my goodness I’m so bummed out. We were going to go in November to see Star Wars. Around that time Disney said “Late Fall 2019” for DW. So, when the free dining promotion for summer came out we said, may as well book and save money since late fall could be December and we might still miss it. So we are going August 1-5 and this news hurts. I just hope more than anything that MMRR will open up before we are there to at least get one brand new attraction.

I'm sure it will open by then...right? I find the lack of news on this weird. IT'S IN THE MAIN ICON OF THE STUDIOS...but I have confidence in them I really love the new shorts

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
I think we’ll hear very little about this ride. Star Wars Land is going to destroy Studios. This ride is meant to help with capacity when the park is incredibly full. The idea is that people come for Star Wars Land, can’t get in, and then stumble upon this ride and are pleasantly surprised by how great it is and still leave the park happy. They don’t want to overhype the ride or have people specifically coming for this. I wouldn’t be shocked if all we get a quiet Parks Blog article saying “oh, btw, this ride is now open”
Basically the Frozen route, where they had a date and it basically just opened on that day, no soft opening.

eddie104

Yeah....but this ride is like a big deal and cost them millions of dollars...hell it's in the CHINESE THEATER I'm sure it's gonna have a grand opening not as much hoopla as Star Wars but something...surely. Also they have to be conformable with the quality if they are gonna clone it in Disneyland.
Yep this is new tech they are using so I would hope they would want it to be successful enough to use in other parks.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
Is this ride still slated to open before SW:GE now? With the star wars opening moved up Im hoping this ride will also open earlier than expected. Any inside info?
It'll probably open before Galaxy's edge, but just have a feeling this will open early, august and galaxy's edge will open late august.

Disney Dad 3000

Will be extremely interested in status of this attraction. Seemed like a given they'd want it up and running and ready for SWGE. That may still be the case to have it ready for phase 1, but would mean it's also going to be ready sooner than originally thought? Figure they'd want at least a month of lead up to opening at HS for SW for pub so is it possible this opens in July or does SW opening in DL already dampen the need for extended Orlando pub?

Timelines for MMRR, ROR and skyliner will be interesting to see after today's announcement

ToTBellHop

I will be very impressed if they can get MMRR open more than...2 weeks before Galaxy’s Edge. To be fair to MMRR project managers, SWGE’s timeline moved up considerably due to understandable concern over crowds. We all knew the holidays was never a good time to open a new land. Now, initial crowding will be during the quietest time of year at WDW.

Disney Dad 3000

I will be very impressed if they can get MMRR open more than...2 weeks before Galaxy’s Edge. To be fair to MMRR project managers, SWGE’s timeline moved up considerably due to understandable concern over crowds. We all knew the holidays was never a good time to open a new land. Now, initial crowding will be during the quietest time of year at WDW.

Do you think might actually hold MMRR for a few weeks after SWGE phase 1 open to give it its due instead of having it caught up in the land opening?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure it will open by then...right? I find the lack of news on this weird. IT'S IN THE MAIN ICON OF THE STUDIOS...but I have confidence in them I really love the new shorts

Umm no, ToT currently is

BTW they havent done anything to the facade of The Grauman's Chinese Theater clone, its just the insides they've gutted for the new attraction..

Spash007

Umm no, ToT currently is

View attachment 355079

BTW they havent done anything to the facade of The Grauman's Chinese Theater clone, its just the insides they've gutted for the new attraction..

This itself shows how clueless Disney is about what to do with HS and how disjointed the park is. The Chinese Theater has the same characteristics of the other park icons that ToT is lacking - immediate sightline when you walk in the park, a place in the hub (rather than at a dead end), is an original fixture and is unique to the park. The only thing ToT has going for it is it's size. I'm really hoping that also getting an original attraction based on the mascot of the company will persuade Disney to change the icon (for a 4th time).

TBrass84

At the end of the day, SWGE went from Fall 2019, to late Fall 2019, to the middle of summer 2019 with an exact date.

MMRR (I believe) was initially billed as Summer 2019, then about a month ago slipped to Fall 2019. I just hope that it gets moved up. I'm dying being there SO SOON before SWGE opens, but a lot of that pain would go away if MMRR opened early enough for me to see it.

Timothy_Q

This itself shows how clueless Disney is about what to do with HS and how disjointed the park is. The Chinese Theater has the same characteristics of the other park icons that ToT is lacking - immediate sightline when you walk in the park, a place in the hub (rather than at a dead end), is an original fixture and is unique to the park. The only thing ToT has going for it is it's size. I'm really hoping that also getting an original attraction based on the mascot of the company will persuade Disney to change the icon (for a 4th time).
Except the Chinese Theater is a copy of a real building.

It's not an unique Disney structure, like Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life (and Hollywood Tower Hotel)

It's also pretty small compared to all the other icons

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
Except the Chinese Theater is a copy a real world building.

It's not an unique Disney structure, like Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth and Tree of Life (and Hollywood Tower Hotel)

It's also pretty small compared to all the other icons
It's also never been really used as the park icon. It was the hat previously, and before that the Earful Tower. At least in all the marketing....

TBrass84

It's also never been really used as the park icon. It was the hat previously, and before that the Earful Tower. At least in all the marketing....
The Chinese Theatre was there LOONNNNGGGG before that hat ever showed up. For all the people that were mad they removed the hat, there were about 10 times as many people who were mad that the hat covered up the theatre in the first place.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The Chinese Theatre was there LOONNNNGGGG before that hat ever showed up. For all the people that were mad they removed the hat, there were about 10 times as many people who were mad that the hat covered up the theatre in the first place.
Count me as one of them. But that wasn't my point. Just that Disney has never used the Chinese Theater as the park symbol. Before the hat it was the Earful Tower. I remember pans of the different park icons back in the 90s on the Magical World of Disney - it would pan from Spaceship Earth, to.... The Earful Tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom