Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ppete1975

since there isn't a d23 this year.. do we think we might see more info about this ride at
DESTINATION D: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKEY: November 18, 2018, will mark 90 years since Mickey Mouse made his debut in Steamboat Willie at the Colony Theatre in New York City, and D23 is throwing a party at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort to celebrate. The event will include panels, presentations, an all-new exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives, a pop-up store from Walt Disney Imagineering’s Mickey’s of Glendale, and more. Additional details, including special hotel rates and ticketing information, will be announced in the coming months.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We might need a @MisterPenguin refresher on construction times. :cool:

From the rumor tracker: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/

Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railway replacing (not overlaying) the Great Movie Ride . Starting this August 13, 2017 [construction to start immediately]. Uses Mickey Shorts animation and 2 1/2D effects on an LPS vehicle. [confirmed at D23 2017]
  • Timeframe:
    • 2019, Apr - Sep [here] and [here]
    • just before DHS's Star Wars Land [here]
    • may have soft opening in August 2019 [here]

As far as how that time frame stacks up against other projects...

1529974924201.png

Castle Cake Apologist

From the rumor tracker: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/

Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railway replacing (not overlaying) the Great Movie Ride . Starting this August 13, 2017 [construction to start immediately]. Uses Mickey Shorts animation and 2 1/2D effects on an LPS vehicle. [confirmed at D23 2017]
  • Timeframe:
    • 2019, Apr - Sep [here] and [here]
    • just before DHS's Star Wars Land [here]
    • may have soft opening in August 2019 [here]

As far as how that time frame stacks up against other projects...

View attachment 292258

You're so extra in the most wonderful way. Thanks again for everything that you do with all your side projects here!

aladdin2007

I am oddly looking forward to this. I hope they use the entire huge footprint left by GMR. I guess at some point I had thought that this ride was going to use trackless technology but from that concept art it seems to be on a track (maybe I am over-interpreting)

wondering about that as well, and I know its all screen based but it also looks like it is going to have some physical sets??..... last was stated here they are not using the entire GMR footprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom