Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought Disney fans had been pretty clear that we REALLY dislike the "new look" Mickey Mouse characters. They look awful. Why put them in a ride instead of the "real" characters.

A vocal few don't speak for all fans. If the majority hated it, Disney would have known and stopped the new Mickey Shorts after its first season.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I thought Disney fans had been pretty clear that we REALLY dislike the "new look" Mickey Mouse characters. They look awful. Why put them in a ride instead of the "real" characters.

::insert lame corporate excuse here::

The animation style is trash but the shorts are clever enough to make a fun and visually impressive attraction. At least that’s the plan. Hopefully it’ll be impressive enough to almost make us forget that they threw the Great Movie Ride in a dumpster.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From today's press release on what's happenin'...

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Opening in 2019, the first ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will feature a new original story and lovable theme song as it takes Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests on a journey inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts. New technologies will transform the two-dimensional cartoon world into an astounding multi-dimensional experience.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I haven't followed MMRR, but looking at the new concept art, it seems like it's going to flow like the great movie ride (and Kong) and be screens based like Kong. Could be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom